[WIP] Sugar farm

Discuss, get help with, or post new modifications, graphics or related tools for Locomotion in this forum.

Moderator: Locomotion Moderators

demontrain
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

[WIP] Sugar farm

Post by demontrain »

An adaption of the wheat farm to produce sugar instead of grain. It uses the same cargo id # as grain so there would be no need to modify and vechicles (all grain hoppers should work fine) I adapted the winery to accept the sugar and while also to accepting grapes and grain.

I've added the rar file if anyone wants it. NO new sprites or anything special just as advertised a adaption of wheat farms and winery to give another cargo type. 2 wineries are enclosed both along with 3 city buildings that produce sugar. The produce dat is enclosed as I'm working on a variation of sugar farm that will also produce produce when supplied with fertilizer.
Attachments
Screenshot123.PNG
Screenshot123.PNG (70.26 KiB) Viewed 15681 times
Screenshot124.PNG
Screenshot124.PNG (134.5 KiB) Viewed 15685 times
SugarFarms.rar
for those that want it.
(711.81 KiB) Downloaded 1043 times
Last edited by demontrain on 23 Jun 2008 12:13, edited 1 time in total.
Twiggy
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Re: [WIP] Sugar farm

Post by Twiggy »

good to see this one happening mate. Do you want me to beta test it for you? I'm in the process of getting some narrow gauge suger cane trains up and running. It's only early days for those tho, works got the better of me timewise, so it may be a long process.
[WIP] QLD Sugar Cane Set
[WIP] Another Aussie project...
CanAm - This ride is unsuitable for pregnant women, children under the age of 16 and whimps.
Hammo
Director
Director

Post by Hammo »

I actually want to make a whole new industry with new sprites and such for this. I finished my exams a couple of days ago, so I've got a month off now :)

I'll see how I go, It'll almost certainly be a lot of work... if I fail miserably, this one will do :)
Plastikman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Plastikman »

Hammo wrote:I actually want to make a whole new industry with new sprites and such for this. I finished my exams a couple of days ago, so I've got a month off now :)

I'll see how I go, It'll almost certainly be a lot of work... if I fail miserably, this one will do :)

I was actually ahead of you on this hammo, but it looks like i can toss mine out.
North American sets and then some...
US SET Ver 3.1.0 updated ~ Amtrak Pack 3.1.0 ~ US Passenger/Metro Set 3.1.0 updated~ Auto Factory 2.6 ~ VIA Rail Pack ~ LTD ED1 Conrail Alcos ~ LTD ED2 NJ Transit ~ DBR E60 ~ TGV Duplex ~ Umbrella Corp. ~ Comboios de Portugal~ Dekosoft UP/BN/BNSF Sets ~ ICE // MegaPack = 1.0.3.
My Trains are made from 100% recycled electrons!
Twiggy
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by Twiggy »

Hammo wrote:I actually want to make a whole new industry with new sprites and such for this. I finished my exams a couple of days ago, so I've got a month off now :)

Do you wanna work in together on this one Hammo, I'll do the rolling stock and you can do the industry.

@ Plastik: Don't chuck it... Just coz...
[WIP] QLD Sugar Cane Set
[WIP] Another Aussie project...
CanAm - This ride is unsuitable for pregnant women, children under the age of 16 and whimps.
demontrain
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by demontrain »

wadeo1984 wrote:

Do you wanna work in together on this one Hammo, I'll do the rolling stock and you can do the industry.

@ Plastik: Don't chuck it... Just coz...
Feel free to continue your efforts on your version. I only released mine since I've had it long enough and have gotten requests to release some of the various industries I've adapted even tho' they don't have new sprites. I've tried but the graphics I've made are not up to the HQ that have been released by others and no need to hear the comments on quality.
pe13
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by pe13 »

Is it replacing the original dats?
demontrain
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by demontrain »

pe13 wrote:Is it replacing the original dats?
The dats released released in the sugar farm mod (see 1st post) do NOT replace any dats originally supplied with locomotion. Sugar is hauled in a grain type hopper so I used the same id number. This allows the default hoppers and all the mod hoppers that haul grain to also haul sugar and not replace anything. The dats have new names and will appear in industry tab and city building tabs therefor no replacements are done.
athanasios
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by athanasios »

Sugar Farm? This is rather odd. Where? On planet Mars or in Toyland of TTD?
I don't know why we should introduce such foolish terms in Locomotion as "Sugar Farm" or "Sugar Plantation". :evil:
"Sugar Beets" or "Sugar Cane" Farm or Plantation and "Sugar Factory" are valid, otherwise someone please lock this thread.
http://members.fortunecity.com/gamesart
"If no one is a fool I am also a fool." -The TTD maniac.

