OpenGFX - Graphics Base Set

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

DJ Nekkid
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: [8bpp] Graphics Replacement Project - Revived

Post by DJ Nekkid »

i actually have a slight idea on what to do about that ;) But first do i want to get the livery override to work properly :)

Code: Select all

-1 * 0 03 00 01 57 00 A0 00
-1 * 0 03 00 81 59 00 AA 00
-1 * 0 03 00 83 5A 5E 63 00 AB 00
why dont this work?
A0 on the top line is cargo ID for the engine
AA on the 2nd line is cargo ID for the PAX-wagon
AB on the 3rd line is cargo ID for express wagon
57 = Chimaera Vehicle ID
59 = Maglev PAX carriage
5A, 5E and 63 is VehID's for mail, goods and armored wagon in the maglev "range"

Attached is the whole .nfo

EDIT;
the plan worked out REALLY well :)
Attachments
8bbp-maglev.nfo
(2.46 KiB) Downloaded 159 times
Member of the
ImageImage
DaleStan
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by DaleStan »

You failed to tell it to use new graphics for any vehicles other than train 57. If you want other vehicles to use new graphics, you must set prop 12/0E/08/08 for them too.
To get a good answer, ask a Smart Question. Similarly, if you want a bug fixed, write a Useful Bug Report. No TTDPatch crashlog? Then follow directions.
Projects: NFORenum (download) | PlaneSet (Website) | grfcodec (download) | grfdebug.log parser
DJ Nekkid
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by DJ Nekkid »

ahh, thanx, i didnt think i had to put in a action 0 (-1 * 0 00 00 01 01 59 12 FD) to make the use of this, but thanx DaleStan :)

EDIT;

There is a slight change sinse v 0.2.
Removed 1 row of the roof in the _ views, as it looked a bit big compared to the other views.
Made the vertical separation lines in the darker CC-shades instead of gray/black.

Here we go then.

One action A just-replace-the-chimera-sprite-grf that will be expanded with the 3 other engines soon
One Action1-2-3-0 Livery Override for the Chimera.

ps. ATM is only the 2nd one needed since the chimera is the only engine that is drawed atm, but more will come
Attachments
OpenGFX_-_newTrains_-_maglev_v0.3.grf
Load me first
(1.58 KiB) Downloaded 1259 times
OpenGFX_-_newTrains_-_livery_addon_v0.1.grf
Load be behind the other one :)
(3 KiB) Downloaded 1099 times
Member of the
ImageImage
FooBar
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by FooBar »

Zephyris wrote: Re: FooBar
Again, really beautiful stuff!
Bugs I have noticed:
Monorail "\" (NW ---> SE) orientation single square wide station doesn't have company colour.
Removing one track from a double rail station doesn't look good, but I assume you know this one!
Both are known bugs, but thanks for reporting anyway. The first one is fixed already. The second one needs to be fixed for all station types. Apart from that, there's a bug somewhere in the \ orientation of the maglev station which also needs fixing.

I promise, there will be a release today (GMT +1). :D
FooBar
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by FooBar »

I'm pleased to announce: "OpenGFX - RailStations v1.0"!

I plan on creating an extended station set. This set will feature at least three other roof designs and will allow you to use all roof designs for all track types. Some basic platform layouts will be added as well as some stations for industrial purpose. Let's not forget matching buffers. Don't expect it to be done as quick as the ones you can download below, because I yet have to figure out how to code newstations. I'll open a new thread for that project as soon as I've got something to show.

But first: OpenGFX - RailStations v1.0
Attachments
OpenGFX_-_RailStations_v1.0.grf
(36.53 KiB) Downloaded 1545 times
stations-finished.png
stations-finished.png (26.8 KiB) Viewed 9446 times
Zephyris
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Zephyris »

Would you like to draw the bus/truck stop graphics too (drive through and normal)? It would be good to have them in the same style as the rail station...
FooBar
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by FooBar »

Yeah sure. I actually was about to ask you, because the wiki states that "Tarmac/base tiles WIP by Zephyris".

Since you worked on the roads, such base tiles would be very usefull to keep close to the style of the roads.
I'll add my name and set the status to WIP in the wiki...
Zephyris
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Zephyris »

Tbh I havnt started work on them, but I will now. If you could make sprites which fit on the original tiles that would be great, the new base tiles will be essentially the same.

*edit* and can I include your stations in newInfrastructure?
Last edited by Zephyris on 07 Jan 2008 14:26, edited 1 time in total.
Nite Owl
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Nite Owl »

Go away from the forum for a few days and upon returning find 5+ pages to read in this thread. Amazing stuff and incredible work by all concerned. My only comment is with the Monorail station. It is rather tongue in cheek since I don't play with monorails anyway but... would not the parabolic/concave roof have all sorts of problems retaining water/snow during a storm? Keep up the great work. What are you down to now - only 5700 more sprites to go?
Humor is the second most subjective thing on the planet
------------------------------------------------------------
Brevity is the soul of wit and obscenity is its downfall
--------------------------------------------------------
Good Night And Good Luck - Read You Soon
Mchl
Director
Director

Post by Mchl »

Nite Owl wrote: My only comment is with the Monorail station. It is rather tongue in cheek since I don't play with monorails anyway but... would not the parabolic/concave roof have all sorts of problems retaining water/snow during a storm?
The roof is heated to prevent snow/ice buildup, and there are rain gutters along the bottommost part of it (You can't see them? Now that's technology!)
FooBar
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by FooBar »

