Do you have problems with ECS vectors? Look here!

Got a problem with OpenTTD? Find some help here.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

George
Tycoon
Tycoon

Do you have problems with ECS vectors? Look here!

Post by George »

If yes, please add your questions here and I'll try to make a collection of answers on the wiki
http://wiki.ttdpatch.net/tiki-index.php?page=ECSFAQ
Also, please have a look on the wiki first, may be your answer is already there.
Thank you for support.

Mods: could you make it sticky for about a month?
Image Image Image Image
REDBOOK7
Engineer
Engineer

Re: Do you have problems with ECS vectors? Look here!

Post by REDBOOK7 »

I solved the problem by moving town vector to the top of the grf list , This info ( tip ) might be handy for the wikki help file!!
R-TEAM
Engineer
Engineer

Post by R-TEAM »

Hi,

have tested ECS a couple of times .. nice,very nice ;)

But ATM i`am a little bit confused:

Can i use the "Construction vector" AND "Construction vector by Pikkabird"
at the same time ? It have partly different cargos and i like to have both.

It comes a new Machinery vector out [01/Nov] .. it is very hughe in bytes,
it is replacing the split "Machinery vector"/"Machinery vector for trocpic"
with one file or musst i use in tropic still the "Machinery vector for trocpic" ?

I have [the new {>01/NOV} ECS files ATM not tested] in my Industry-Build
list 2 Banks .. with different costs..?

On the ships for the fishingrounds it labels always Oil-Rig ....
In a couple of ECS industries status windows, the last line [the line with
the production level] is broken with trash chars.

GRF-List:
Town-Vector
-other-vectors-
TTRS3.02a
DBXL
DBXL-ECS addition
LV4

Thanks for this nice expansions ;)

R-TEAM
Bjarni
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Bjarni »

I made this a sticky as requested, but history tells us that people tend to skip stickies. I once had a sticky for months with no replies (looking for translators) and when I unstickied it all sorts of people replied in no time.
Youri219
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Youri219 »

Not sure if this a bug...

The production from sand pits seems to skyrocket after a couple of months. This occurs in almost every nightly I have tried until last week, haven't tried any later one. I usually with all vectors active.
blitzkrieg
Engineer
Engineer

Post by blitzkrieg »

Hi Geroge
I am using OTTD nightly /ChrisIn. But I am not able to use DBXL & its ECS extn with both of them ,even if they are the only Gfr's I use!!!
I have tried with the latest nightly too!!
Also are the ECS vectors compatible wiht UKRS ? If not, could you please name an alternate train Grf set??
AlienKing
Engineer
Engineer

Post by AlienKing »

I had an issue when using 4 of the vectors together: Town, Basic, Chemical, and Machinery using multiplayer on a LAN.

When I built my station by a vehicle factory, it only accepted steel and dyes. If I clicked on the factory, it said it also accepted glass. Trying to build a new station near any vehicle factory showed only steel and dyes on the acceptance preview.

I'm not sure when the issue started to appear, since I was concentrating on making steel first. I was playing a game over lan for a few days before I noticed this (we only play an hour or so a night). I saved the game one night, loaded it up the next, saved and closed, loaded a 2nd time and thats when I started doing glass and noticed it wasn't being accepted.

I was using beta 3 ECS vectors with the US set for trains. I could make glass and refit my trains to carry them, but when they got to the station, they refused to unload. I was already transporting a lot of steel to the vechile factory.
George
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by George »

Youri219 wrote:Not sure if this a bug...
The production from sand pits seems to skyrocket after a couple of months. This occurs in almost every nightly I have tried until last week, haven't tried any later one. I usually with all vectors active.
A known bug ...
I've updated some alpha GRFs, but I'm not sure that they would work fine. They may introduce more bugs.
Image Image Image Image
George
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by George »

blitzkrieg wrote:I am using OTTD nightly /ChrisIn. But I am not able to use DBXL & its ECS extn with both of them ,even if they are the only Gfr's I use!!!
This question should go to Michael Blunck.
blitzkrieg wrote:I have tried with the latest nightly too!! Also are the ECS vectors compatible wiht UKRS ? If not, could you please name an alternate train Grf set??
I never tested it. You should ask Pikkabird.
As Wile E. Coyote stated, Serbian train set is compatible with ECS.
Image Image Image Image
George
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by George »

AlienKing wrote:I had an issue when using 4 of the vectors together: Town, Basic, Chemical, and Machinery using multiplayer on a LAN.
When I built my station by a vehicle factory, it only accepted steel and dyes. If I clicked on the factory, it said it also accepted glass. Trying to build a new station near any vehicle factory showed only steel and dyes on the acceptance preview.
I'm not sure when the issue started to appear, since I was concentrating on making steel first. I was playing a game over lan for a few days before I noticed this (we only play an hour or so a night). I saved the game one night, loaded it up the next, saved and closed, loaded a 2nd time and thats when I started doing glass and noticed it wasn't being accepted.
I was using beta 3 ECS vectors with the US set for trains. I could make glass and refit my trains to carry them, but when they got to the station, they refused to unload. I was already transporting a lot of steel to the vechile factory.
Can't reproduce the problem
Only town vector is beta 3. Machinery vector is beta 2 and other are alpha. What are OTTD build, GRFs dates?
Image Image Image Image
blitzkrieg
Engineer
Engineer

Post by blitzkrieg »

