[OTTD] Sir A. Boey's SURVEY of Screenshots

Screenshots of your games! All Transport Tycoon games acceptable (including TTDPatch and OpenTTD).
Sir A. Boey
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

[OTTD] Sir A. Boey's SURVEY of Screenshots

Post by Sir A. Boey »

Hello,

I've been playing ttdlx for quite a while now (I guess over 7 years) and Openttd for about 1.5 years and I 've taken quite a few screenshots
of my games. So I had a sudden impulse to get them sorted out and post them for all you die-hard Openttd players.
In the very beginning of ttdlx I didn't understand how to create a network with signals but as time went on I figured out how that was
possible. And my networks kept on growing and growing and the complexity of my networks began to get more difficult.

I've played a lot of games with realistic scenario's but at one time I had enough of those scenario's and started to experiment
with Heightmaps which I created my self (so non-realistic ones; I will post some in my other posts "Chapter IV").
I'm also a big fan of complicated networks and very large and complicated junctions, and so I started to create them my self.
(See "Chapter II" in my topic)

But in the beginnig of my Openttd era everything had to be transported to one industrial erea from every corner of my maps ("Chapter I").
Then I started to make heightmaps with a lot of water and which allready included the ground to lay the tracks on them to
safe some time from construction, later the copy/paste patch was posted and then my PRE-FAB (Pre-Fabrication maps, as I call them)
started to emerge and they started to go faster and faster in construction terms.

I've started playing the 0.5 series and then evolved to the MiniIN series, but unfortunately they stoped making those and I had to keep
on playing the last MiniIN r8928. After a long search on the forums I've found the ChrisIN series (which I'm still playing due to the
fact that I can't integrate the patches my self). In every attachment I will mention which game/serie the screenshot was taken from.

There will be 7 chapters:

Chapter I: The beginning of my Openttd games, every raw material producing industry had to be transported to one erea of primary industries.
Chapter II: The evolution of my own junctions, in the beginning without entrance/exit/path based signals but as time went by I learned how to
use them.
Chapter III: Harbours, I tried to make more realistic harbours
Chapter IV: My non-realistic scenario's some even more unrealistic than the other (LOL)
Chapter V: Networks
Chapter VI: ONE-WAY ROAD JUNCTIONS!!!
Chapter VII: My Snowline network [Comming soon] UNDER CONSTRUCTION!!!!!!!!!!

Here we go...
Attachments
UTD.jpg
UTD.jpg (7.79 KiB) Viewed 89386 times
united_rise_again.jpg
united_rise_again.jpg (4.49 KiB) Viewed 9222 times
Last edited by Sir A. Boey on 07 Feb 2008 20:34, edited 13 times in total.
_____________# If you believe in it, you can achieve it" # ____________
__________________# Check out My Closed Platform #___________________
Sir A. Boey
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Re: [OTTD] Sir A. Boey's SURVEY of Screenshots

Post by Sir A. Boey »

******* Chapter I: The beginning of my Openttd games, every raw material producing industry had to be transported to one erea of primary industries.*******

This first chapter contains my very first Openttd Game created in 0.5.0 RC 1, I've made my own map without heightmaps which I had not yet
learned how to use. All the raw material producing industries are on the edges of the map (as seen in one of my screenshots) all the materials where transported
to a main and centred basic industry area where all the primary industries are located. This game contained over 595 Maglev trains, 180 Concordes and 453
Trucks/coaches... The central industries are producing a very large amount of goods: the oil refenery 26,063 goods, the factory 14,414 goods and the sawmill
9,558 goods + the steelmill produces 18,495 tonnes of steel. All these goods are transported back to the towns which are also situated on the edges of the map.
(Income /year = +/- 18.000.000.000 €)

My second game (Still 0.5.0 RC1) evolved a little bit due to the diversity of the location of the cities (not all situated on the edges of the maps)
but all the raw material producing industries are all again transported to one of the large primary industries.
One sawmill produced in this game over 30,000 goods. (Income /year = +/- 7.000.000.000 €)

The rest of my games are all simular to those first 2 games, and with the rest I mean an other 7 games...
I've taken a few other screenshots of those other games but not that much...

