OpenGFX - Graphics Base Set

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

Zephyris
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: [8bpp] Graphics Replacement Project - OpenGFX

Post by Zephyris »

It would be an immensely powerful tool for both projects, the development effort probably isn't worth it purely for the 8bpp project, but would be worth it for the 32bpp project.
Red*Star
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Red*Star »

Next trick:

The docks. Hope you like it ;) ("//" versions coming soon). Have tried to keep the ground compatible to the harbor stations set.
Attachments
dock-preview.png
dock-preview.png (5.95 KiB) Viewed 12021 times
Like sun is to the dark soil,
so is true enlightenment to the soil's friends.

N.F.S. Grundtvig
NukeBuster
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by NukeBuster »

Hey guys,

You are really doing a great job with the replacement graphics. I like how things are looking and also the progress that is being made.

I am now trying the OpenGFX package from the first post of this thread and until now it looks great.
But one thing I notice is that the water when zoomed out is almost blinking. It goes from a darker blue to a white(or very light blue) every second. This isn't a very peasefull sight.

Secondly when zoomed in on large segments of water It's not really comfortable looking at it. This maybe because of my lcd screen but it's not the most pleasant sight.

Anyway, I still think you're doing a great job. Do with this comment what you like, as I can always grab myself some newGRF for water somewhere.

Regards.
NukeBuster

Transport Empire: The Transport Empire Linux effort
Join the Transport Empire IRC channel: [url]irc://irc.oftc.net/transportempire[/url] !

OpenTTD patch(es): Password at join
athanasios
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by athanasios »

Amazing docks. I wouldn't think of anything better.
Since a differently colored ground (grey with a few green dots) is used in newer versions of Industrial Renewal Stations, shouldn't we follow that?

regards
athanasios
Attachments
newcolorscheme.png
newcolorscheme.png (51.36 KiB) Viewed 11779 times
http://members.fortunecity.com/gamesart
"If no one is a fool I am also a fool." -The TTD maniac.

I prefer to be contacted through PMs. Thanks.
Connum
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Connum »

Zephyris wrote:*edit* And Connum, you building isn't included yet because it is (in my opinion) not quite finished, but it will be included in the end! If you feel like drawing some more modernish shops (like yours, think concrete and 60s) I would like to include more of these too...
At the moment, I just don't have much time, but I'll rework and create new buildings in the futute! =)

Keep up the great work, everybody!
English is not my native language, so please excuse me if I sometimes might appear a bit harsh or if I make a spelling or grammar mistake!
Zephyris
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Zephyris »

NukeBuster wrote:But one thing I notice is that the water when zoomed out is almost blinking. It goes from a darker blue to a white(or very light blue) every second. This isn't a very peasefull sight.
Unavoidable I'm afraid, the same happens with the original graphics, but slightly less noticeably...
NukeBuster wrote:Secondly when zoomed in on large segments of water It's not really comfortable looking at it. This maybe because of my lcd screen but it's not the most pleasant sight.
It is because it is so repetitive, but you could say this about any open space with sprite graphics! Water is a very tough thing to tackle and I think lepkka's done an excellent job...

Re: Red*Star
Mmmmmm :)

Re: Connum
Fair enough, just post them when they are done!
Mchl
Director
Director

Post by Mchl »

I was wondering... Do OpenGFX maglev and monorail tracks have (visible) track reservation overlay (for PBS etc)?
Pingaware
Director
Director

Post by Pingaware »

Red*Star: Your stuff is just too damn good. :bow: Hurry up and get a release!
Red*Star
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Red*Star »

Zephyris wrote: Re: Red*Star
[...] Remember to use the new water!
Oh, yes. Nearly forgot that ... :roll:

athanasios wrote:Amazing docks. I wouldn't think of anything better.
Since a differently colored ground (grey with a few green dots) is used in newer versions of Industrial Renewal Stations, shouldn't we follow that?

regards
athanasios
Zephyris wrote: Re: Red*Star
Mmmmmm :)
Pingaware wrote:Red*Star: Your stuff is just too damn good. :bow: Hurry up and get a release!
Thx guys :D

@athanasios: Good point. I could have copied the sprites from Sanchimaru but since I didn't want to infringe his copyright and I had no time to ask him whether I may use his gfx I made my own ground version.

