2 questions

Get help, info, news and advice about the Transport Tycoon Deluxe patch.

Moderator: TTDPatch Moderators

p-mo
Engineer
Engineer

2 questions

Post by p-mo »

Hey

Im new the ttd patch and having a few problems getting some things to work.

First off I can't get the autoslope function to work. I changed the config file to autoslope on and with the 1 setting yet when I try to lower train tracks a red box pops up saying I can't. To lower foundations are you supposed to use the lower landscape tool or is there another button?

Secondly when I click on the little train icon on the toolbar to see the status of my trains I get an empty box, this is the same for my road vehicles as well. I have the ukrs and hovs buses grfs installed and currently using the alpha patch from a few nights ago (1787).

If anyone could please help me with these problems I would be most appreciated.

Thanks
Rob
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: 2 questions

Post by Rob »

It would help to post your game and your ttdpatch.cfg as well as the newgrf.cfg file.
Wie zich gelukkig voelt met het geluk van anderen, bezit een rijkdom zonder grenzen. (F.Daels)
Still the best OS around
aahz77
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by aahz77 »

Mr. p-mo,

welcome to the forums!

Regarding your problem:
p-mo wrote:when I try to lower train tracks a red box pops up saying I can't.
Could you provide a screenshot with an example? It would be quite helpful to see whether it is possible at all to lower the tile you try to lower. For example, the tile with the railtracks in the following screenshot can not be lowered any further:
SCR3.png
SCR3.png (3.45 KiB) Viewed 4456 times
p-mo wrote:To lower foundations are you supposed to use the lower landscape tool or is there another button?
At first glance, yes, you do, and no, there is no other button (except for the raise landscape tool, as autoslope supports that too). But what exactly do you mean by "To lower foundations"?
One after one, by the star-dogged Moon,
Too quick for groan or sigh,
Each turned his face with a ghastly pang,
And cursed me with his eye.

-- Samuel T. Coleridge, The Rime of the Ancient Mariner
p-mo
Engineer
Engineer

Post by p-mo »

Basically I was reading raechase's network guide and noticed that he lowered his stations to be the same level as the rest of his train line. When I use the lower terrain tool it only comes up with the little white dot and therefore only lowers corners of each square and not the entire square. Here and my cfg files. Any help would be much appreciated.

Also can anyone help me with my trains not appearing in my view trains window.
Attachments
newgrfw.cfg
(460 Bytes) Downloaded 148 times
ttdpatch.cfg
(4.12 KiB) Downloaded 156 times
eis_os
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by eis_os »

Autoslope doesn't allow to change the altitude of structures, it let you allow to change the landscape in a way so the structures are still the same. (You can destroy the station (or parts with irregular station) and rebuild it.

Your config file shows:
autoslope=on 1

This is invalid, you can only have on or 1.
TTDPatch dev in retirement ... Search a grf, try Grf Crawler 0.9 - now with even faster details view and new features...
Dropzone
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Dropzone »

p-mo wrote:Also can anyone help me with my trains not appearing in my view trains window.
You need to turn the "sortvehlist" switch on, it should fix that problem (see this thread).
p-mo
Engineer
Engineer

Post by p-mo »

Thanks for all your help. I must have misunderstood the autoslope function. I thought it gave you the ability to lower buildings or structures.

Also thanks for helping me with the train window problem it now works.

Return to “General TTDPatch”