Screenshots Chapter I:
-------------------------

°°° ATTACHMENT POST 1 °°°

* Higher view: In this screenshot you can see the first(and biggest ever) MAJOR station I've build. All the raw material producing industries (RMPI) are on
the edges of the map and are ALL transported to the main and central industry zone. If you take a closer look at these screenshots you'll see that I've put a
sign that states that there are 510 Maglevs but in fact there are on the end of the game over 600 Maglevs in this game!!! the mapview is if you ask me
just amazing, I never made anything like that again because it took me quite a long time to build that game/network.

* One of the 50 raw material producing industries: This is a screenshot of the RMPI's who are on the edges of the map.

* Central Station Zone: Here are the four sides of that Major station each line with a marker that states the year that the line was finished. It took me over
57 years to complete that station and all the lines!!! and over € 96.000.000.000, in hours I guess it took me over 20 hours to complete those tracks.
[+ modifications]
Attachments
Central Station zone.png
(928.21 KiB) Downloaded 765 times
Higher View.PNG
(594.29 KiB) Downloaded 485 times
One of the 50 RMPI's.png
(614.98 KiB) Downloaded 453 times
Sir A. Boey
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Sir A. Boey »

°°° ATTACHMENT POST 2 °°°

* Super Stations: Here are three more super stations that I've created over the years you see that In the beginning I had no Idea of the new stations grf's.
Attachments
Super Stations.PNG
(567.57 KiB) Downloaded 509 times
Sir A. Boey
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Sir A. Boey »

Posts Screenshots Chapter II:
-----------------------------

* Extreme Cloverleave OnE: This junction was created in the last MiniIN r8928, like in most of my junctions I made sure that not one exit could
block an other line and even if they would do so than the other trains could still have an other option to continue their route. This junction
is based on the original and small but simple cloverleave junction. (So not that new but modified!)

* Extreme Cloverleave TwO: This is in fact the very first cloverleave that I've made in Openttd 0.5.0. RC1 (If I'm correct?) But in stead of one cloverleave
I made a dubble one which goes over each other, this to make sure that if there is a lot of traffic the chance of having a queue is diminished a lot.

* Giga Junction: This is THE largest and most difficult junction I've ever made (so far). It's build in the latest ChrisIN (@ the time of this post it was r10780)
The junction exists of 3 levels. The first level (ground level as I like to call it) has the option to turn right, left and go straight ahead, this is the
same as level 3, level 2 hasn't got the option to turn left because I didn't have enough space to build that exit as you can see when you take a closer look.
You might ask how one train could chose between these levels but these 8!!! lines who are arriving at this junction all had an entrance aswell, so each train
could choose a line/level to follow but I made sure that each train allready knew where and which level it had to take due to the fact that I've giving them
all a waypoint to follow so each of the three levels are used and not one track is useless.If you are interested in the .tmpl file I could send it to you
if you give me a pm.
Attachments
Extreme Cloverleave OnE Overview.png
(357.87 KiB) Downloaded 404 times
Extreme Cloverleave TwO Overview.png
(417.53 KiB) Downloaded 278 times
GIGA JUNCTION OVERVIEW.png
(412.52 KiB) Downloaded 397 times
Sir A. Boey
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Sir A. Boey »

* In the deep: This junction was created in one of the MiniIN versions, it's a junctions that has 4 useless lines but they are in fact of some use.
When you are making some modifications to your nerwork than the trains who are past a certain point where they could take an other route than these
trains still have the option to make a U-turn and so they avoid being lost.

* Piramide OnE: This sort of junction was the predecessor of the Giga junction due to the fact that I couldn't build a bridge over a diagonal track.
The highest junction on top of the piramide could (if you have a very large amount of trains taking that turn) lead to a queue. This junction was made in
the MiniIn version.

