OpenGFX - Graphics Base Set

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

buttercup
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Re: [8bpp] Graphics Replacement Project - Revived

Post by buttercup »

Ben_K wrote:Buttercup, I really like your fences. Will you submit a set into the GRF? :D
Of course, here you go...
woodenposts.grf
(1.69 KiB) Downloaded 1152 times
Edit: Somewhat presumptuous of me to call them OpenGFX - newFences, so I've renamed and re-uploaded them (otherwise they're the same).
Last edited by buttercup on 05 Jan 2008 23:42, edited 1 time in total.
LordAzamath
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by LordAzamath »

I made a list of links to the second post..Might want to check it out :)
PS: And I stopped the propaganda to support Dave Worley since he got a nice new red hat now.[/color]
I know I have a BBCode error in my signature but I really cba to fix it.
Digitalfox
Chief Executive
Chief Executive
Location: Catch the Fox if you can... Almost 20 years and counting!

Post by Digitalfox »

Wookie wrote:For me, the diagonal sprite of this Maglev is quite odd... and it looks different than the horizontal one...

And here's completed font. It lacks some symbols like the Yen (crossed Y). I have added the tram symbol-it will surely be necessary in future ;). I would like to do the language-specific letters also (like the Polish ą,ę,ć,ó,ł,ż) for every language (maybe except Chinese and Japanese ;) ), but first I have to find coder or somebody must tell me how to code the font.

I would also like how do know how you like it :)-blue one is old OTTD font, green is mine and yellow is an alternative font project (maybe I will finish it also).
Looks good :)

Hope someone has time to code it :!:
LordAzamath
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by LordAzamath »

Wookie wrote:For me, the diagonal sprite of this Maglev is quite odd... and it looks different than the horizontal one...

And here's completed font. It lacks some symbols like the Yen (crossed Y). I have added the tram symbol-it will surely be necessary in future ;). I would like to do the language-specific letters also (like the Polish ą,ę,ć,ó,ł,ż) for every language (maybe except Chinese and Japanese ;) ), but first I have to find coder or somebody must tell me how to code the font.

I would also like how do know how you like it :)-blue one is old OTTD font, green is mine and yellow is an alternative font project (maybe I will finish it also).
Actually...Is the font such thing...I mean you can just take any free font avilable for any use and use it..There is not much sense to change ' mark to ´ just to avoid copyright issues...etc. You can't actually copyright two black pixels going up&down can you?
PS: And I stopped the propaganda to support Dave Worley since he got a nice new red hat now.[/color]
FooBar
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by FooBar »

Mr. X wrote:However if I may make one little suggestion, would it be possible to modernize the railway stationbuilding when time advances?
That is unfortunately not possible in the replacement set, since the set will only replace graphics without adding new functionality.
It might be possible to have such a functionality in the extended version though. I plan on drawing different station designs anyway, so yes, there will be an extended version.

@Wookie:
That new font is really nice! At first I tought that it didn't really went with the flow of the original game, but the longer I look at it, the more I appreciate it. Very well done! About coding it: you should check the NewGRF Specification, in particular Action A.
On a sidenote: you should reconsider the captial M and N: those don't seem upper case to me, but more like enlarged lower case letters. The capital M doesn't have a middle leg, and the N has this diagonal thing.
While you're at it, you might as well try and see how the Z looks with a little less fat diagonal bar.
Killer 11
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Killer 11 »

Erm i don't remember being digital fox and i'd like to ask that you to fix the trg1r entry by adding my name to it as I released it.
Thanks
Digitalfox
Chief Executive
Chief Executive
Location: Catch the Fox if you can... Almost 20 years and counting!

Post by Digitalfox »

Killer 11 wrote:Erm i don't remember being digital fox and i'd like to ask that you to fix the trg1r entry by adding my name to it as I released it.
Thanks
Nor do i remember being a killer :lol:
athanasios
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by athanasios »

I won't say much as I am drawing.

Fonts look nice. Mind only that the small ones aren't very small. Caution on the V not to confuse with U in the alternative set.

Zephyris: Your tropical buildngs look very much like original. Bravo!

About sun: I and many others prefer East, others South-East. That is why Zephyris said about E-SE.

About extra graphics: Why not? OTTD already has its own graphics. OK most efford goes for the basic ones but if someone feels to do something he is welcome. E.G: Currently there are no default graphics for trams. I suppose some have to be used in a default grf.

About the fence: Nice work but to my opinion the best ever is by MPH. Why not ask him for a licence and use Soeb's & buttercup's in Toyland or keep them for Narrow Gauge? Also it is useful to check his thread as some issues arose with positioning the sprites, and they are discussed there.

