Gonozal_VIII patchpack r12180

Forum for technical discussions regarding development. If you have a general suggestion, problem or comment, please use one of the other forums.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

Gonozal_VIII
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Gonozal_VIII patchpack r12180

Post by Gonozal_VIII »

The following patches are included:

AddCCtoInnerWallsOfRoadDepots (for [8bpp] Graphics Replacement Project - OpenGFX)
Build and Refit (filter vehicles by cargo and build them refitted)
Build Templates (Copy&Paste) (copy and paste parts of the map inside a game or from one game to another with templates)
Daylength (set the daylength up to 255 times longer with options to raise running cost or lower vehicle income and ingame time display)
Distant-join-stations (build station parts that belong to another station without touching using ctrl)
Dynamic engine pool (load huge vehicle grfs or use as many of them as you want at the same time)
Autorenew old vehicules bugfix (your old vehicles will be renewed, even if servicing is off)
Order-based full-load any/all cargo selection (select foll load all or full load any for every order additional to the global default setting)
More realistic loans system (variable interest rate and max loan is calculated based on company value)
Speed limits for Road vehicles (enables you to limit the road vehicle speed inside town and/or on two-way roads)
Extra large maps patch (you can use very long maps, up to 8k tiles)
Trains stop in the middle of too long platforms (if the platform is longer than the train, it doesn't stop at the end but in the middle)
Omit unnecessary wires on elrail (fixes some graphical glitches with electric rails)
Advanced Terraform - Drag&Draw (lets you draw lines of any shape on the map with the terraform tools)
Industry Station Names (stations placed next to industries will be named accodingly)
Supplied cargo in station placement window (displays which cargos can be recieved at a location in the station building window)
New passenger destinations (passengers have a target they want to reach and also change vehicles to get there)
Timetable based separation patch (lets you spread vehicles with shared orders evenly over the route using timetabling)
Disable Tree growth (disable tree growth in the scenario editor and/or ingame)
Terrain sprites for unmovables (draws grass/desert/snow under player owned land, lighthouses and transmitters)
YAPP - Yet Another PBS Patch (path based signalling is very intuitive, once you get the old way of placing signals out of your head and allows very efficient design)

The patch needs copypaste.grf to work.

Grfs can be found here: GRF

Old versions of the patch: Archive

Up to date version of the patches in use: Patches

r12180 built with BuildOTTD: clicky
(Thanks Forked :-))
Attachments
gonozal_patch_r12180.patch
works with BuildOTTD
(678.6 KiB) Downloaded 1594 times
Last edited by Gonozal_VIII on 07 Mar 2008 00:13, edited 25 times in total.
MJS
Director
Director

Re: Some cool patches updated and merged r12066

Post by MJS »

Nice work! Your list of patches included now links to the *.diff - maybe you could provide a link to the forum topic as well?
MJS
Director
Director

Re: Some cool patches updated and merged r12066

Post by MJS »

Sorry, I now notice that was only one of the links (the one I hadn't seen around here, so that might be the reason you linked to the *.diff...) Will you be doing these things again? That'd be great - the ChrisIN hasn't been updated for a while now, and you've chosen to include PBS, which is great. In that case, you'll quite soon be looking at a list of suggestions and wishes in this topic... which I'll open by suggesting the Distant Join patch :-).
Gonozal_VIII
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Re: Some cool patches updated and merged r12075

Post by Gonozal_VIII »

Included the distand join patch and updated to 12075. I can't say how often I will update the patch, depends on how much time i have and if i'm in the right mood. I will include other patches that I find/get suggested if I like them and I'm able to update and merge them. It could also happen, that I remove a patch because I'm not able to update it... we will see.
sickie
Engineer
Engineer

Post by sickie »

Hey, man. If you'd implement New Passenger Destinations patch, I'd worship you, I'd even build a temple for you :D. A build with pax destinations + PBS + dist.joined stations is my wet dream.
Gonozal_VIII
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Gonozal_VIII »

Sorry, I've heard too much about crashes and desyncs with that patch, I want to keep it as stable as possible so passenger destinations as they are now won't be included.

edit: Here's a version with passenger destination included... Don't click on station rating ;-) Also the configure patches window is a bit too small for all that... but it compiles and I had some busses running so have fun ;-)
Attachments
long_filename_with_passdest_r12075.patch
(439.94 KiB) Downloaded 407 times
Forked
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Forked »