@Pingaware: :oops: Makes me happy that you like it so much :]. Because I'm writing two exams in the next two weeks I expect the progress will be not that big, unfortunately.
Like sun is to the dark soil,
so is true enlightenment to the soil's friends.

N.F.S. Grundtvig
athanasios
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by athanasios »

Red*Star:
May I suggest you just replace the bluish ground pixels with grey ones?
Then they will look similar and you won't need to borrow his ground.

regards
athanasios
http://members.fortunecity.com/gamesart
"If no one is a fool I am also a fool." -The TTD maniac.

I prefer to be contacted through PMs. Thanks.
LordAzamath
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by LordAzamath »

Ok.. In effect of not letting this project die, I redrew the subsidy icon.. Comments welcome :)
Attachments
gui.png
gui.png (2.36 KiB) Viewed 9985 times
PS: And I stopped the propaganda to support Dave Worley since he got a nice new red hat now.[/color]
I know I have a BBCode error in my signature but I really cba to fix it.
Connum
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Connum »

phew... 3 hours of work, now I am tired...
Attachments
monsterofficeblock.png
monsterofficeblock.png (2.43 KiB) Viewed 1582 times
English is not my native language, so please excuse me if I sometimes might appear a bit harsh or if I make a spelling or grammar mistake!
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

Did I do this correctly?
Attachments
opengfx_house1.PNG
opengfx_house1.PNG (1.05 KiB) Viewed 9630 times
Contributor to the The 2cc Set and Dutch Trainset. Inventor of the Metro concept. Retired Graphics Artist.
Image Image
Download TT | Latest TTDPatch | OpenTTD | OpenTTDCoop | BaNaNaS: OpenTTD content system | 2048² OTTD scenario of the Netherlands
GRF Codec | GRF Crawler | GRF Maker | Usefull graphics & tools sites | NML Documentation Wiki | NFO Documentation Wiki
All my graphics are licensed under GPL. "Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else."
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

I'd like to contribute something a bit *bigger*, but quite common here in the Netherlands.
Attachments
opengfx_flat1.PNG
opengfx_flat1.PNG (17.1 KiB) Viewed 1605 times
Contributor to the The 2cc Set and Dutch Trainset. Inventor of the Metro concept. Retired Graphics Artist.
Image Image
Download TT | Latest TTDPatch | OpenTTD | OpenTTDCoop | BaNaNaS: OpenTTD content system | 2048² OTTD scenario of the Netherlands
GRF Codec | GRF Crawler | GRF Maker | Usefull graphics & tools sites | NML Documentation Wiki | NFO Documentation Wiki
All my graphics are licensed under GPL. "Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else."
DanMacK
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by DanMacK »

Nice looking flats Purno :D
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

Image Image
RMJ
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by RMJ »

Heya people, it is a very very nice piece of working you have put into this, and it is coming along nicely. Gonna be cool when this is all done one day, but one thing that does bug me is, why have you selected the pale / boring color for farm lands, imo that really making the land looks sad and way to gray and depressing :cry:

But other than that its really nice, love playing with it :bow:

and idea i had instead of the outframe that use to be black now is water, it is a nice improvement and adds some depth to the game, but it feels like you are always playing on a big island, would it be possible to have it generator or make some random grass texture out there, like the normal ones, just which you ofc cant play on, since its outside the gameworld.

//RMJ
Feel free to join my server on 90.185.50.242. its coop, meaning 1 company to dominate the whole map :) its more random and not as pro as the Openttd Coop guys.
Zephyris
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Zephyris »

You can put any tile you want out there, be it water, grass, black, white etc. You can't, however, have any terrain, making water or plain colour the only sensible options.
Zephyris
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Zephyris »

Hmmm, seems quiet round here...
Attachments
Terraced Houses.png
Terraced Houses.png (23.41 KiB) Viewed 6573 times
yorick
Engineer
Engineer

Post by yorick »

Zephyris wrote:Hmmm, seems quiet round here...
I guess that's because LordAzamath wasn't here the past week. :)

Return to “Graphics Development”