[OPENTTD] Africa Scenario Complex Mainlines

Post your custom scenarios here. Saved games also welcome. All Transport Tycoon games acceptable (including TTDPatch and OpenTTD).
blightzero
Engineer
Engineer

[OPENTTD] Africa Scenario Complex Mainlines

Post by blightzero »

I set out to connect the whole Africa Scenario.
First I started out using single Connections between Cities but later changed to a Mainline System spanning quite far.
Later I started growing most of the Desert-Cities.
Check it out.
Attachments
Monoline Transports, 2nd Apr 2426.sav
Africa Szenario in 2426
(1003.01 KiB) Downloaded 1318 times
doktorhonig
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: [OPENTTD] Africa Scenario Complex Mainlines

Post by doktorhonig »

Wow, that's really great. I love this scenario too. But most times I play it, I stop playing, when Turner Turbo becomes old. I don't like that futuristic stuff. :roll:
Joy
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Joy »

That looks awesome! Can't wait till i'm able to do such things.
richk67
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by richk67 »

Im really pleased to hear people still enjoy this scenario. It took about 2 weeks of 3-4 hours/day to get right - I even had to create a special patch so I could "paint" the desert edges in a random dither.

Now OTTD has newindustries, I may revisit this scenario, as I have lots of info about the countries, but was limited as to what industries I could select (standard tropical only). So, for instance, Iron Ore is a very large Zimbabwean export, but I couldnt have it. Also, South Africa has no Gold Mines!! etc.

However, I am thinking of doing the same treatment to the USA... but may wait until full all-in-one-climate support is done.
Last edited by richk67 on 25 Oct 2007 21:45, edited 1 time in total.
OTTD NewGRF_ports. Add an airport design via newgrf.Superceded by Yexo's NewGrf Airports 2
Want to organise your trains? Try Routemarkers.
--- ==== --- === --- === ---
Firework Photography
doktorhonig
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by doktorhonig »

But South Africa has diamond mines...

btw. you made that Scenario?
:bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:
You are my personal hero, Sir!

Seriously, this is by far the best scenario I've playes in my entire tycoon-career. I'm working on a greek scenario now, and I've problems with making a desert/grass mix too.. :cry:
Badger
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Badger »

Is there any pics of this?
|||| My OTTD/TTDP pics ||||Currently slighty obsessed with getting Platinum Trophies||||Retired moderator||||
richk67
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by richk67 »

doktorhonig wrote:But South Africa has diamond mines...
And some of the world's richest gold mines, coal mines, etc. Its pretty much got everything except oil, so they created SASOL from coal instead.
btw. you made that Scenario?
You are my personal hero, Sir!

Seriously, this is by far the best scenario I've playes in my entire tycoon-career.
Cool, thanks. I wanted to get it right, as a test of the heightmap import, which went on to be part of the Terragenesis work. It plays so atmospherically with the Tropical Renewal Set... Beyer Garretts steaming through South Africa and Zimbabwe :)

I did several scenarios at that time - the Grand Canyon one I particularly like (called Canyonero after a certain Simpson's episode). For a totally different kind of scenario I also did the Ganges delta one... lots of genuine Indian names for all the towns and villages - but not geographically accurate. (The extra islands are Borneo, Indonesia, and Taiwan, as they make for interesting shapes!)
I'm working on a greek scenario now, and I've problems with making a desert/grass mix too.. :cry:
Yeah, I never pushed to get that patch included, but its mighty handy - I could dither both rocks and desert, anywhere from 1:1 tile to 1 in 8 tiles. Most of the desert edges in the Africa map were done at about 1 in 4 tiles.

Another item to put on the "I really must sort that out sometime" list. ;)
OTTD NewGRF_ports. Add an airport design via newgrf.Superceded by Yexo's NewGrf Airports 2
Want to organise your trains? Try Routemarkers.
--- ==== --- === --- === ---
Firework Photography
Frankb88
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Frankb88 »

this was THE main reason i have started to try and make mainlines and complex rail networks.
I enjoyed that very much i must say, good job.
Lifes a b****... then you marry one.
Nugget_N
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Nugget_N »

Could someone please tell me where and/or how I can get this scenario. I did have it, I think it was with OTTD, but sadly, neither the game or the scenario made the transition to a new computer.
Sleepie
Director
Director

Post by Sleepie »

Nugget_N wrote:Could someone please tell me where and/or how I can get this scenario. I did have it, I think it was with OTTD, but sadly, neither the game or the scenario made the transition to a new computer.
Here you go ;-) It was released with OpenTTD 0.4.x. And welcome to the forums :))
Denke nie gedacht zu haben, denn das Denken der Gedanken ist gedankenloses Denken.
Wiki Page/Talk, Member of the OpenTTD Scenarios Team
Looking for OpenTTD scenarios? - Here's a List of player-made scenarios. Please help us grow the database with your contributions.

Return to “Scenarios and Saved Games”