OpenTTD Updater

OpenTTD is a fully open-sourced reimplementation of TTD, written in C++, boasting improved gameplay and many new features.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

CMircea
Chairman
Chairman

OpenTTD Updater

Post by CMircea »

This will now be the official topic, the one from the suggestions forum can be locked.

Version 0.7.6 is out, it might be the last until 1.0, since it's going through a rewrite using PHP-GTK --> Cross-platform baby!

It is on sendspace: http://www.sendspace.com/file/r34m17
Last edited by CMircea on 01 Nov 2007 17:35, edited 2 times in total.
OzBabe
Engineer
Engineer

Re: OpenTTD Updater

Post by OzBabe »

Deso, sweety, just to let you know, your third link is not loadable, but ty for the updater, hugzzzzzzz

Luv,
Leanne

P.s
This is from desolators readme file for the updater
NOTE: OpenTTD Updater is available for nightly builds only. You cannot use it with stable or RC versions.

-- *** Patching *** --
From the ashes rises majestically, a golden pheonix, so do I rise from the ground to conquer all that fall before me, Known as petty servant, For I am The Death Queen of Hell.
CMircea
Chairman
Chairman

Post by CMircea »

Thanks, fixed, wrong extension (I put exe instead of zip).
CMircea
Chairman
Chairman

Post by CMircea »

Bump. Anyone got ideas for new features?
Digitalfox
Chief Executive
Chief Executive
Location: Catch the Fox if you can... Almost 20 years and counting!

Post by Digitalfox »

Desolator wrote:Bump. Anyone got ideas for new features?
It's not exactly a new feature, but how about creating a page on wiki explaining what it does and how to use it ( i know theres read me, but still ) ;)
CMircea
Chairman
Chairman

Post by CMircea »

Not 'till 1.0.
Zuu
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by Zuu »

Desolator wrote:Bump. Anyone got ideas for new features?
I've not tested your program, so I do not know if you already have implemented this. Anyway, a logical step after just doing revision checking to determinate if OpenTTD should be updated or not would be to extract the changes since last update from changes.log and display in a dialog after the update is done.
My OpenTTD contributions (AIs, Game Scripts, patches, OpenTTD Auto Updater, and some sprites)
Junctioneer (a traffic intersection simulator)
CMircea
Chairman
Chairman

Post by CMircea »

I think that sounds kinda useless, since with a nightly you always want the latest version of you have a server of want to play on servers.
DaleStan
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by DaleStan »

There's a difference between not wanting the latest version and wanting to know what's been changed in the latest version.
To get a good answer, ask a Smart Question. Similarly, if you want a bug fixed, write a Useful Bug Report. No TTDPatch crashlog? Then follow directions.
Projects: NFORenum (download) | PlaneSet (Website) | grfcodec (download) | grfdebug.log parser
smile64
Engineer
Engineer

Post by smile64 »

I've tried it. Nice work but...
1. If you already have the latest version the program will download and install it anyway. A version check, maybe?
2. I couldn't quit after the installation. Every time I pressed the Exit button, the program just said it can't download the latest version. I had to shoot it down from the Task Manager. Did I do something wrong or is it a bug?
CMircea
Chairman
Chairman

Post by CMircea »

smile64 wrote:I've tried it. Nice work but...
1. If you already have the latest version the program will download and install it anyway. A version check, maybe?
2. I couldn't quit after the installation. Every time I pressed the Exit button, the program just said it can't download the latest version. I had to shoot it down from the Task Manager. Did I do something wrong or is it a bug?
1. Please copy everything from the debug window in a text file and upload it here.
2. Already fixed in the next version. It's kinda annoying and I still don't see why it loops again (I "fixed" it by forcing the script to close).

