Dutch Tram Set Release Candidate 1 released 2008/08/12

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

athanasios
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Start Dutch Tramset

Post by athanasios »

Why did you color with a darker shade left half of the horizontal view in the previous 2 trams? It doesn't look well. Try to mix the pixels.
http://members.fortunecity.com/gamesart
"If no one is a fool I am also a fool." -The TTD maniac.

I prefer to be contacted through PMs. Thanks.
Hyronymus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Hyronymus »

DanMack, do you recall you drew a PCC in pale-green colours a few years ago. I believe I nagged you for it quite some time back then :oops: . It would be nice if you still had the grf as the PCC's turned The Hague's street into an unsafe place to be from 1949 to 1995.
Rendall
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Rendall »

@athanasios

Because other members did advice me to do some more shading. I do not like the drawing either at this moment. But feel free to change it and post back in the topic. Just put your initials before the filename and everything is clear to anyone.
Hyronymus
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Hyronymus »

We have permission to use DanMack's PCC for the set. One condition though: he wants me to paint it. Thanks a lot DanMack ;)
Rendall
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Rendall »

:mrgreen: Now we are talking. My drawings are not so bad I think. The only thing I miss is the right hight of the _ view....
The front | is 6, 7 or 8 pixels wide The hight of | about 6. But then the _ view have to be 7 pixels plus 4 is 11 and with the patograph (=3) 14 pixels in height. Most of the trams are only 10 in height and the beijnes only 9 and that's too less.

What do you think? :?:

*** wish Hyronymus good luck with drawing ***
Rendall
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Rendall »

As I described above I have altered one of the trams. I will show you version 3 and 4. I think 4 is better. And I have still the question which blue can be used. In the pallette next of the trams the blue of the 4th is the compagny blue as I understood. But there is so little difference with the 6th row so I am not sure. There are also 2 kinds of blue in the 6th row... which on is "alowed" to be used. I don't want the trams to be colored the color of the compagnies...

Knd rgds

Rendall..

[EDIT] Do I have to include the drawings otherwise it doesn't have any effect... :lol:
Attachments
Allan_127_151_v3[0].PNG
Allan_127_151_v3[0].PNG (2.57 KiB) Viewed 4139 times
Allan_127_151_v4[0].PNG
Allan_127_151_v4[0].PNG (2.59 KiB) Viewed 4138 times
Rendall
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Rendall »

And the other Allan trams (motor car and towed car) with the altered hight in the _ view. I think it is a finishing touch and I should leave it this way. Hope that I do not disturb my coder with an altered tram. Anyway... here they are:
I think I should remove some former versions anyway... :mrgreen:
Attachments
Allan_152_201_v4[0].PNG
Allan_152_201_v4[0].PNG (3.03 KiB) Viewed 4130 times
Allan_600_629_v2[0].PNG
Allan_600_629_v2[0].PNG (3.03 KiB) Viewed 4130 times
Rendall
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Rendall »

With the Beijnes it's realy clear that it was to low and the pantograph to small. I have make them both a bit higher. That's 2 pix.... So here a new version of the Beijnes. Tomorow the Werkspoor and both the Brugeoise's Nice building weekend all of you :]
Attachments
Beijnes_76_v2[0].PNG
Beijnes_76_v2[0].PNG (3.09 KiB) Viewed 4113 times
DanMacK
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by DanMacK »

I don't really care who paints it, as long as it isn't me :P Whoever does it it's sure to be great.
Rendall
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Rendall »

DanMack,

Its not a shame to paint a vehicle. But if you can show me a picture of it I could do the job. :twisted:

Anyway, the last 3 trams are a little higher in the _ view... seems alright to me now. Someone any suggestions of the trams above?
Attachments
Brugeoise_751_781_v2[0].PNG
Brugeoise_751_781_v2[0].PNG (2.49 KiB) Viewed 4020 times
Brugeoise_821_830_v2[0].PNG
Brugeoise_821_830_v2[0].PNG (2.63 KiB) Viewed 4021 times
Werkspoor_21_150_v3[0].PNG
Werkspoor_21_150_v3[0].PNG (3.04 KiB) Viewed 4025 times
Rendall
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Rendall »

I need to now which of the following colors can be used and which not. There are places with explanation but I miss the clue..... I have included the pallette I have gotten from Purno. In the 4th row and the 6th row there are 3 types of blue. 2 off them I can't use due too compagny color and background blue.. Which one is usable.

rgds,

Rendall ?(
Rendall
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Rendall »

@ AndersI

I know that one but compared to the one I use it's different> Also almost all the colors are marked yellow so there is a purpose. No, it doesn't make clear to me which colors to use and which doesn't. There is no bell ringing to me....
Again I include the pallet which is used by Purno in his tutorial. I started with that a few weeks ago. The 4th row blue is compagny color and shouldn't be used. The 6th row has 2 kinds of blue... I need a blue which I can use in 2 types of trams. Or you can explain the windows palet you have linked..