* Rectangular Version TwO: this was in fact the first version of a "rectangular" junction. this junction is the result of an other junction I've found
on the forums but due to the fact that I almost always have a lot a trains driving on the same network, I had to modify that junction to satisfy the
needs of my trains, but even that junction caused a lot of problems and queues, so I had to modify that junction again and again... this can be seen in my
next post [Attachment post 3].
Attachments
In the Deep Overview.png
(242 KiB) Downloaded 291 times
Piramide OnE Overview.png
(257.35 KiB) Downloaded 240 times
Rectangular Version TwO Overview.png
(242.7 KiB) Downloaded 229 times
Sir A. Boey
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Sir A. Boey »

°°° ATTACHMENT POST 3 °°°

* Rectangular Version OnE: this is the second modification of the previous junction, there where less queues and the traffic could easily find it's way

* Rectangular Version ThRe: Again due to the fact of to much traffic I had to alter the previous junction, this time with two tracks going straight
forward and back (horizontal en vertical) [see attachment]

* Rectangular Version FoUr: This is the last update of again the previous junction (version 3) I had to modify the number of tracks who are going
straigt forward and back (horizontal and vertical) [see attachment], this doesn't benifit the layout of the junction but it increases the functionality
of the junction.
Attachments
Rectangular Version OnE Overview.png
(249.53 KiB) Downloaded 172 times
Rectangular Version ThRe Overview.png
(242.79 KiB) Downloaded 133 times
Rectangular Version FoUr Overview.png
(323.41 KiB) Downloaded 174 times
Sir A. Boey
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Sir A. Boey »

°°° ATTACHMENT POST 4 °°°

* Station Design OnE: this station has been designed to come up to the needs of the incomming/exiting tracks whitout causing a queue.
Attachments
Station Design OnE Overview.png
(308.64 KiB) Downloaded 252 times
Sir A. Boey
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Sir A. Boey »

Posts Screenshots Chapter III:
------------------------------

* Harbours OnE & TwO: I never liked playing with the ships in Ttdlx but when the new Ship.Grf was posted then I had to try them out, just to see what new
ships had been develloped, I also never liked the way a lot of Openttd players designed their harbours and I started to think how I could make a
different kind of harbours and I began to look on the internet how the harbours realy looked like...
I started to experiment and I came to these results (The harbours don't resemble to any real harbour), as I was looking on the internet I also saw that
in a lot of the harbours, the goods are transported with trains so in several of my designs I placed a Maglev track in the middle of the streets.
Attachments
Harbours OnE.PNG
(476.23 KiB) Downloaded 305 times
Harbours TwO.PNG
(422.05 KiB) Downloaded 235 times
Sir A. Boey
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Sir A. Boey »

Posts Screenshots Chapter IV:
-----------------------------

* Scenario Survey: I've taken some screenshot of the scenario's I've created with the heightmaps, they are all extremely unrealistic but If you love to
play a scenario on your for ex. favorite footballteam (in my case Manchester United and Royal Antwerp F.C.) than the heightmaps give you that opportunity...
I've expirimented with "the busby Babes", Cantona and an emblem of R.A.F.C..
[If someone would like to have those scenario's then send me a pm and I'll send them to you]
Attachments
Scenario Survey.PNG
(363.29 KiB) Downloaded 265 times
Sir A. Boey
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Sir A. Boey »

Posts Screenshots Chapter V:
----------------------------

* Network Survey OnE, TwO, ThRe, FoUr, FiVe & SiX: As time went by I tried to make a kind of large network where each train could take
several tracks/lines to their designation so every passangerstation and every industrystation was connected with the network, I played a lot of
"realistic" scenario's but suddenly I had the urge to create several unrealistic scenario's where I could design my own PERFECT railway network
(IMHO) I've take a few screenshots of the maps and some of the several "difficult" and beautiful crossings, hope you like them...
Attachments
Network Survey OnE.PNG
(494.39 KiB) Downloaded 238 times
Network Survey TwO.PNG
(203.62 KiB) Downloaded 149 times
Network Survey ThRe.PNG
(206.92 KiB) Downloaded 170 times
Sir A. Boey
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Sir A. Boey »

Posts Screenshots Chapter V:
----------------------------

The other 3 network Screenshots
Attachments
Network Survey FoUr.PNG
(381.69 KiB) Downloaded 196 times
Network Survey FiVe.PNG
(918.61 KiB) Downloaded 136 times
Network Survey SiX.PNG
(451.27 KiB) Downloaded 168 times
Sir A. Boey
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Sir A. Boey »

This was it, I tried to show you openttd/Ttdlx players and others how I make my games/stations/networks... Hope you enjoyed reading this thread
and if you have any questions at all or even comment (+ or -) than you are free to do so, I will always try to reply...