Nite Owl wrote:My only comment is with the Monorail station. It is rather tongue in cheek since I don't play with monorails anyway but... would not the parabolic/concave roof have all sorts of problems retaining water/snow during a storm?
Have you ever seen it raining (or snowing, for that matter) in TTD? :P

You can follow progress at the wiki page. It might be interesting to add the number of sprites to each entry...
DaleStan
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by DaleStan »

I've seen concave roofs in real life, so obviously they must work somehow.
To get a good answer, ask a Smart Question. Similarly, if you want a bug fixed, write a Useful Bug Report. No TTDPatch crashlog? Then follow directions.
Projects: NFORenum (download) | PlaneSet (Website) | grfcodec (download) | grfdebug.log parser
Zephyris
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Zephyris »

OpenGFX - newInfrastructure v0.2
Included:
Rail; track (temperate, sub-arctic, sub-tropical), tunnels, level crossings, stations.
Monorail; track (temperate, sub-arctic, sub-tropical), tunnels, level crossings, stations.
Maglev; track (temperate, sub-arctic, sub-tropical), tunnels, level crossings, stations.
Road; road (temperate, sub-arctic, sub-tropical), tunnels, depot.
Water; depot
Air; none
926 sprites!

Graphics ready and awaiting inclusion:
Rail fences
Modern airport base tiles

Known bugs:
Level crossing lights do not flash
Alignment of NW maglev tunnel entrance in temperate

Credit:
Road and rail by Richard Wheeler (Zephyris). Rail stations by FooBar. Road depot by Johannes Aasmae (LordAzamath), tweaks by Arthur Pallas (athanasios), coded by buttercup. Ship depot by Red*Star, coded by LordAzamath.
Attachments
OpenGFX_-_newInfrastructure_v0.2.png
OpenGFX_-_newInfrastructure_v0.2.png (131.48 KiB) Viewed 6894 times
OpenGFX_-_newInfrastructure_v0.2.grf
(668.54 KiB) Downloaded 1698 times
rbenevid
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by rbenevid »

Those stations rock! Wouldn't you be interest in releasing a normal rail version (standalone, not for this project)
for the maglev/monorail stations? I never use monorail/maglev and would love to use the stations.

anyway, incredible work so far, guys
lepkka
Engineer
Engineer

Post by lepkka »

MrMox wrote:
w0lv3n wrote: 3. Dont know if others have encountered this, but the shores atm still not 100% in latest nightly?
Just to confirm, I have the same problem with r11740 and no other grf's loaded except the terrain one.
Zephyris wrote: Re:w0lv3n and MrMox
3. New shores may or may not be in the nightlies, but newTerrain only replaces the shore tiles from the original graphics. I can provide all the new shore tiles for the extended shoreline if you feel like coding them
I've coded it, but the complete shoreline still not working yet. (r11746)
so let's wait.
Ben_K
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Ben_K »

Great work again chaps.
Once thing Ive noticed on that last screenshot... the tunnels for monorail are very dark inside. They need a bit more texture, inside and outside a little too.
FooBar
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by FooBar »

rbenevid wrote:Those stations rock! Wouldn't you be interest in releasing a normal rail version (standalone, not for this project)
for the maglev/monorail stations? I never use monorail/maglev and would love to use the stations.
Thanks!

I will release a standalone set of the stations at some point in time. I just opened a new topic for it.

EDIT:
How's this for a bus station?
Attachments
bus-station.png
bus-station.png (2.11 KiB) Viewed 6642 times
LordAzamath
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by LordAzamath »

This bus station is good..It's really good. You just have to take care that the road would blend nicely with Zephyris' roads..

As you guys didn't like my last try on rail depot, I made a new one.. I'll code it myself, but I'd like to hear some comments first because then I don't have to start reencoding and stuff... This I hope will be subject to tweaking again later if needed too I hope :) I admitthe shading of roof needs touching, but I'm not in amood to do it myself...
Attachments
Thanks to 7of9 for the ideas of blue stripes as rulers :)
Thanks to 7of9 for the ideas of blue stripes as rulers :)
rail_depot.png (5.22 KiB) Viewed 6625 times
PS: And I stopped the propaganda to support Dave Worley since he got a nice new red hat now.[/color]
I know I have a BBCode error in my signature but I really cba to fix it.
Zephyris
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Zephyris »

I like the bus station a lot, though may be a bit modern for the early stages in the game... Lordazamath, I am making the base tiles so don't worry about blending with the road...

Re: Ben_K
I don't really like the tunnels myself, but they are about the best I can do. Feel free to modify them!
FooBar
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by FooBar »

lordazamath wrote:I'd like to hear some comments
I like that depot, but I would like to see the roof a bit darker. I really have to see it on the terrain to be able to give an honest opinion.

I'm glad you like my bus station. I'll try and do a less modern version. Too bad we can't have it change in time...
I forgot to mention: the current base tile is the TTD default. I used it to give an impression of how it will look. Zephyris' base tiles will be added later to make it complete.

EDIT:
Can we have Action07 in the final GRF? That way the bus station can change in time; at least...sort of, since you have to reload the game.

Return to “Graphics Development”