pikkarail industries set

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

2007Alain2007
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

pikkarail industries set

Post by 2007Alain2007 »

is there a way to take off the stock pile part off the industries so they work like the old ones i tryed playing with the stock pile on and i find it to hard to play now :( but i so want to be able to play with the new industries please i been told its some thing in the codeing but i anit that good with that i just like playing the games
For Community Integrated Version http://code.google.com/p/civopenttd/
PaulC
Director
Director

Re: pikkarail industries set

Post by PaulC »

2007Alain2007 wrote:is there a way to take off the stock pile part off the industries so they work like the old ones i tryed playing with the stock pile on and i find it to hard to play now :( but i so want to be able to play with the new industries please i been told its some thing in the codeing but i anit that good with that i just like playing the games
Unless you specifically want to use Pikka's industries, wouldn't it just be easier to use a few sets that don't have the stockpile feature?
2007Alain2007
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by 2007Alain2007 »

Belive me i can not i play games with numbers and figer becuse thats what i am good at doing
2007Alain2007
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by 2007Alain2007 »

i would realy like to us thePikka's industries set becuse so far every thing esle looks real neat and well done that i have got from it :) unless there is some other UK ones
Carlo Ghega
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Carlo Ghega »

Hi there Alain! :)

Did some short reaserch to help you, but as far as I see, there is no easy solution in sight for your request - as I don't think that there is already a parameter set to switch off the stockpiling neither in Pikka's Basic Industries nor in his (older) UK-Renewal-Industries. Also, up to my knowledge, this particular feature can't be influenced via the ttdpatch.cfg-file, but may be I oversaw something or go wrong here.

So, as you already implied, and as DaleStan probably tried to communicate: Therefor you might need a coder. As this is the hardest and most needed job and nobody is getting paid for it, there are a lot of attempts to convince a handful of people of the numberless unfullfilled desires floating around in here.

What DaleStan did for the patch as developer is unquestionable outstanding, so: Yes, you might be on the right adress. But whether a coder wants to step into a new project he decides on his own as a matter of course.

What I can say is that Wallyweb suggested a parameter to switch of the stockpiling just a month ago here, and that I would appreciate it too.

If this is your first contact with new industries in ttdp you might also be interested in Michael Blunck's New-Cargo-Set or the Paper-in-Temperate-Set. They can be combined, work without stockpiling and are a very nice peace of art and real fun to play with. Both can be found here.

Hope this is helpful and pours some oil on troubled water. And, no I don't think, that the lack of the ability to get ones ideas across is real fun.

Best regards,

Carlo
E pur si muove!
PaulC
Director
Director

Post by PaulC »

Carlo Ghega wrote:If this is your first contact with new industries in ttdp you might also be interested in Michael Blunck's New-Cargo-Set or the Paper-in-Temperate-Set. They can be combined, work without stockpiling and are a very nice peace of art and real fun to play with. Both can be found here.
In addition, you might also want to try the Tourist Set.
2007Alain2007
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by 2007Alain2007 »

Has any one off you got it then
Ameecher
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Ameecher »

There is no version of Pikka's Industry set without stock piling. So no, none of us have it.
2007Alain2007
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by 2007Alain2007 »

Can one of you just change the gfr for me please if it is ok with him to do so
Wile E. Coyote
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Wile E. Coyote »

2007Alain2007 wrote:Can one of you just change the gfr for me please if it is ok with him to do so
I think it's best way to obtain changed version to ask Pikka and suggest to him what you want to be changed.
Serbian rail set with Serbian scenario (ECS, PBI, FIRS and Tourist set compatible) Website | Topic and download | Latest version: 03.06.2015.
Serbian tram set Tracking table | TTD Patch tram set Latest version: 17.06.2015. | Open TTD Remix Latest version: 11.07.2015.
WIN-DOS GRF Converter Topic and download | Version 0.2.1: 09.01.2005.

Runner-up in "Best avatar Forums award" for years 2006 and 2010!
2007Alain2007
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by 2007Alain2007 »

But he is busy he said and wanted it to be harder to play for ppl can not you smart ppl just change it
richk67
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by richk67 »

Give the guy a break.

Can it be done? Yes.
Can Alain do it? No.
Can others do it? Yes.
Do others want to do it? Not really.
Do others think Alain should try to learn how to do it by reading the specs etc.? Yes.
Will he? Dont know.
Do I care? No.
OTTD NewGRF_ports. Add an airport design via newgrf.Superceded by Yexo's NewGrf Airports 2
Want to organise your trains? Try Routemarkers.
--- ==== --- === --- === ---
Firework Photography
m3henry
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by m3henry »

Alain, this is my advise:
You are asking for something that you will not be able to do and other people cannot be bothered to do because it is a step backwards.
The occasional look back at your past can teach you a great many things...
spaceman-spiff
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Post by spaceman-spiff »

Thanks to all the wannabee moderators in here, thanks for waisting 15 minutes of my life, I have removed everything to make the posts somehow relevant, I apologize to everyone who actually wanted to help
I am fed up with certain people who will receive an official warning if they keep on doing our work and only scare off dozens of new members
We have had bad spellers in the past and thanks to gentle nudging became much better
If you don't have anything constructive to add, keep out of the thread
If you only want to shower us with your so called sarcasm, keep out of the thread
If you want to b**** about bad spelling or missing punctuation, become a school teacher, those kids will probably adore you after a while :roll:

Now I will let this open in the hope :roll: that it will remain silent, idle hope I think
Well, back to work, lot's of it in the near future
Raichase
Moderizzle
Moderizzle
Location: Sydney, Australia. Usually at work in the underground railway station...