EDIT: And about seeing what's changed in the latest nightly, you want the whole changelog, only from your previous nightly or only the latest nightly?
Zuu
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by Zuu »

Desolator wrote:EDIT: And about seeing what's changed in the latest nightly, you want the whole changelog, only from your previous nightly or only the latest nightly?
Getting a log of what have changed since last update would be preferable. But if that is so long time ago that not all changes are in changes.log I think the program do not need to lookup the rest elsewhere (SVN).

And as DaleStan pointed out, the case I had in mind was that the user have updated OpenTTD to last nightly, and want to know what have changed? What new cool features are there? Have that bug been fixed? etc... etc...
My OpenTTD contributions (AIs, Game Scripts, patches, OpenTTD Auto Updater, and some sprites)
Junctioneer (a traffic intersection simulator)
CMircea
Chairman
Chairman

Post by CMircea »

OK, and if not everything in the changes.log file since your previous revision or an error occurs, what to do? Show what it can or only the latest nightly?
CMircea
Chairman
Chairman

Post by CMircea »

Big bump. OK, OpenTTD Updater will "double-click" on your changes.log file if it has updated to a newer nightly, if you want and isn't silent, of course.
CMircea
Chairman
Chairman

Post by CMircea »

Setup:
http://www.playmenow.org/OpenTTD%20Upda ... 0Setup.exe

Patch from 0.6:
http://www.playmenow.org/OpenTTD%20Upda ... 0Patch.exe

Source (AutoPlay Media Studio, InnoSetup and Visual Patch Express project files):
http://www.playmenow.org/OpenTTD%20Upda ... ojects.zip

More GPL stuff added to the readme, renamed license file to COPYING (no extension), lots of bugs fixed, new -d command-line argument, readme file shown by the installer before installing, released on my birthday anniversary though it was on 8 August but I was in vacation.
Attachments
readme.txt
I strongly recommend to read it if you are patching, or read it on the installer. Doesn't hurt if you spend 2 minutes reading it.
(3.89 KiB) Downloaded 267 times
CMircea
Chairman
Chairman

Post by CMircea »

0.7.5:

Setup:
http://www.playmenow.org/OpenTTD%20Upda ... 0Setup.exe

Patch from 0.7:
http://www.playmenow.org/OpenTTD%20Upda ... 0Patch.exe

Source (AutoPlay Media Studio, InnoSetup and Visual Patch Express project files):
http://www.playmenow.org/OpenTTD%20Upda ... ojects.zip

Prettier dialogs and a few bug fixes.
Dave_McMahon
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Dave_McMahon »

I just installed the 0.75 version and it bombed out after install

OTTD was not running at the time and is currently 10839 This is the contents of the debug window

[3]: Debug.ShowWindow(true);
[6]: if _CommandLineArgs then
[8]: for numCmdIndex, strCmdLine in _CommandLineArgs do
[32]: if File.DoesExist(_SourceFolder .. "\\openttd.exe") then
TRACE: LastError = 0 ("Success.")
[34]: strGameFolder = _SourceFolder;
[37]: boolIsGameFolder = true;
[50]: if Folder.DoesExist(strTempUpdate) == false then
[52]: Folder.Create(strTempUpdate);
[53]: end

[2]: if boolIsSilent == true then
[11]: end

[2]: if boolIsGameFolder == true then
[4]: Button.SetEnabled("Browse", false);
[5]: end

********* Edit *********
Maybe I was too hasty as after a few seconds it downloaded the new version and now the yellow and black bar (nice :) ) comes up and UPDATE is now yellowed

didn't have time to tell you how welcome this program is saves more wear and tear on the mouse downloading and win-raring the file then navigating to folder then cut and pasting the contents!!!

Thank you.
David McMahon
CMircea
Chairman
Chairman

Post by CMircea »

Thanks. I though about many utilities for OTTD nightlies and an updater is a great choice.
Dave_McMahon
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Dave_McMahon »

I think integration with OTTD would be the next step, can it be done? Good luck if you pursue it
David McMahon
CMircea
Chairman
Chairman

Post by CMircea »

I can't do it since they're coded in very different languages.

Return to “General OpenTTD”