TTDVehs in 2cc [dev]

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

Should the silver banner in the SH125 get 2CC'd?

Yes, make the silver banner the second CC.
58%
No, just draw the second CC as a line above the silver banner.
17%
No, make the front of the coaches the primary CC and the rear the second CC.
8%
No, 'wave' the second CC over the primary part.
17%
No, don't use 2cc at all
No votes

Total votes: 12

BlueEagle_nl
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

TTDVehs in 2cc [dev]

Post by BlueEagle_nl »

TTDVehs in 2CC

This set enables you to use the original TTD Vehicles in 2CC.

FIRST RELEASE AVAILABLE AS OF TODAY, December 12, 2007
The first release contains:
* A livery override for the SH 125
* The Passenger Coach in 2CC

Download:
ttd2ccw.grf
First Release containing Livery Override for SH 125 (Passenger Only) and Passenger Coach in 2cc for all other locs (rail only)
(3.48 KiB) Downloaded 143 times
=Original Message=
Hi,

I'm currently trying to get the original ttd graphics in 2cc by altering the original grf. But, after setting the right colors (those with id 80-87, that green tint) and compiling the new GRF, openTTD still doesn't give me the opportunity to change the second company color.

What do I have to do to get 2cc enabled and have openTTD really transform that green tint to the 2cc color?

Thanx
Last edited by BlueEagle_nl on 17 Dec 2007 10:00, edited 2 times in total.
DaleStan
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Re: Needing help transforming trg*.grf files to 2cc

Post by DaleStan »

You have to set bit 1 of the miscellaneous flags property. Meaning you have to use newgrf.
To get a good answer, ask a Smart Question. Similarly, if you want a bug fixed, write a Useful Bug Report. No TTDPatch crashlog? Then follow directions.
Projects: NFORenum (download) | PlaneSet (Website) | grfcodec (download) | grfdebug.log parser
BlueEagle_nl
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by BlueEagle_nl »

that means I also have to get the graphics out of the original files and create my own set? Isn't it possible to set that bit for the original GRF-files? That's actually what i'm trying at the moment...

I'm not kinda good in coding the nfo-files and I don't know if there are linux tools to help me with it (is GRFMaker Linux Compatible?), but with the documentation at the Wiki I think I'll get far enough...
DaleStan
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by DaleStan »

Paffy Duck wrote:that means I also have to get the graphics out of the original files and create my own set? Isn't it possible to set that bit for the original GRF-files?
Yes and no. Either way you have to set the bit in a newgrf, and if you want that newgrf to be useful to other people, you have to distribute the graphics too, which also must be done with newgrf. You can, however, fail to set new graphics for a vehicle, in which case it'll use the graphics found in trg*.grf.
Paffy Duck wrote:(is GRFMaker Linux Compatible?)
It might run under wine. It's written in a dialect of Pascal that I believe is not readily source-portable to Linux, though.
To get a good answer, ask a Smart Question. Similarly, if you want a bug fixed, write a Useful Bug Report. No TTDPatch crashlog? Then follow directions.
Projects: NFORenum (download) | PlaneSet (Website) | grfcodec (download) | grfdebug.log parser
BlueEagle_nl
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by BlueEagle_nl »

thanx for the info, I'll see what I can do.

I think it'll be newGRFs then... that is easier I think...

Can I find the original vehicle information somewhere, or is this already hard-coded in the game and can I leave it out of the new grf? I Can't get any info for the vehicles from the .nfo-files, except which sprite is located where.
belugas
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by belugas »

Paffy Duck wrote:Can I find the original vehicle information somewhere, or is this already hard-coded in the game and can I leave it out of the new grf? I Can't get any info for the vehicles from the .nfo-files, except which sprite is located where.
This is the Mother Of All NewGRF Informations.
Have fun reading it :)
If you are not ready to work a bit for your ideas, it means they don't count much for you.
OpenTTD and Realism? Well... Here are a few thoughs on the matter.
He he he he
------------------------------------------------------------
Music from the Bloody Time Zones
DaleStan
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by DaleStan »

But the mother of all newgrf informations does not contain the stats for the default vehicles. Those are hard-coded.
belugas
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by belugas »

Ho.. right...
I guess i'm a bit too much involved in houses/Industries specs, which do have default values available.
Well.. one can dig in the sources of OpenTTD, if one can understand how the data is organized.
If you are not ready to work a bit for your ideas, it means they don't count much for you.
OpenTTD and Realism? Well... Here are a few thoughs on the matter.
He he he he
------------------------------------------------------------
Music from the Bloody Time Zones
BigBB
Engineer
Engineer

