#wwottdgd calles grf authors / gfx'ers for help - (UPDATE)

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

dihedral
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: #wwottdgd calles grf authors / gfx'ers for help - (UPDATE)

Post by dihedral »

lordazamath: i think the question might have gone under...

if it's possible, could you update your grf to include some logic, i.e. to only replace the transmitters that are not part of an airport...
PikkaBird
Graphics Moderator
Graphics Moderator

Post by PikkaBird »

dihedral wrote:if it's possible, could you update your grf to include some logic, i.e. to only replace the transmitters that are not part of an airport...
That's not possible (although once rich's newairports hit trunk, it may be possible to change the airports so they use a different sprite).
richk67
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by richk67 »

Yeah, that is true. Currently the newairports still allow use of the replacement tarmac set (sorry, cant remember name of .grf).

It would need all newairport .grfs to be changed - which currently is only 2-3 grfs. It probably makes more sense to separate out the two sorts of transmitter, leaving airports pointing to the classic one, and create a new .grf (or just a new sprite in openttd.grf) for the land transmitter.
OTTD NewGRF_ports. Add an airport design via newgrf.Superceded by Yexo's NewGrf Airports 2
Want to organise your trains? Try Routemarkers.
--- ==== --- === --- === ---
Firework Photography
LordAzamath
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by LordAzamath »

dihedral wrote:lordazamath: i think the question might have gone under...

if it's possible, could you update your grf to include some logic, i.e. to only replace the transmitters that are not part of an airport...
As I was afraid I see that it is not possible. BUT. You said it as an example (i.e. ->in example). So if there is something more I can do then I will.

EDIT: I have done the naming with help from PikkaBird, however OpenTTD doesn't show the new name. Pikka said that it works correctly in TTDP, so maybe I'm using something, that Open doesn't understand or there's a bug...The weird thing is that I have seen some graphics that have different names. IE TTRS. The code that works in TTDP is following:

Code: Select all

// Automatically generated by GRFCODEC. Do not modify!
// (Info version 7)
// Format: spritenum pcxfile xpos ypos compression ysize xsize xrel yrel
//Counts the numbers
    0 * 4	 04 00 00 00
//Defines id
    1 * 32	 08 06 "LA" 00 01 "Toll Booth" 00 "By LordAzamath" 00
//Defines sprite to be replaced
    2 * 5	 0A 01 01 29 0A
//Defines the sprite and offsets
    3 sprites/customs_housew.pcx 66 8 09 46 47 -22 -33
//Defines new name
    4 * 17       04 48 FF 01 01 58 "Toll Booth" 00
Maybe has it something to do with fact that "Transmitter" is a generic string not a house or something...
I try to rename the fountain to meeting place, and if that will work, then I will tell you

EDIT: again
About the celebrations in city squeres (fountain)
I think I did everything correclty, but no name changed. I have a hypothesis that OpenTTD stores it's names in different place than patch, so I would need something else in that grf..
But till this is a weird thing, I won't bother myself with it nomore right now. If someone who knows why it works in Patch (as cited by PikkaBird) and not in OpenTTD, please enlighten me.

Lord

EDIT: again :D
I have an idea how to put the toll booth into the game w/o replacing transmitters in airports. i won't replace any transmitters at all, but lighthouses...
Is this acceptable or was there a special reason, why the transmitter had to be replaced? Will make the correction, if I may and find time :D

Lord
PS: And I stopped the propaganda to support Dave Worley since he got a nice new red hat now.[/color]
I know I have a BBCode error in my signature but I really cba to fix it.
dihedral
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by dihedral »

lighthouses are being used... as lighthouses :-D... i think :-P
LordAzamath
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by LordAzamath »

dihedral wrote:lighthouses are being used... as lighthouses :-D... i think :-P
..and what's the purpose of lighthouses in ttd? I have always thought that they are just something to be on your way, not useful, not good..
If you want to use them in that european map as a true lighthouse, that's anoter thing though. I just wanted to know is there any reason, I should replace its graphics instead of transmitter, As I can understand, it won't be needed.