I prefer to be contacted through PMs. Thanks.
Kevo00
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Kevo00 »

athanasios wrote:Sugar Farm? This is rather odd. Where? On planet Mars or in Toyland of TTD?
I don't know why we should introduce such foolish terms in Locomotion as "Sugar Farm" or "Sugar Plantation". :evil:
"Sugar Beets" or "Sugar Cane" Farm or Plantation and "Sugar Factory" are valid, otherwise someone please lock this thread.
What, just because you are a pedant?
Hammo
Director
Director

Post by Hammo »

athanasios wrote:Sugar Farm? This is rather odd. Where? On planet Mars or in Toyland of TTD?
I was planning to make mine a sugar cane plantation... this project seems to have extended from talk in the cityrail thread about a QLD set and sugar cane. Queensland is covered with sugar cane, and we though that it would be good if we could try and make a sugar industry, since it's so prevalent there. Wadeo is making some narrow gauge locos to go with it, since the whole state of Queensland runs on narrow gauge.

@wadeo: sounds great. I'll start work in a day or two when I get some time free.
demontrain
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by demontrain »

I presume I stepped on your toes somewhere or another. I am sorry for offending you somehow. Please by all means give me the proper name for the industry that would suit everyone. I am new to the making of mods and thought that makeing the industry somewhat generic in name would leave it's usage up to the end user. Sugar is produced in many ways, from sugar cane and sugar beets to name the most popular,so I concede to your terms.

I really don't see the need to lock this topic but if that is your wish and the powers that be do obey your wishes that's fine. Constructive criticism like yours is so nice to see. :)
robo
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by robo »

Plastikman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Plastikman »

thats a nice link robo. that steamer is in great condition and in regular service. compare that to this poor thing http://touregypt.net/teblog/luxornews/?p=482 that thing look like Godzillia chewed it up and spat it out.

demontrain wrote:An adaption of the wheat farm to produce sugar instead of grain. It uses the same cargo id # as grain so there would be no need to modify and vehicles (all grain hoppers should work fine) I adapted the winery to accept the sugar and while also to accepting grapes and grain.
I think the failed logic is that the farm itself should not make sugar, It should make cane. That is then transported to a Sugar Refinery.

I am pretty sure that is what the Aussie guy are asking for since that is what they would see rolling b on some narrow gauge tracks.

maybe you can do something like this?
cane.png
cane.png (83.38 KiB) Viewed 15199 times
That is the one i chucked, it had narrow gauge trains also.
North American sets and then some...
US SET Ver 3.1.0 updated ~ Amtrak Pack 3.1.0 ~ US Passenger/Metro Set 3.1.0 updated~ Auto Factory 2.6 ~ VIA Rail Pack ~ LTD ED1 Conrail Alcos ~ LTD ED2 NJ Transit ~ DBR E60 ~ TGV Duplex ~ Umbrella Corp. ~ Comboios de Portugal~ Dekosoft UP/BN/BNSF Sets ~ ICE // MegaPack = 1.0.3.
My Trains are made from 100% recycled electrons!
demontrain
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by demontrain »

That's what I had in mind but alas my working with graphics is extremely lacking, especially when it comes to making vehicles. I know there's a special type car that hauls raw sugar cane and I even tried to make one (total failure). I therefor opted to have the farm also process the sugar cane into sugar which would need to still be hauled to a processing plant.
It's my 1st mod that I released and I did a few shortcuts to avoid the copyright issues with MSTS people and with existing vehicles made by you and others. If I get better at vehicle making I can change the industry or perhaps someone would make the railcars. I have a few graphics for the sugar cane farm, plantation or whatever name people want to call it, I've got a few blotches in it that I need to clean up, same goes for a processing plant.
athanasios
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by athanasios »

demontrain wrote:I really don't see the need to lock this topic but if that is your wish and the powers that be do obey your wishes that's fine. Constructive criticism like yours is so nice to see. :)
No need to lock it. I just wanted to put emphasis on my sayings and seems that my post served its purpose. :wink:
Consider it a friendly prod! :)
http://members.fortunecity.com/gamesart
"If no one is a fool I am also a fool." -The TTD maniac.

I prefer to be contacted through PMs. Thanks.
Hammo
Director
Director

Post by Hammo »

Plastikman wrote:That is the one i chucked, it had narrow gauge trains also.
:shock: you're chucking that? If you've done some work, then surely let us see. If it's that complete, I may not need to do as much (if you are willing or able to share it, that is).

And yes, the idea of cane going to a refinery to make food is what I was planning.

Had you made a proper sugar cane plantation too? That was going to be my focus, so if you have indeed made one, I'd love to see how it turned out.
demontrain
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by demontrain »

Please continue your work Plastikman. I only released my version to see if it would fill the void. No problems here if outclassed by yours.
robo
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by robo »

I remember the game tropico had some nice 8-/16bit-graphics of sugarcane farms and a rum distillery.
After playing the scenario "lost worlds", which is already a lot of fun I thought about making some more tropical scenary some time ago (vegetation, industries and perhaps buildings) but then I discovered it's too much work. :mrgreen:
Attachments
12.jpg
12.jpg (36.22 KiB) Viewed 14766 times
38.jpg
38.jpg (32.08 KiB) Viewed 14751 times
Kevo00
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Kevo00 »

I know its totally O/T, but Tropico was a great game, should have been way more popular than it was. I loved trying to provoke the US.

Return to “Locomotion Graphics, Modifications & Tools”