Post by BigBB »

belugas wrote:Ho.. right...
I guess i'm a bit too much involved in houses/Industries specs, which do have default values available.
Well.. one can dig in the sources of OpenTTD, if one can understand how the data is organized.
Or you go to the Mother Of All OpenTTD Informations or exactly: the manual page

Regards,
BigBB
OpenTTD-patch(es) in development: missing shores (new version of: completely shore), road lamps for each position
BlueEagle_nl
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by BlueEagle_nl »

belugas wrote:
Paffy Duck wrote:Can I find the original vehicle information somewhere, or is this already hard-coded in the game and can I leave it out of the new grf? I Can't get any info for the vehicles from the .nfo-files, except which sprite is located where.
This is the Mother Of All NewGRF Informations.
Have fun reading it :)
I downloaded it already, and am studying it. But I just noticed after decoding trg1r.grf there are NO pseudosprites at all in the file...
DaleStan wrote:But the mother of all newgrf informations does not contain the stats for the default vehicles. Those are hard-coded.
Then I think I won't set the Vehicle Information, but just activate Bit 1 of the Misc Flag, and assign the new GRF's...
Rubidium
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by Rubidium »

That's because those GRFs were made long long before even the concept of NewGRF and pseudosprites was born.
athanasios
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by athanasios »

I thought there existed a kind of 'pseudosprites' in TTD. Sorry I am not a coder and maybe I am wrong. DaleStan?
http://members.fortunecity.com/gamesart
"If no one is a fool I am also a fool." -The TTD maniac.

I prefer to be contacted through PMs. Thanks.
Maedhros
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by Maedhros »

There are two things that I know of that aren't sprites in the sense of being images shown in the game - recolour sprites (that provide company colours, transparency, etc.), and sprites used by the original land generator for some purpose that's never been entirely clear to me.
No-one's more important than the earthworm.
DaleStan
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by DaleStan »

Maedhros is correct. The only pseudosprites in the original graphics are the recolor tables.

The ten or so landscape-generator sprites are pretty obvious (especially in the Windows version, where they're almost entirely blue and pink) and are no longer obeyed by Open; they describe non-random landshapes to apply after the generator has made the generic landscape.
athanasios
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by athanasios »

Thanks for clarification. :)
http://members.fortunecity.com/gamesart
"If no one is a fool I am also a fool." -The TTD maniac.

I prefer to be contacted through PMs. Thanks.
BlueEagle_nl
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by BlueEagle_nl »

Could a MOD rename this topic to "TTDVehs in 2cc [dev]"? The set is currently in development, I only have one small problem...

I have coded the train wagon sprites, but for all wagons, except the Passenger Wagon, other sprites (read: train (locomotive) sprites) are used.
When I decode the set through grfcodec, the right wagon sprites are shown in the file. What could be wrong?
I have coded the file like:
First, the Action 0 defining all vehicles using new graphics and 2cc
Second, the sprite blocks which use the Actions 1, 2 and 3.
and more and more sprite blocks...
Maedhros
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by Maedhros »

It's hard to tell what might be wrong without being able to see the nfo. ;-)
No-one's more important than the earthworm.
LordAzamath
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by LordAzamath »

Paffy Duck wrote:Could a MOD rename this topic to "TTDVehs in 2cc [dev]"? The set is currently in development, I only have one small problem...
You can do it by yourself too...Just change the subject of the first post
PS: And I stopped the propaganda to support Dave Worley since he got a nice new red hat now.[/color]
I know I have a BBCode error in my signature but I really cba to fix it.
BlueEagle_nl
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by BlueEagle_nl »

lordazamath wrote:
Paffy Duck wrote:Could a MOD rename this topic to "TTDVehs in 2cc [dev]"? The set is currently in development, I only have one small problem...
You can do it by yourself too...Just change the subject of the first post
Thanx, I just thought I couldn't edit my own posts (even not the first one of a topic) after someone replied to it... That's why I asked.

EDIT:
I made some progress in getting the train vehicles in 2CC. The Wagons are coded correctly now (no more glitches as mentioned above) and the Passenger, Mail and Coal wagons all have 2cc applied. Screenshot follows.
Zephyris
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: TTDVehs in 2cc [dev]

Post by Zephyris »

Are you reusing and recolouring existing graphics, or are you redrawing the original graphics? Besides being slightly copyright controversial you might find the attached sprites useful, I'm not going to use them...
Attachments
Licence = GFDL, Creative Commons 2, or similar.
Licence = GFDL, Creative Commons 2, or similar.
TrainSprites.png (39.99 KiB) Viewed 397 times

Return to “Graphics Development”