Post by Raichase »

Seconded the above comments.

richk67 is correct. It's a fair bit of work to do such a thing for one person, as everyone else regards the stockpiling as good fun and progress, so nobody really wants to spend time removing it from the grf. People are not being rude or horrible, they just don't want to commit to doing a lot of work for something they won't use - grf coding is a fair whack of work, so why commit to something that just isn't going to be enjoyed.

Again, people are not being mean or selfish or uncaring, they just don't want to take on a massive workload - everyone here has their own stuff, both online and offline to deal with.
Posted by Raichase. Visit my Flickr! Gallery, Blog (get a feed of everyone at once at Planet TT-Forums).
Raichase - Perfect timing, all the time: [13:37] * Now talking in #tycoon
ImageImage
Official TT-Dave Worley Fan Club
Official TT-Andel-in-a-pink-hat Fan Club
athanasios
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by athanasios »

Raichase wrote:... It's a fair bit of work to do such a thing for one person, as everyone else regards the stockpiling as good fun and progress,...
You are wrong here. I would also like to have that option available (parameter controlled), even though I prefer the stockpiling.

There are new comers to the game and kids. For these, it should be made easier. We should not only think of ourselves - experienced players but for noobs too.

I suggest a poll. Of course Pikka has the last word and we respect his decision.

regards
athanasios
http://members.fortunecity.com/gamesart
"If no one is a fool I am also a fool." -The TTD maniac.

I prefer to be contacted through PMs. Thanks.
2007Alain2007
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by 2007Alain2007 »

That would be a nice way of doing it to be able to turn it on and off :)

Becuse the game would be so much bigger and more enjoyable for the wider range of players out there and the noobs like me :)

I have had some one esle read this befor posting
Raichase
Moderizzle
Moderizzle
Location: Sydney, Australia. Usually at work in the underground railway station...

Post by Raichase »

athanasios wrote:
Raichase wrote:... It's a fair bit of work to do such a thing for one person, as everyone else regards the stockpiling as good fun and progress,...
You are wrong here. I would also like to have that option available (parameter controlled), even though I prefer the stockpiling.
So, you say I'm wrong in saying that everyone else regards the stockpiling as progress. I don't see thousands of people lamenting it as being a step backwards, but a step forwards instead. At no point did I say "Everyone likes stockpiling better".

Or am I wrong because I have said that altering the grf to put a parameter in is hard? I've coded GRF's, and it takes a damned lot of work and time. Happy for you, with all your coding knowledge to correct me.

I'm not wrong. There is HARDLY a flood of people moaning about the stockpiling. There is one user here who does not like it. Thats called "the exception to the rule".

Don't go around making such blunt statements like "you are wrong", unless you can back it up.
There are new comers to the game and kids. For these, it should be made easier. We should not only think of ourselves - experienced players but for noobs too.
You act like I don't know what a newcomer is? Gee, I'm sorry. I took the time to spell it out for said newcomer as gently as I could. It's a lot of work, and someone isn't going to commit to doing it for someone else, unless they or a group of the community sees it as worthwhile. If I'm so wrong, then find someone to sit down and do the work, or do it yourself. Won't go it? 'cause It's bloody hard work.
I suggest a poll.
Good. That'll achieve nothing, but good for you.
Of course Pikka has the last word and we respect his decision.
As I recall, he's already HAD his word on it. Unless someone puts up their hand to say "hey, I'll code the parameter in", there's no point.
Posted by Raichase. Visit my Flickr! Gallery, Blog (get a feed of everyone at once at Planet TT-Forums).
Raichase - Perfect timing, all the time: [13:37] * Now talking in #tycoon
ImageImage
Official TT-Dave Worley Fan Club
Official TT-Andel-in-a-pink-hat Fan Club
Hyronymus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Hyronymus »

In what way was spaceman spiff not clear, athanasios? Stop the nitpicking about "exact formulations" but read carefully too. As Raichase pointed out he never said everyone liked it better.
athanasios
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by athanasios »

Raichase wrote:It's a fair bit of work to do such a thing for one person, as everyone else regards the stockpiling as good fun and progress
Raichase made an unequal things comparison that confused me and I suppose others too.
--------
Raichase wrote:So, you say I'm wrong in saying that everyone else regards the stockpiling as progress.
Raichase wrote:There is one user here who does not like it.
athanasios wrote:I prefer the stockpiling.
And nowhere did Alain state that he doesn't view stockpiling as progress. He is a new player and just wants to play standard easy way:
2007Alain2007 wrote: i tryed playing with the stock pile on and i find it to hard to play
I think nobody will say that stockpiling is not progress. So if you remove 'else' and erase second quotation (doesn't count since it is posted after my post) :mrgreen: Raichase is not wrong here.
--------
Raichase wrote:Or am I wrong because I have said that altering the grf to put a parameter in is hard?
I didn't say it is easy. So Raichase is not wrong here either.
--------
Raichase wrote:for one person
athanasios wrote:You are wrong here. I would also like to have that option available (parameter controlled)
There may be others that share the same opinion (poll suggested). That's a common practice with additions to the game.

regards
athanasios
http://members.fortunecity.com/gamesart
"If no one is a fool I am also a fool." -The TTD maniac.

I prefer to be contacted through PMs. Thanks.

Return to “Graphics Development”