Dutch Trainset v2.0

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

Which DMU do you find better looking

Poll ended at 06 Feb 2013 11:59

DE-III (plan U): http://nl.wikipedia.org/wiki/Plan_U
38%
DE-IV (Ram): http://www.stichtingtee.nl/nl/trein/geschiedenis
63%

Total votes: 24

lobster
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Dutch Trainset Development Thread / Alpha release pending

Post by lobster »

i'd vote for that as well. it's time to show the world some balls. some... dutch balls. :wink:
"Your mother was a lobster, and your father... was also a lobster" -- The rascal formerly known as astath -- Last.fm -- Official TT-Dave Worley Fan Club

<orudge> make love to me while I surf, dear lobster
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

lobster wrote:i'd vote for that as well. it's time to show the world some balls. some... dutch balls. :wink:
And some trains...
Contributor to the The 2cc Set and Dutch Trainset. Inventor of the Metro concept. Retired Graphics Artist.
Image Image
Download TT | Latest TTDPatch | OpenTTD | OpenTTDCoop | BaNaNaS: OpenTTD content system | 2048² OTTD scenario of the Netherlands
GRF Codec | GRF Crawler | GRF Maker | Usefull graphics & tools sites | NML Documentation Wiki | NFO Documentation Wiki
All my graphics are licensed under GPL. "Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else."
lobster
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by lobster »

ah yes, that too.
"Your mother was a lobster, and your father... was also a lobster" -- The rascal formerly known as astath -- Last.fm -- Official TT-Dave Worley Fan Club

STT Transport
Chairman
Chairman

Post by STT Transport »

It's realy cool :wink:
I want to play with the set :mrgreen: but pitty i can't :cry: (i play ottd :roll: )
Keep it up the good work guy's :!:
"A million years into the sky is Ra, Sun God. Sealed and buried for all time, his Stargate."
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

STT Transport wrote:(i play ottd :roll: )
So? OpenTTD supports newGRFs too.
Contributor to the The 2cc Set and Dutch Trainset. Inventor of the Metro concept. Retired Graphics Artist.
Image Image
Download TT | Latest TTDPatch | OpenTTD | OpenTTDCoop | BaNaNaS: OpenTTD content system | 2048² OTTD scenario of the Netherlands
GRF Codec | GRF Crawler | GRF Maker | Usefull graphics & tools sites | NML Documentation Wiki | NFO Documentation Wiki
All my graphics are licensed under GPL. "Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else."
STT Transport
Chairman
Chairman

Post by STT Transport »

Purno wrote:
STT Transport wrote:(i play ottd :roll: )
So? OpenTTD supports newGRFs too.
Hmmm,
I see just see only 4 type's :cry:
Attachments
The 4 type's
The 4 type's
STT Transport, 28 Nov 2000.png (75.49 KiB) Viewed 332 times
Last edited by STT Transport on 25 Feb 2008 18:31, edited 1 time in total.
"A million years into the sky is Ra, Sun God. Sealed and buried for all time, his Stargate."
Ameecher
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Ameecher »

STT Transport wrote:Hmmm,
I see just see only 3 type's :cry: (i will post a screenshot)
That's because you are using the ancient pre-release. The Dutch set as you see it in screenshots recently has not been released. There is nothing wrong with OTTD whatsoever.
STT Transport
Chairman
Chairman

Post by STT Transport »

Ameecher wrote: That's because you are using the ancient pre-release. The Dutch set as you see it in screenshots recently has not been released. There is nothing wrong with OTTD whatsoever.
So the 4 trains what i see is normal :?:

EDIT:
I've just read that the pre-release had 4 trains.
So sorry for the questions, it was my bad :oops: :oops:
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

The pre-release isn't really a good impression of how this set eventually will be ;) it'll be way better.
Image Image
Hoontje
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Hoontje »

Paffy Duck wrote:Dunno... For the Engines (not the MUs) no Ending Year has been added to the Infosheet... Lifetimes have been set, but no year where they really get out of service... But, as far as I know, some of those Engines (like the 1200) are still in use, only not by NS, but for example by Vos Logistics when I'm right. Also, lot of Engines are now used by Railion, but those liveries are already in the Limited Edition, which is not released yet.

