Dutch Trainset v2.0

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

Which DMU do you find better looking

Poll ended at 06 Feb 2013 11:59

DE-III (plan U): http://nl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plan_U
38%
DE-IV (Ram): http://www.stichtingtee.nl/nl/trein/geschiedenis
63%

Total votes: 24

Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Dutch Trainset Development Thread / Alpha release pending

Post by Purno »

I've been thinking about the Belgian trainset...
Contributor to the The 2cc Set and Dutch Trainset. Inventor of the Metro concept. Retired Graphics Artist.
Image Image
Download TT | Latest TTDPatch | OpenTTD | OpenTTDCoop | BaNaNaS: OpenTTD content system | 2048² OTTD scenario of the Netherlands
GRF Codec | GRF Crawler | GRF Maker | Usefull graphics & tools sites | NML Documentation Wiki | NFO Documentation Wiki
All my graphics are licensed under GPL. "Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else."
Toni Babelony
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Toni Babelony »

Purno wrote:I've been thinking about the Belgian trainset...
Maybe later (when both NS and NMBS (probably a CFL) sets are finished), you could merge them to a BeneluxSet. By the time that could be done I'm sure the extra grf ID's are finished in both TTDPatch and OTTD. *dreams on*
Retired JapanSet developer and creator of TIAS.
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

By that time you probably don't have to mix them, but will OpenTTD support any sets to be combined by each other by internally adjusting VehIDs. :mrgreen:
Contributor to the The 2cc Set and Dutch Trainset. Inventor of the Metro concept. Retired Graphics Artist.
Image Image
Download TT | Latest TTDPatch | OpenTTD | OpenTTDCoop | BaNaNaS: OpenTTD content system | 2048² OTTD scenario of the Netherlands
GRF Codec | GRF Crawler | GRF Maker | Usefull graphics & tools sites | NML Documentation Wiki | NFO Documentation Wiki
All my graphics are licensed under GPL. "Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else."
Toni Babelony
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Toni Babelony »

Indeed you're right... They're working on it now as I presume. Silly me /(-_-)\
FooBar
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by FooBar »

Wile E. Coyote wrote:Trams?
Dutch trams already exist. Although the current release still needs to be expanded, updated and improved, I think it's pretty playable. See link in sig.
Hoontje
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Hoontje »

Purno wrote:I've been thinking about the Belgian trainset...

Well, not to complain or anything...

But eeehm, first you still have to release this set...
Then we all are going to play with it, and then MAYBE we'll find some SMALL errors (I still think that won't happen, this set really look great!)
And you'll have to fix them!

After a few months we all know wich trains and carriers we miss and start wining that we need them too and you'll be asked to draw and code these...

In a few years NS will promote a new type of train and this one has to enter the set too hahaha

And sow the saga continues??? :mrgreen: :O

*just joking... I really have no idea what you have to do when this amazing set is finally finished and published!*

Greetz,

Hoontje 8)
Oh wauw! :bow:
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

TBH, you're starting to get on my nerves. Don't be so demanding. :?
Image Image
Hoontje
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Hoontje »

Purno wrote:TBH, you're starting to get on my nerves. Don't be so demanding. :?

I don't know what TBH means? But if you mean my post, it was surely not ment to be demanding! I'm very sorry if it is misread by you and you feel offended...
That wasn't it's purpose! I'm sorry.

I understand the great amount of work on this set and just have nothing else but respect for it's developingteam! You know that!

Greetz,

Hoontje
Oh wauw! :bow:
Toni Babelony
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Toni Babelony »

Hoontje wrote:I don't know what TBH means?
TBH = To Be Honest.
Th3Eagle
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Th3Eagle »

rav wrote:nah, he'll just sit here looking cool
True True ;)

Keep up the good work guys, looking awesome!!!
BlueEagle_nl
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by BlueEagle_nl »

Guys, sorry for the delay...

I've submitted a new GRF (Dos and Win) to the rest of the team to see if it can be released as Alpha.