FooBar: I like the B station platform. Yep I know the line is for safety reasons there. In our metro it is red. If not for B I 'd go for another color but not a saturated one. About the roof: maybe darken 2 or 3 pixels. Not more.
Attachments
fence_screenshot.png
fence_screenshot.png (8.71 KiB) Viewed 4804 times
station_roof.png
station_roof.png (5.4 KiB) Viewed 4787 times
http://members.fortunecity.com/gamesart
"If no one is a fool I am also a fool." -The TTD maniac.

I prefer to be contacted through PMs. Thanks.
LordAzamath
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by LordAzamath »

Digitalfox wrote:
Killer 11 wrote:Erm i don't remember being digital fox and i'd like to ask that you to fix the trg1r entry by adding my name to it as I released it.
Thanks
Nor do i remember being a killer :lol:
Erm i don't remember being digital fox and i'd like to ask that you to fix the trg1r entry by adding my name to it as I released it.
Thanks
Sorry :oops: :oops: ...I was tired last night and some things got confused :D
athanasios
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by athanasios »

Toyland Road Depot! :mrgreen:

GRF next day. ;(
Attachments
ToyDepot.png
ToyDepot.png (20.09 KiB) Viewed 4950 times
http://members.fortunecity.com/gamesart
"If no one is a fool I am also a fool." -The TTD maniac.

I prefer to be contacted through PMs. Thanks.
LordAzamath
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by LordAzamath »

Actually, I think that most of things need action 7 so they wouldn't be in other climates...Like I noticed the coal mine in Athanasios' Toyland screenshot etc...

Edit: Athanasios: Very nice looking Depot :bow:

EDIT: I added Template:Claimed to wiki, so if you want to do something but are not doing it atm you might claim a sprite or two..Just be sure you finish your claimings..

Code: Select all

{{Claimed}}
Lord
FooBar
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by FooBar »

athanasios wrote:About the roof: maybe darken 2 or 3 pixels. Not more.
Alright, that's clear now. And I have to agree with you. Either the left side is too dark, or the right too light. Will be fixed :wink:
athanasios wrote:I like the B station platform. Yep I know the line is for safety reasons there. In our metro it is red. If not for B I 'd go for another color but not a saturated one.
I personally still like A better. I'll stick to that for now. When all roofs are finished, I'll make a B version. We can then have a poll or something to see what final version is better.

I currently have six different roof designs in mind, and I'm going to draw all of them. So yes, there's going to be an extended station GRF :D
Apart from the six roof designs, I'll add some features like an underpass, some alternative platform layouts and the like. There will also be a generic industrial station.
Ben_K
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Ben_K »

athanasios wrote:Toyland Road Depot!
Nice work Athansios! However, surely you want the floor of the depot to have the grooves for the vehicles to run in? A simple fix, just copy part of a road sprite in. :)
Zephyris
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Zephyris »

I havn't made toyland roads yet, so waiting may be prudent...
FooBar
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by FooBar »

(looks up definition of 'prudent'...)

Anyways, I didn't know drawing would take so much time. I spend half of my afternoon and I'm still not finished with the first station roof. Don't expect the stations to be finished soon...
But they will be finished eventually :D
mph
Engineer
Engineer

Post by mph »

You are free to use my fences, but as i understand it, the graphics replacement project should sort of keep with the style of the original ttd graphics. Since some might not like my fences i think its probably best to keep them as a seperate grf. I dont know what others think. Further, i will incorporate the fences into my upcoming British Stations Set so they will be a little easier to use maybe.
previously known as daylight
Mchl
Director
Director

Post by Mchl »

I've been reading project's checklist on wiki, and noticed that there are waypoints on it. Correct me if I'm wrong, but these are not original TTD(X) graphics, so the don't exactly need to be replaced, do they?
Acerbus
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Acerbus »

They are in the style of the original ttdx graphics, so I do think they should be at least slightly modified.
FooBar
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by FooBar »

Mchl wrote:I've been reading project's checklist on wiki, and noticed that there are waypoints on it. Correct me if I'm wrong, but these are not original TTD(X) graphics, so the don't exactly need to be replaced, do they?
No, you're not wrong :D
And they don't need to get replaced. We're currently only replacing sprites from trg[x]r.grf. Waypoints aren't in there. We could include additional waypoints in an 'extended' grf, if someone will draw them.
Zephyris
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Zephyris »

Any graphics which have done a copy/paste of textures etc. from the original graphics cannot be used. The canal and drive through bus stops are obvious examples - and presumably the way points are too.

Return to “Graphics Development”