But, aligning is making progress... I should say, if the Team agrees, that we get an Alpha out as soon as the alignment has been done. I think this would be somewhere in March that I'd be ready with aligning (and probably some sprite replacements)

Those Sprite Replacements and my suggestions above can also be implemented in a second Alpha (or perhaps a Beta) IMO...
Hi guy's,

What do you mean by an 'limited edition' Paffy Duck for some liveries? Is there a special pack wich comes next to the Dutch Trainset release with special liveries or something? I think it would be awesome to just put all the liveries in 1 set, wich will than be the most complete and realistic trainset for TTD or OTTD!!!

That way you'll gain respect from everybody! By completing the set without breaking it up into pieces...

But, maybe you mean something else?!
I surely hope so!

Greetz and keep up the good work/coding/alligning! :bow: :bow:

Hoontje 8)
Oh wauw! :bow:
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

IIRC, the Limited Edition was an internally used projectname for the total recoding of the Dutch Trainset. The Limited Edition was mentioned this way by me because it was limited by my coding skills. For example all engines were Dual Headed and all MU wagons were the same. Since I gained coding skills the original Dual Headed code was replaced by something more realistically and complicated. However, the file still was called "Limited Edition" when I gave the files to Paffy, as it's basicly still the same file.

I'll promise you guys the release won't be limited ;)
Image Image
MJS
Director
Director

Post by MJS »

Hoontje, a first alpha would be superseded by a second alpha - the more elaborate version takes the place of the first. They don't mean to release different grf's side by side, don't worry.
BlueEagle_nl
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by BlueEagle_nl »

Purno, I'll send you an update in a while. All sprites (except steamers & tenders) have been aligned, and most of the cargo wagons don't need alignment (red large tanker needs alignment for \ view, and some have not been checked yet)

I've got one problem though, concerning replacing the steamer sprites. How do I add new sprites in GRFMaker? I always get an A803 error (No sprites Selected) when selecting a range (or a single) sprite. This happens under both Linux/Wine and Windows XP, so I think I do something wrong...

The DDAR-Trailer has been added already (Copy-Paste of Lines.)

In the file set, You'll find an updated GRF for both the Windows and Dos versions.
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

Paffy Duck wrote:I've got one problem though, concerning replacing the steamer sprites. How do I add new sprites in GRFMaker? I always get an A803 error (No sprites Selected) when selecting a range (or a single) sprite. This happens under both Linux/Wine and Windows XP, so I think I do something wrong...
Create a bmp file with the sprites in the right order. Rows of 8 sprites, with the top border at the same height, at least 2 pixels distance horizontally. All columns must be alligned the same at the left. Keep like at least 7 pixels distance vertically. Give the bitmap an even height and width (so multitude of 2 pixels). To be sure I used multitudes of 64.

Use the pallete converter tool in GRFMaker, import the true color bitmap and then save it in windows pallete. It now should be usable at a vehicle graphic block. Make sure to select a rail vehicle sprite set.

Let me know if this doesn't fix the problem.
Image Image
Hoontje
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Hoontje »

Purno wrote:IIRC, the Limited Edition was an internally used projectname for the total recoding of the Dutch Trainset. The Limited Edition was mentioned this way by me because it was limited by my coding skills. For example all engines were Dual Headed and all MU wagons were the same. Since I gained coding skills the original Dual Headed code was replaced by something more realistically and complicated. However, the file still was called "Limited Edition" when I gave the files to Paffy, as it's basicly still the same file.

I'll promise you guys the release won't be limited ;)

Ah ok... I didn't understand it quite well than. Thanks for the explanation and hopefully the set will soon be completed!!! :-)

Greets,

Hoontje 8)
Oh wauw! :bow:
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

We're closer to a release than ever before. :wink:
Image Image
DeletedUser21
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by DeletedUser21 »

Purno wrote:We're closer to a release than ever before. :wink:
Thats a quote from 2 years ago. :mrgreen: *j/k*.

Sorry Purno I know you do your best. :wink:
Samwise
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Samwise »

Mr. X wrote:
Purno wrote:We're closer to a release than ever before. :wink:
Thats a quote from 2 years ago. :mrgreen: *j/k*.

Sorry Purno I know you do your best. :wink:
Funny enough, Purno has always been right when he said that :P Let's say it's really, REALLY close now :D
lobster
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by lobster »

it is, indeed. i've played some proper, good-working games with the internal pre-release of some time back. except for a problem with the tenders there was nothing, and i mean nothing in the most literal sense of the word, wrong with it.

it'll be awesome, i promise you.

Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

Steamers are still a bit odd in the latest version I got. The sprites need to be updated. IIRC Paffy Duck was busy with that.
Image Image

Return to “Graphics Development”