Greetz everybody and enjoy OPENTTD

PS: I want to thank everybody who made Openttd possible and also the creators of the MiniIN versions but esspecially Chrissicom (+ possible helpers)
for his marvelous work in the ChrisIN. When I completed the Extreme Pre-Fab game I'm playing now than I will post It here in this Thread..

Bye

PS: Sorry If some of my explanations are not audible. I tried my best not to make a lot of writing errors.
The Winny Boy
Engineer
Engineer

Post by The Winny Boy »

well done :P :P
The Winny Boy
Sir A. Boey
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Sir A. Boey »

Chapter VI: One-Way Road junctions:

One-Way roads allow you to created useful junctions for Coaches/trucks
as you can see in the attachment the roads who lead to the junctions are
very simular to highways and so the road junctions came to life in my games.

I've created 3 versions so far each one a little bit different than the other.
The third one is in the first attachment due to the fact that my first road junction
has been "over"build by townroads and isn't presentable anymore, but I will
create a new version one and than I will post it in my thread....

So enjoy the wonders of OTTD...

PS: This one-way road junction was created in the latest ChrisIN.
(the latest ChrisIN @ the moment of the post was r10982)

Greetz

Version OnE updated and now to be seen in Attachment 2
Version TwO updated and now to be seen in Attachment 3
Attachments
One-Way Road Junction Version ThRe.png
(86.12 KiB) Downloaded 373 times
One-Way Road Junction Version OnE.png
(63.17 KiB) Downloaded 268 times
One-Way Road Junction Version TwO.png
(67.52 KiB) Downloaded 265 times
Last edited by Sir A. Boey on 29 Aug 2007 10:07, edited 1 time in total.
Dopefish_lives
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Dopefish_lives »

those roads are...

AWESOME!
XeryusTC
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by XeryusTC »

It's called TTRSv3.
Don't panic - My YouTube channel - Follow me on twitter (@XeryusTC) - Play Tribes: Ascend - Tired of Dropbox? Try SpiderOak (use this link and we both get 1GB extra space)
OpenTTD: manual #openttdcoop: blog | wiki | public server | NewGRF pack | DevZone
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
chrissicom
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by chrissicom »

Uhm how can I build these one way roads?
XeryusTC
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by XeryusTC »

Use ctrl+click for an OpenTTD Nightly when having one of the road tools selected.
Don't panic - My YouTube channel - Follow me on twitter (@XeryusTC) - Play Tribes: Ascend - Tired of Dropbox? Try SpiderOak (use this link and we both get 1GB extra space)
OpenTTD: manual #openttdcoop: blog | wiki | public server | NewGRF pack | DevZone
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Sir A. Boey
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Sir A. Boey »

@ Chrissicom Strange that you didn't know how to use that feature???

I know the roads contain to much arrows but this was just to make sure
that everyone could see that it was a junction with one-way roads...

he best way to use these arrows is to set an arrow in the beginning of the
street and at the end so no vehicle could drive in the wrong way...
But if you build one-way roads close to a town than I would suggest
that you use a lot of arrows because when the city expanses than
it could make junctions with your roads and this could cause some
problems with the directions of the roads...
Starbud
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Starbud »

I read that Frostregen have an idea about how to use hes tool Copy&Paste to include directional roads.
I like Copy&Paste A LOT. :)
http://openttd.org - i love building stuff :)
Someones play with pics http://dimalimsliv.blogg.se

Return to “Screenshots”