OpenGFX - Graphics Base Set

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

athanasios
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: [8bpp] Graphics Replacement Project - Revived

Post by athanasios »

Thanks to richk67's patch* here it goes:
Tropic Road Depot!
(GRF provided includes: Temperate, Arctic and Tropic Road Depot. You can get Toyland Road depot in a separate GRF from a previous post of mine in page 21.)
CC displays best with darker, less saturated colors. Sorry, can't have everything with currect CC colors system. That's the best I could do.

*If someone didn't go through previous posts: CC will not display properly with unpatched trunk.
Attachments
tr_rd_depot.png
tr_rd_depot.png (44.13 KiB) Viewed 6042 times
OpenGFX_RdDep.grf
(13.77 KiB) Downloaded 1167 times
http://members.fortunecity.com/gamesart
"If no one is a fool I am also a fool." -The TTD maniac.

I prefer to be contacted through PMs. Thanks.
richk67
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by richk67 »

mph wrote:The fences are very hard to get to line up properly. ... They also dont meet properly at corners and junctions.
Fences often dont in real life either. Many fences near me have two posts when they reach a corner. I see no problem with this. It would be a problem if there were *no* posts at a corner. Far more problematic!
OTTD NewGRF_ports. Add an airport design via newgrf.Superceded by Yexo's NewGrf Airports 2
Want to organise your trains? Try Routemarkers.
--- ==== --- === --- === ---
Firework Photography
LaDoncella
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by LaDoncella »

great work all

however I dont like the roads. They look too clean and flat.
DeletedUser5
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by DeletedUser5 »

Fixes some problems with rail fences, but still some exist.
What do you think of spark effects?
I'll try to work on farm fences and road reconstruction now.
screenshot.png
screenshot.png (34.36 KiB) Viewed 5989 times
I've also started working on white squares ( how should I call it and what should I claim on wiki? :D )
Attachments
OpenGFX_-_newInfrastructure_-_Fences_v0.7.grf
(2.26 KiB) Downloaded 1204 times
OpenGFX_-_newElectricSpark_v0.1.grf
(271 Bytes) Downloaded 1069 times
LordAzamath
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by LordAzamath »

It's GUI I guess...
I have done the gui as much as I could.. There will be more, but I'll code it before I think.
EDIT: Actually, there are GUI elements elsewhere too.. I'll do them first..
Attachments
GUI_wip.png
GUI_wip.png (9.2 KiB) Viewed 5880 times
PS: And I stopped the propaganda to support Dave Worley since he got a nice new red hat now.[/color]
I know I have a BBCode error in my signature but I really cba to fix it.
Slye_Fox
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Slye_Fox »

I think something is wrong witht he factorys somewhere.

My Sub-Tropic banks are Coal Mines (the part withthe wires)
FooBar
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by FooBar »

Soeb wrote:I've also started working on white squares ( how should I call it and what should I claim on wiki? :D )
I categorised those as GUI\selectors. So claim that. :wink:

Since the cursor has a little colour gradient in it, maybe you could apply something similar to those selectors.

[GUI Buttons]
Looking good! Way better than your first attempt!
Some minor things:
- What does the briefcase do?
- I'd like to see a lowercase letter i instead of the question mark for the land information query button.
- Try leaving a small gap between the bars of the pause button.

Note: there's also gui buttons in openttdw.grf (but I guess you know that already :wink: ). Those need to be checked if those are derived from copyrighted graphics, and if so, replaced.
LordAzamath
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by LordAzamath »

FooBar wrote:
Soeb wrote:I've also started working on white squares ( how should I call it and what should I claim on wiki? :D )
I categorised those as GUI\selectors. So claim that. :wink:

Since the cursor has a little colour gradient in it, maybe you could apply something similar to those selectors.

[GUI Buttons]
Looking good! Way better than your first attempt!
Some minor things:
- What does the briefcase do?
- I'd like to see a lowercase letter i instead of the question mark for the land information query button.
- Try leaving a small gap between the bars of the pause button.

Note: there's also gui buttons in openttdw.grf (but I guess you know that already :wink: ). Those need to be checked if those are derived from copyrighted graphics, and if so, replaced.
Briefcase is company resemblance.. there used to be that guy with black hat.. :P I might change it to info sign, and it's even not difficult, since I have the sprite for i already :P.. I'll try the pause btn.
PS: And I stopped the propaganda to support Dave Worley since he got a nice new red hat now.[/color]
FooBar
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by FooBar »

lordazamath wrote:Briefcase is company resemblance.. there used to be that guy with black hat.. :P I might change it to info sign, and it's even not difficult, since I have the sprite for i already :P.. I'll try the pause btn.
Briefcase makes sense then. I already figured it had to be that button.
Yes, please change that info button. I always hated that question mark :P

By the way, I added richk67's patch to flyspray. I'll inform you all when it's added to trunk.
LordAzamath
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by LordAzamath »

The tunnel sprites have later to be touched but this is what I have done currently.. More to come.
GUI_wip.png
GUI_wip.png (11.37 KiB) Viewed 5780 times
Edit: I was not sure how this sprite will come in, so I made a little mockup..
EDIT2: BTW anyone interested in doing the company-owner faces?
Attachments
notsure.png
notsure.png (6.04 KiB) Viewed 5753 times
Digitalfox
Chief Executive
Chief Executive
Location: Catch the Fox if you can... Almost 20 years and counting!