File comment: should work with BuildOTTD (not tested)
long_filename_r12075.patch
It compiles just fine, but didn't try running it :)
very nice collection btw.
Gonozal_VIII
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Re: Some cool patches updated and merged r12078

Post by Gonozal_VIII »

another update, added Roujins patchpack after i found out why it didn't work in 12075
Forked
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Forked »

edit: will update gonozal and he will update his first post :)
Last edited by Forked on 08 Feb 2008 21:58, edited 2 times in total.
bokkie
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by bokkie »

Cool! Maybe it's an idea to make a new build every two weeks or so and only include patches that the authors bring up to date, that would significantly reduce your workload and therefore reduce the chance of another 'IN' 'dying'. I prefer to play with Passenger Destinations so making a build with and a build without it would be preferable to me :).
DJ Nekkid
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by DJ Nekkid »

bookie:

If he suplies a .patch (or .diff) file for a rev +- the ones with paxdest, all you need is to paste the paxdest patch at the bottom of the other patch, save as a new file and build BuildOTTD, and it might just work, sometimes it does, sometimes it dont. Ive done that with paxdest and copy/paste a number of times.
Member of the
ImageImage
PhilSophus
Chairman
Chairman

Post by PhilSophus »

First of all: Nice combination of patches.

A small note, though: The patched program currently can not load save games from trunk.

However, if you changed the following line in settings.cpp (about line 1394), it would work.
Replace 84 by 87 (the savegame version of the patched version), i.e. it should read

Code: Select all

SDT_CONDBOOL(Patches, disable_tree_growth,      87, SL_MAX_VERSION, 0, 0, false, STR_CONFIG_PATCHES_TREE_GROWTH,          NULL),
"The bigger the island of our knowledge, the longer the shore of our ignorance" - John A. Wheeler, Physicist, 1911-2008
Timitry
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Timitry »

Hey, thanks a LOT for those patches together with Pax dest... It's just great to play pax dest with yapp, really makes a great game...
i compiled with buildottd and it works fine btw, does not even crash when clicking on rating...
athanasios
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by athanasios »

I agree. Pax and yapp are my best.
http://members.fortunecity.com/gamesart
"If no one is a fool I am also a fool." -The TTD maniac.

I prefer to be contacted through PMs. Thanks.
Gonozal_VIII
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Gonozal_VIII »

updated to new version with speed limits for road vehicles, passenger destinations and daily and weekly autosave options.
Toni Babelony
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Toni Babelony »

This looks really neat! I hope one day these patches (or at least some of them) will get implemented in trunk.

Now, thanks to my über noobish skills regarding coding, could someone pretty please compile a Mac OS version? I'm running it on a 1GHZ Power PC G4 (if that is of any help) with OSX Tiger.

Thanks very much in advance! ^^
Retired JapanSet developer and creator of TIAS.
Roujin
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Roujin »

ooh, daily and weekly autosave options sounds nice, after I played a bit yesterday. PBS and daylength set to high value equals death. xD

Change some signals somewhere, boom, ooh, better load last autosave - it's only 10 days old..., *load*, dang I forgot that's worth three months in normal game time :lol:

(really happened to me :mrgreen: )

edit: but is speed limits for road vehicles optional? edit2: I guess it is, after looking in that thread.
* @Belugas wonders what is worst... a mom or a wife...
<Lakie> Well, they do the same thing but the code is different.

ImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImage
peebee
Engineer
Engineer

Re: Some cool patches updated and merged r12083

Post by peebee »

First, what a great job!

But I have a problem with the timetable-function. I've built a connection between four cities with three trains, all with the same timetable. But they are not seperated by the timetable like in the ChrisIns, they just follow ech other, so that the timetable makes no sense.

Is it just a bug or am I too stupid? :)
sickie
Engineer
Engineer

Post by sickie »

Mr. Gonozal_VIII should firstly add (and I'd like it to see it added) the recently updated Timetable based separation patch
peebee
Engineer
Engineer

Post by peebee »

Ok, that's the reason why it doesn't work correctly. Unfortunately I'm (or my computer) not able the create a version with BuildOttd, so it seems that I have to wait for it.

Return to “OpenTTD Development”