Lord
PS: And I stopped the propaganda to support Dave Worley since he got a nice new red hat now.[/color]
AntBUK
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by AntBUK »

My GRF for now.
partysquare.grf
Just the graphic working for now.
(731 Bytes) Downloaded 639 times
If anybody could help me code the cargoes acceptance/generation part I'd be very grateful :D

I might add a banner in later.
Rasing Awareness: Aspergers Syndrome 1 (NAS UK)2 (BBC)3 (YaleDDC)

Something is driving you insane... It is me.
rabbit67890
Engineer
Engineer

Post by rabbit67890 »

AntBUK wrote:My GRF for now.
partysquare.grf
If anybody could help me code the cargoes acceptance/generation part I'd be very grateful :D

I might add a banner in later.
bugs i found

1 recognized as statue
2 tested it wits desert and snow in temperature

comments

so great
LordAzamath
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by LordAzamath »

ok.. is there anything else I could draw.. It seems that you haven't sprites for regular streets to party-streets. Going to work on it. Hope to publish the first version (not grffed maybe, but just a pic) today evening (it's 16:40 here right now)

EDIT: I drew and coded the new streetlights. I now managed to understand every bit of my code...and that's good. :)
However I'm not happy with the drawing results of mine, but I don't know what do you want.. I have drawn-tested many things for over an hour by now, but I still don't know. Amyway I submit the grf here
streetlights.grf
Streetlights for WWOTTDGD 1
(193 Bytes) Downloaded 1338 times
Please suggest something for better graphics, if needed :)
EDIT: I tested it's compability with ttrs and found out that
1. The ttrs makes it's own lights
2. This grf has to be loaded after ttrs (or it won't show)
EDIT2: @AntBUK - this thing is really beautiful :)
Lord
Phazorx
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Phazorx »

lordazamath wrote:
dihedral wrote:lighthouses are being used... as lighthouses :-D... i think :-P
..and what's the purpose of lighthouses in ttd? I have always thought that they are just something to be on your way, not useful, not good..
If you want to use them in that european map as a true lighthouse, that's anoter thing though. I just wanted to know is there any reason, I should replace its graphics instead of transmitter, As I can understand, it won't be needed.

Lord
lighthouses are already placed on the map in places where lighthouses should be... as an eyecandy. However i can remove them all if that is desired. And replace all transmitters used at borders by lighthouses.

LorsAzamath: Can you please provide second version of the grf where customs house replaces the lighthouse, in case if "we" decide to use that one in favor of airport's sanity.
LordAzamath
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by LordAzamath »

Yea sure..
I changed the sprite it should replace and y_offset to be normal. (it went off somehow when replacing sprite..) and grfID so it's possible to have both in the game, although I think it's not useful
Attachments
lighthouse-TB.grf
(1.2 KiB) Downloaded 465 times
dihedral
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by dihedral »

may i just mention...

you guys are awsome. you have done some amazing work in little time... i am really amazed by all the great stuff you guys have made :-)
LordAzamath
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by LordAzamath »

ok. as I have seen both of my grfs are 99% ready in the wiki (thanks Dihedral). That means that the streetlights are good? Fine.
A thing I saw in wiki too was the issue that the bigger cost for terraforming had 0%. So I thought I might just do it by myself too, when reading specs very closely I came out with this.

// Automatically generated by GRFCODEC. Do not modify!
// (Info version 7)
// Format: spritenum pcxfile xpos ypos compression ysize xsize xrel yrel
    0 * 4	 02 00 00 00
    1 * 38	 08 06 "LA" 00 05 "Terraform Prices" 00 "By LordAzamath" 00
//<Sprite-number> * <Length> 00 <Feature> <Num-props> <Num-info> <Id> (<Property <New-info>)...
      2           * 7	     00 08        01          01         15    08        FF
//The feature has to be 08, it's global variables. Because I want to change only one property I give the num-props 01 value too
//Not sure about num-info because specs says "How many vehicles/stations you would like to change", but I haven't gat any stations 
//vehicles.. ID is 15 (http://wiki.ttdpatch.net/tiki-index.php?page=BaseCosts) and property should be "Cost base multipliers 
//(08)"08 then. And new info...I don't know. I put 256 there just because it's the biggest byte one can get with two numbers..So I 
//thought that now the costs skyrocket...but ..nothing happened. Anyway I would appreciate any help for the newbie (that's me and 
//grfs :D).
I'm pretty sure I have messed up something, but what.. I don't know.
Am I right, that no real sprite has to be in.. Because I don't add any new graphics..
Lord
AntBUK
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by AntBUK »

I appear to have hit a snag, my GRF is incompatible with TTRS :(

Can anyone tell me what code is needed to make it compatible (anti-DaleStan ->) and tell me what it is please?