Knd rgds,

Rendall

[EDIT] If I lend a train from your set (oooops :wink: ) than the colors in the 6th row can be used.
Attachments
tt_palette.png
tt_palette.png (689 Bytes) Viewed 3966 times
Rendall
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Rendall »

And lets introduce the first post war tram. I have looking for a tram between the last and this one cause there is a 20 years between it. Tho only one I did found was a ugly diesel engine which, as I have to believe, was mostly damaged instead moving. Well, cause I want my trams moving around with tinkeling bells or a sweet horn I skipped that. We can put a steam tram between here during the war. There was a shortage of fuel and also electricity was not common. Wood was one of the fuels to use so a little steamtram with 2 different towed cars can be very funny :) ....

Anyway... the tram and the towed vehicle. Both the same and that's correct. Although the towed car had the doors to the back and had 2 of them the cars are the same. The doors were the same color as the other side view of the tram I couldn't draw them. Makes life a little easier :mrgreen:
Attachments
Werkspoor_491_550_v1[0].PNG
Werkspoor_491_550_v1[0].PNG (3.52 KiB) Viewed 3915 times
motorcar531.jpg
motorcar531.jpg (15.76 KiB) Viewed 3931 times
Werkspoor_951_1000_v1[0].PNG
Werkspoor_951_1000_v1[0].PNG (2.94 KiB) Viewed 3915 times
AndersI
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by AndersI »

Rendall wrote:it doesn't make clear to me which colors to use and which doesn't.
Sorry, I don't know how to make it clearer than Oskar has already done.
Example7.png
Example7.png (7.71 KiB) Viewed 3891 times
Color blocks marked Normal can be freely used, all the others have some additional function attached (water cycle, company color etc.). Everything is stated in Oskar's picture.

As for the order of the colors, I prefer to use 'palette order', which incidentally is exactly like Oskar's picture. This is how it looks in my image editor when I want to select a color:
Example6.png
Example6.png (6.79 KiB) Viewed 3889 times
Sometimes it is easier to use colors sorted by hue and brightness, then I use this picture (I believe it is originally made by George) which shows the different company colors (top row is the generic Company color).
SortedColours.png
SortedColours.png (2.21 KiB) Viewed 3886 times
Rendall
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Rendall »

Rendall wrote:

[quote] Well, in that case there is no color red and there is little blue which cann't be used most off the time. :? And beside drawing vehicles is an art. Choosing colors is the biggest part of it :mrgreen:
The colors used in the trams are from row 6 of Purno's tutorial. The only way to find out its OK is coding the tram and try out in the game. [/quote]

[EDIT!!] I have whiped out all the colors marked red and yellow out the picture. I think I get it now. I thought the colors between de normal lines could be used. But the colors above and beneath NOT marked with yellow can be used yoo. Pffff was it really that hard :oops:

Can not post my image cause there is copyright on it :x
Rendall
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Rendall »

Next project. But how I have to handle this :( I have a tram with 3 couples of wheel. But the middle of the tram is turning by itself. Doesn't have to be a problem BUT.... You cann't see that. Watch the picture and see what I mean. I can draw it in 2 or in 3 parts.

1) draw the frond of the tram with the pantograph at the rear end witch the wheels ending after the tram and a rear tram without the wheels at the front.

2) draw a front and a rear tram and a set wheels with a pantograph on to of it but... with nothing between the wheel and the pantograph.
With coding its possible. You will see the tram as 1 unit with moving parts. Or am I wrong and do I have a problem by doing that?
Attachments
Schindler_231_244[2].PNG
Schindler_231_244[2].PNG (184.54 KiB) Viewed 3776 times
DanMacK
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by DanMacK »

I think 2 parts is defintely the best way to go. Honestly, with the angle, you'd hardly be able to see the wheels anyway, what I'd recommend is a darker coloured strip 1 px high where the bogies are to show they're there, but that's it. As far as the join goes, have one wheel on the back end and one on the front, that's how it is in real life.

Hope this makes sense...
Attachments
Suggestion for splitting this tram
Suggestion for splitting this tram
TramSuggestion.png (1.33 KiB) Viewed 3687 times
Rendall
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Rendall »

Right... youre absolutely right. Well lets have it a try... Today I have finest the front of the tram. I will show it now. When something has to be done I can still do that before starting the back. Saves me some time when I have forgotten something. :mrgreen:

Don't be confused about the picture. There were 2 versions. 1 with and 1 without a second car. The picture is about the color. The scetch is the later version and is the one which I am actualy trying to draw. :!: :wink:

Be aware of the 2 "corners" which are in the front. :? I can tell you it is a hard tram to draw. I am still sweating... :P
Attachments
Schindler_231_244[3].jpg
Schindler_231_244[3].jpg (50.84 KiB) Viewed 3580 times
Schindler.PNG
Schindler.PNG (119.2 KiB) Viewed 3579 times
Schindler_part1_231_244_v1[0].PNG
Schindler_part1_231_244_v1[0].PNG (3.91 KiB) Viewed 3575 times
athanasios
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by athanasios »

The best of your work!
http://members.fortunecity.com/gamesart
"If no one is a fool I am also a fool." -The TTD maniac.

I prefer to be contacted through PMs. Thanks.

Return to “Graphics Development”