George wrote:
blitzkrieg wrote:I am using OTTD nightly /ChrisIn. But I am not able to use DBXL & its ECS extn with both of them ,even if they are the only Gfr's I use!!!
This question should go to Michael Blunck.
Oops :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: !!!!
George wrote:
blitzkrieg wrote:I have tried with the latest nightly too!! Also are the ECS vectors compatible wiht UKRS ? If not, could you please name an alternate train Grf set??
I never tested it. You should ask Pikkabird.
As Wile E. Coyote stated, Serbian train set is compatible with ECS.
Thanks for mentioning a usable train set...
George
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by George »

Problem with bank location should be fixed in R11402 (I hope)
Image Image Image Image
sc79
Director
Director

Post by sc79 »

I assume its a feature of your set that the tinning factory doesnt accept steel until (i expect) a certain volume of livestock/fish is supplied? I havent had problems with the vehicle factory personally.
George
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by George »

sc79 wrote:
I assume its a feature of your set that the tinning factory doesnt accept steel until (i expect) a certain volume of livestock/fish is supplied? I havent had problems with the vehicle factory personally.
No. It starts to accept steel on the about 4-th day of the game.
The same must be true for vehicles factory as well.
Image Image Image Image
AlienKing
Engineer
Engineer

Post by AlienKing »

George wrote: Can't reproduce the problem
Only town vector is beta 3. Machinery vector is beta 2 and other are alpha. What are OTTD build, GRFs dates?
Build 11372. The GRFs were from the openttdcoop beta grf pack, not sure of the exact dates (on a different computer). I'll attach the save game when I have access to my other computer tomorrow.
George
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by George »

AlienKing wrote:
George wrote: Can't reproduce the problem
Build 11372. The GRFs were from the openttdcoop beta grf pack, not sure of the exact dates (on a different computer). I'll attach the save game when I have access to my other computer tomorrow.
please check for the latest versions of OTTD and GRFs.
Image Image Image Image
newbibob
Engineer
Engineer

Post by newbibob »

First off, great job with ECS, once i got all the vectors and saw the whole chain fit together i have to say ... impressive.

I have a couple of things not quite right though and im wondering if there just 'work-in-progress' things or if there might be an issue with my grfs.

Looking at the diagram on Wiki, im missing a glass factory altogether and my shipyard will only accept wood products (rather than wood products, steel & dyes as in the diagram). I did notice that the extra bank (i know thats a known bug) brings the total industry count up to 35, equal to ECS, so i was wondering if it was overriding the glass factory ID but if i remove TTRS the phantom bank just disappears leaving 34 industry types.

Lastly the diagram also shows towns accepting a large range of things. Most of them work ok for me but dyes, vehicles & glass are not being accepted (tried starting games in 1920, 1980 and 2050 to see if era had any affect but there was no change).

I have tried the GRF's in all sorts of different orders but the above 3 things are the same no matter what. SS shows the grf list along with the shipyards acceptance and the lack of glass factory on the list.

Thanks for the help!

EDIT: version started at r11464 and the situation has been consistent through a few versions up to r11502.
Attachments
Unnamed, 1st Jan 1978#1.png
Unnamed, 1st Jan 1978#1.png (81.85 KiB) Viewed 44209 times
George
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by George »

ECS is currently in the progress, so there may be many bugs and problems. Bug reports and suggestions are welcome :D
newbibob wrote:Looking at the diagram on Wiki, im missing a glass factory
we are waiting until Zimmlock will draw it as he promised. :roll:
newbibob wrote:altogether and my shipyard will only accept wood products (rather than wood products, steel & dyes as in the diagram).
Will be fixed as soon as I finish with iron ore mine
newbibob wrote:I did notice that the extra bank (i know thats a known bug) brings the total industry count up to 35, equal to ECS, so i was wondering if it was overriding the glass factory ID but if i remove TTRS the phantom bank just disappears leaving 34 industry types.
No. there are 37 IDs in total, so a new bank yet can coexist. In the future it would be integrated into ECS Basic vector and there would be no ID waste.
newbibob wrote:Lastly the diagram also shows towns accepting a large range of things. Most of them work ok for me but dyes, vehicles & glass are not being accepted (tried starting games in 1920, 1980 and 2050 to see if era had any affect but there was no change).
Not done yet. There were some graphics by Wile E. Coyote, but it was not finished and was not included into TTRS3.
Image Image Image Image
Timitry
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Timitry »

Hey people!
I'm currently playing with ECS, with the Wood & Basic Vector, and of course the vehicles and town vector. Everything was fine, i started transporting wood, but now somehow my forests keep shutting down, only 3 are left, and i may not even prospect new ones. The map is rather empty, so i guess that would not be a problem... I can prospect Sand Pits and all other industries, but no forests... And Forests even shut down if i transport them with 70% or so... That kind of screws up my game, as then my glass is not needed in my furniture factory anymore and so on...
Wonder if you might help...?
George
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by George »

Timitry wrote:I'm currently playing with ECS, with the Wood & Basic Vector, and of course the vehicles and town vector. Everything was fine, i started transporting wood, but now somehow my forests keep shutting down, only 3 are left, and i may not even prospect new ones. The map is rather empty, so i guess that would not be a problem... I can prospect Sand Pits and all other industries, but no forests... And Forests even shut down if i transport them with 70% or so... That kind of screws up my game, as then my glass is not needed in my furniture factory anymore and so on...
http://wiki.ttdpatch.net/tiki-index.php ... CSWVForest
Does it answer your questions?
Forests can close down only from very low production level or when they are in towns. You can't do anything with the later, but all you need to fix the former is to transport 75% of wood.
Image Image Image Image

Return to “OpenTTD Problems”