DaleStan
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by DaleStan »

lordazamath wrote:I'm pretty sure I have messed up something,
It's at most a 6-byte fixed-point value. Under no circumstance is it useful to shift such a value by more than 47 bits in either direction. Given its initial value (AIUI, 00 00 00 FA 00 00, (B-E)), shifting more than 24 bits left is not going to have the desired effect.

And, since Ant obviously doesn't want to my help, I won't bother trying to pry out an actual question there.
To get a good answer, ask a Smart Question. Similarly, if you want a bug fixed, write a Useful Bug Report. No TTDPatch crashlog? Then follow directions.
Projects: NFORenum (download) | PlaneSet (Website) | grfcodec (download) | grfdebug.log parser
LordAzamath
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by LordAzamath »

And, since Ant obviously doesn't want to my help, I won't bother trying to pry out an actual question there.
But you obviously know the answer, don't you DaleStan, the TTDPatch nfo consultant :lol:
So to make things ok for you, I'll ask you by myself.
I tested it and found out that ttrs set overrides the fountain, with it's own. It doesn't make any difference, if the ttrs is placed upwards or downwards relative to that party-square. I suppose that it's written to the ttrs nfo, that it should do it, but I don't know. however, I think that you, DaleStan, are probably the one, who knows :bow: So if you are such a nice person, I would be glad to ask:

What code does the party-grf need for not being overridden by ttrs-set?
Yes, I have read the smart questions link in your sig, and that is supposed to be a stupid question a la "I'm intererested in the code, not the way to get the code", but I have to go to sleep and saturday is coming close evey minute...So it would be very nice if you still would post something that can make the process quicker."

So much of that. Now to my problem.
It's at most a 6-byte fixed-point value.
Does that mean that I still can use just one byte there, like 0f?
so the code would be

2           * 7        00 08        01          01         15    08        0F
I really would like to test and find out everything by myself, but I really-really have to go to sleep now. It's 23.27 here and I have to wake up at 06 AM. Besides I'm going to get school holidays and tomorrow will be the last day of the term, so I really would like to not sleep over that day :D

Lord
AntBUK
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by AntBUK »

The anti-DaleStan part was because of your reply in a previous thread, basically don't give a question where a yes or no answer could be given by said person. :D

Anyhow, I've been given some help on IRC and am now attempting to make it on its own, replacing nothing if possible.

Currently stuck on Action02 and because of dirty minds my help dried up. I will keep going however and let you know when it's done :D

Edit: I did action 2 to what i could work out and the entire file seems dead. So could somebody have a look at it and correct me where i've gone wrong please :)
Attachments
partysquare.nfo
My NFO
(938 Bytes) Downloaded 255 times

DaleStan
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by DaleStan »

lordazamath wrote:So to make things ok for you, I'll ask you by myself.
I tested it and found out that ttrs set overrides the fountain, with it's own. It doesn't make any difference, if the ttrs is placed upwards or downwards relative to that party-square. I suppose that it's written to the ttrs nfo, that it should do it, but I don't know. however, I think that

What code does the party-grf need for not being overridden by ttrs-set?
Unless I'm misunderstanding something, that's an invalid question. You can't change the built-in houses, except that you can disable them completely. If the TTRS is disabling something that you want enabled, just re-create it as a new house. Otherwise, the TTRS doesn't (and can't) override any of your code any more than you do (or can) override its.
lordazamath wrote:Does that mean that I still can use just one byte there, like 0f?
Either you're confusing the property with the value it effects, or you're confusing bytes and nibbles.
The property is a byte (two nibbles, two hex characters); the value is a 48-bit fixed-point value, as dword + (word/65536).
To get a good answer, ask a Smart Question. Similarly, if you want a bug fixed, write a Useful Bug Report. No TTDPatch crashlog? Then follow directions.
Projects: NFORenum (download) | PlaneSet (Website) | grfcodec (download) | grfdebug.log parser
LordAzamath
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by LordAzamath »

Well, I saw in wiki, that ammler really has done the work.. so no grfs from me needed right now, I guess. The second thing is that I tried the AntBUK's grf again and found nothing wrong with it now... I guess I had another fountain replacement active, when testing yesterday.. So yes, DaleStan my question wasn't valid yesterday, and I'm sorry if I caused any inconvinece among someone. I also would like to thank DaleStan for that response, which mad me to think to test again. So I guess it can interact pretty good with ttrs.
Attachments
pilt.png
pilt.png (157.76 KiB) Viewed 17294 times
AntBUK
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by AntBUK »

Is that using params 0 0 0 0 lord? Because I couldn't get it to work.

Return to “Graphics Development”