UK Road Vehicle Set [Version 1 of Tram Set released]

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

Ameecher
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: UK Road Vehicle Set [UK Tram Set in Development]

Post by Ameecher »

It's all being planned, although the lorry that you've drawn is not very accurate to the picture you posted since the lorry is based on a 26t non-articulated lorry whereas your picture is of a van (not entirely sure which).

Although your efforts are appreciated, I intend to do as much work by myself (although Lewis is helping me).

With regard to the liveries, I intend to do Securior (or similar) for armoured vans and companies like Eddie Stobart, DHL, TNT etc for Goods lorries, it's just a case of time and do I have enough of it to draw?
m3henry
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by m3henry »

great vans ameecher :D
The occasional look back at your past can teach you a great many things...
SkeedR
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SkeedR »

Hanson could be used for Pikka's Gravel by the way. If you'd like any help on the lorry side with liveries i'm more than happy to help.
Last known as: Weirdy
Ameecher
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Ameecher »

I was going to use Foster Yeoman for Gravel but Hanson is another big Aggregrates haulier, so I might do them too, thanks Weirdy :)

Meanwhile, been having a go at the Irizar coach, pretty pleased with the _ views but not very happy with the diagonals, you'll see what I mean in the screenshot. Not to mention of course the lack of shading, need to use more colours to show the edges etc.

Current thinking is to make it 32px long, it'll allow me to get the proportions right, what do other people think?

Edit: Tried it with 32px length, 2nd Screenshot.
Attachments
28px length
28px length
irizar.PNG (23.84 KiB) Viewed 7075 times
32px length
32px length
irizar3.PNG (17.33 KiB) Viewed 7050 times
SkeedR
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SkeedR »

I'd suggest a mix of the two to be honest. The first one has the decent / view while the second has the decent _ view.
Ben_K
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Ben_K »

Great work Ameecher! :D
Ameecher wrote:I toyed with doing that but decided that my version was the best compromise (yours draws the logo on the roof of the lorry too
You need to amke the logo maybe 1 pxl wider (Possibly 2, have a try). Its the width thats the problem, it doesnt want to be any taller.
0004tom wrote:i've came out with this, needs a little work, on the shading, does this help ?
Tom.. trying to help is great but Id be inclined to suggest that you have just copied Ameechers Royal mail lorry for that - hence why it looks nothing like the picture. :( Have a try at doing it from scratch. You'll find that you'll get much better results.
Ameecher wrote:Current thinking is to make it 32px long, it'll allow me to get the proportions right, what do other people think?
I think the 2nd shot looks better, although the weird scale thing makes that bus look terribly exaggerated. Yeah, I think the 2nd version makes the best of a bad thing.
SkeedR
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SkeedR »

Weirdy wrote:I'd suggest a mix of the two to be honest. The first one has the decent / view while the second has the decent _ view.
Having looked at it again, it seems the / views are both too short. They need to be longer.
Ameecher
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Ameecher »

Well I can't chop and change the / and \ views with the | views. The diagonals with from 32px length can't be paired with the _ from the 28px length. I think I may have drawn the diagonals on both sets a pixel too short though, I'll have a look tomorrow.

And thanks Ben ;)
Dave

Post by Dave »

I love you Gavin. The RM truck and your bus are like butterflies flitting around the garden of my pitiful life.
Official TT-Dave Fan Club

Dave's Screenshot Thread! - Albion: A fictional Britain
Flickr

Why be a song when you can be a symphony? r is a...
Ameecher
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Ameecher »

Digger needed in here I think.

I'm still working on this, hell I drew a new tram the other day but this set is becoming increasingly less likely to be released this year due to various set backs in life, both mine and Peter's. I'm still here but Peter has decided to step down from coding. Suits me fine because I can draw at my own leisurely pace again.
Thank you Peter for your fantastic work until this point. :)

This is basically an advert for a coder.
http://users.tt-forums.net/ameecher/tra ... table.html shows how little needs actually doing, a majority of that "little" requires me to get off my arse and do some drawing but there are some trams there that are complete and need coding. Anyway, you get the drift. ;)

I'm going to attach the source file that peter1138 sent me. If someone gets to it before I have time to look into it then they are most welcome
Attachments
ukts.zip
(74.44 KiB) Downloaded 179 times
Ameecher
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Ameecher »

I think this is only fair, I'm going to release an incomplete version of the UKTS.