Post by Digitalfox »

Wheres the grf, where... :P

lordazamath where do i send the cash so i can try that GUI? :mrgreen:
LordAzamath
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by LordAzamath »

{{ :P.. Send the cash to orudge.. He made an announcment to the forums that you guys should donate :P }}

I can't make bridges GUI yet because we don't have bridges yet? Anyone on this job?
I have not touched a single byte in nfo code yet.. You have to wait.. I'll release it when I have the GUI icons (maybe excluding bridges) alltogether.. This takes a while more but not too long..
FooBar
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by FooBar »

I had a go on Soeb's rail fences. I came to the conclusion that the game has severe limitations on this here fences.

This is about the best it can get.

Question on the coding?
Why was there an action07 skipping 00 (i.e. all) in case of toyland before the action08?
Attachments
ogfx_fnce0.8.grf
OpenGFX Railway Fences V0.8
(2.3 KiB) Downloaded 1204 times
fences.png
fences.png (32.65 KiB) Viewed 5733 times
LordAzamath
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by LordAzamath »

FooBar wrote:I had a go on Soeb's rail fences. I came to the conclusion that the game has severe limitations on this here fences.

This is about the best it can get.

Question on the coding?
Why was there an action07 skipping 00 (i.e. all) in case of toyland before the action08?
Probably because Soeb didn't read the first post correctly :P
LordAzamath wrote: ANNOUNCMENT TO CODERS: Please don't forget to add Action07 to set right climate. And for num-sprites (for same Action07 las byte) don't use 00 but count the sprites needed.
It's very much easier for Zephyris to include this to infrastructure set, if the action07 is AFTER 08 and it defines the exact number of sprites being skipped not 00 as for to the end. If not, then he has to count those himself.
WWTBAM

Post by WWTBAM »

I quite licked the old bussy waiting icon. I think it was even in RCT. Thats off topic though.
Formerly known as r0b0t_b0y2003, robotboy, roboboy and beclawat. The best place to get the most recent nightly builds of TTDPatch is: http://roboboy.users.tt-forums.net/TTDPatch/nightlies/
broodje
Director
Director

Post by broodje »

Hmm, I'm not sure about the size of the arrow in the new GUI, maybe it could be made a bit smaller? and I think it should be pointing to the left top corner? it doesn't point to the square it will alter atm. Of course another solution would be to 'lower' the sprite a bit so it is below the bottom right corner of the square it will alter, but I'm not sure if that will look ok?
LordAzamath
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by LordAzamath »

The original arrows' tip is in top left corner too.. Just as these over here.. If you refer to that only picture avilable with new cursor, then it was a mockup...
broodje
Director
Director

Post by broodje »

The arrow in the original sprites does indeed point to the top right corner, but it does that sort of from the middle of the arrow sprite. The new pointer points from the bottom of the corner all the way to the top of the corner. I just wonder if the pointer isn't obstructing to much then. Maybe it isn't, but it looks bigger somehow (even though the gray block around the animation that is around the original sprites is gone now)
LordAzamath
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by LordAzamath »

Aeh, I just found out how many sprites are there more to do :(... Anyway, let me present my progress
Which one of you want of the last two sprites? And at openttdw.grf I saw that all the cloning icons, groups and stuff... I think I'll have to redo the train, bus, plane and ship afterall... and there are more little icons...
Attachments
GUI_wip.png
GUI_wip.png (18.4 KiB) Viewed 5444 times
Zephyris
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Zephyris »

The rail/monorail icons need resizing, they are wayyy too big... similarly with the station...

Attached is newLandscape v0.1, contains all trees for temperate and sub-arctic, all trees except cacti for sub-tropical and no toyland trees. I know the yellow trees are very yellow, and some trees are wonky/have holes in, the snowy ones have bad snow shading and too much snow and there are still some problems with the palm tree trunks. I overwrote my source file for the graphics by accident, and now I am depressed :(.
Attachments
OpenGFX_-_newLandscape_v0.1.grf
(173.07 KiB) Downloaded 1218 times
trees.png
trees.png (270.94 KiB) Viewed 1105 times

Return to “Graphics Development”