I changed the following things:
  • Alignment of the Lint
  • In a DDAR-consist (Train using the Double Deck Coaches, also when the engine isn't a mDDm), the last coach will be a 'stuurstandrijtuig', like the Intercity's have since 2004.
I haven't got much time this week to do some steamer alignment/replacement, nor the Cargo Wagons have been aligned. So, when this version will be released, I have to mention that when using Steamers and/or Cargo Wagons things wil be looking pretty strange... But, that'll be fixed in the next version...
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

I noticed action colors in the iron ore hopper (dark red livery)

EDIT: Also, the DH-I Wadloper 'railcar', new livery, has wrong driving direction (e.g., white lights on rear and red lights at front).
Image Image
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

OMG, MS Paint still works :bow:
Attachments
Dutch liveries for TRAXX
Dutch liveries for TRAXX
traxx.PNG (6.51 KiB) Viewed 3617 times
Image Image
BlueEagle_nl
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by BlueEagle_nl »

TRAXX will be added later on, I think... IMO it's better to get the current version up and running (fixing steamer alignments now, afterwards I'll add and replace sprites...)

All bugs are fixed now, except one, just finishing alignment now.

The current bug is for steamers with tenders, for which all coaches and wagons won't be good aligned. I'll post a screenshot later today... Don't know where the bug is... Perhaps, I'll just re-align tender and steamer sprites, so all sprites line up OK...
Toni Babelony
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Toni Babelony »

Sounds really great! The Dutch Trainset is now really close to a release! *trembles with excitement*
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

Paffy Duck wrote:TRAXX will be added later on, I think... IMO it's better to get the current version up and running (fixing steamer alignments now, afterwards I'll add and replace sprites...)
Adding an engine shouldn't be too much work, though.
All bugs are fixed now, except one, just finishing alignment now.
Awesome! :D
The current bug is for steamers with tenders, for which all coaches and wagons won't be good aligned. I'll post a screenshot later today... Don't know where the bug is... Perhaps, I'll just re-align tender and steamer sprites, so all sprites line up OK...
Coaches and wagons shouldn't be differently alligend when a steamer attached, unless the steamers got wagon override.
Image Image
STT Transport
Chairman
Chairman

Post by STT Transport »

I hope that the next realese come's soon :D
The train set is Awesome, can't wait :!:
"A million years into the sky is Ra, Sun God. Sealed and buried for all time, his Stargate."
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

Ok, I did some work on a new website. Which do you guys prefer?

http://users.tt-forums.net/dutchset/index.php (current)

http://users.tt-forums.net/dutchset/index.html (new)
Image Image
jvassie
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by jvassie »

I prefer the current version, looks more professional IMO.
(British) Modular Stations Set - Thread: | Website:
Swiss Set - Thread: | Website:
Route Map Creator
My Screenshot Thread
BlueEagle_nl
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by BlueEagle_nl »

Purno wrote:
Paffy Duck wrote:TRAXX will be added later on, I think... IMO it's better to get the current version up and running (fixing steamer alignments now, afterwards I'll add and replace sprites...)
Adding an engine shouldn't be too much work, though.
Yeah, that's right... And I've found the reason of the A803 error: I should read that fietsing manual next time whenever an error occurs...
Purno wrote:...
Paffy Duck wrote:The current bug is for steamers with tenders, for which all coaches and wagons won't be good aligned. I'll post a screenshot later today... Don't know where the bug is... Perhaps, I'll just re-align tender and steamer sprites, so all sprites line up OK...
Coaches and wagons shouldn't be differently alligend when a steamer attached, unless the steamers got wagon override.
I'll re-align the Steamers and Tenders then... Here's the screenie: All three trains are the same (NS2100 + Tender + 4 Local Passenger Coaches). Only train 3 has a good tender, Train 2 seems to miss it, and train 1, well, half of the tender is in the first coach...
See the trains... Check the tenders!
See the trains... Check the tenders!
Rarnwell Ridge Transport, 6 Mrt 1950.png (85.78 KiB) Viewed 3306 times
Purno wrote:OK, I did some work on a new website. Which do you guys prefer?
The new one is pretty simple, and pretty white... Too white IMO... But, you can find everything what you need...
For the styling, I must say I like the way older DTS-site (the one before the current one...), which was pretty neat, and the menu was easier to read than the current one.

So, my vote goes out to the new version, with the old styling :P

Return to “Graphics Development”