Please note that this is NOT a final release and is infact nowhere near a final release. There are a number of known bugs including some alignment issues with some of the early trams, most noticably with the "Standard Class". There is also a problem with the bogies of the Centenary tram flashing, I thought I'd fixed that at the weekend but it would seem not. Also the Brush Class is available in 1923 instead of 1932 (that's what happens when you have a dyslexic trying to code :P).
Passenger capacities on the articulated trams need to be tinkered with because at the moment they are the real life capacities which are much too high for TT.
Below is a list of trams included in this version including a list of known bugs.

Standard Class - Sprites are backwards (ie, sprites for backwars are shown when running forwards) sprites also not aligned 100% correctly.No Company Colours.
Brush Class - Available in 1923 instead of 1932. No other known problems.
Balloon Class - non-CC door in CC refit.
Jubilee Class - No known problems
Centenary Class - Flashing bogies. No other known problems
Ansaldo T68/T68a - No known problems
Siemens/Duewag Supertram - Non-CC roof in | view of CC refit.

If you spot any other bugs aside from those mentions above, please post them here and let me know. Otherwise enjoy the set and I'll see what I can do about getting the rest of it playable.

ENJOY!

Multiplayer You are welcome to use this grf in multiplayer games, this is line here is all the permission you need. Off you go and come back here if you spot any bugs. :)

Edit: I forgot to mention that this set is currently incompatible with George's LV4, Generic Road Vehicles set but is compatible with HOVS v1 and the TTD default vehicles (except toyland). Apologies for that.
Attachments
ukts_r1.grf
(58.63 KiB) Downloaded 357 times
Redirect Left
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: UK Road Vehicle Set [Version 1 of Tram Set released]

Post by Redirect Left »

Nice released, I'd use it myself, but alas, I use LV4, so can't cause of the incompatibilities :(
Need some good tested AI? - Unofficial AI Tester, list of good stuff & thread is here.
dasy2k1
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by dasy2k1 »

Im using them with OpenTTD with the destinations patch and i like them loads,

only one thing i dont like is the startup noise for the standards! squeak-squeak-honk-honk is not good on the ears!!!

ding-ding-motor noise
would be better!!
Ameecher
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Ameecher »

Thanks.

The noises are among the many things that need to be changed when I finally get my arse into gear and get another release ready. Trouble is, I need to find a trambell noise. Perhaps I ought to ask DanMacK for one since he provided the noise for the NARoads Streetcars.

Glad you like it anyway! :D
Redirect Left
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Redirect Left »

Ameecher wrote: I need to find a trambell noise.
Here is one I prepared earlier, i've had it lying around my backup systems HDD for several year, it's apparantly from a San Francisco tram, not a UK one though...

It's probably of no use to you though anyway.
Attachments
Tram Bell.wav
A tram bell sound.
(129.27 KiB) Downloaded 140 times
Need some good tested AI? - Unofficial AI Tester, list of good stuff & thread is here.
m3henry
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by m3henry »

ah the good ol' tram set, nice to see its back on track :D
The occasional look back at your past can teach you a great many things...
Ameecher
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Ameecher »

Excellent Jolteon, thanks for that :D

m3henry, back on track implies that I'm working on it again. As much as I'd like to, unfortunately, I'm not... :(
Redirect Left
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Redirect Left »

Ameecher wrote:Excellent Jolteon, thanks for that :D
No problem. It's just being lying about, I have no idea what specs TTD needs for it's sounds though, so I have no idea if it would work or not, should you chose to use it.
Ameecher
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Ameecher »

Time to wipe the dust off some sprites I think:

http://blackpool-transport.fotopic.net/p35786266.html
Blackpool & Fleetwood Tramway English Electric Twin Car
Attachments
twincarmock.PNG
twincarmock.PNG (2.52 KiB) Viewed 4620 times
Dave

Post by Dave »

Bleeding eyes, but you know I love your work, Gavin. Like I love your mom. And your dog.
Official TT-Dave Fan Club

Dave's Screenshot Thread! - Albion: A fictional Britain
Flickr

Why be a song when you can be a symphony? r is a...

Return to “Graphics Development”