[OTTD] My First Major Scenario

Post your custom scenarios here. Saved games also welcome. All Transport Tycoon games acceptable (including TTDPatch and OpenTTD).
OzBabe
Engineer
Engineer

[OTTD] My First Major Scenario

Post by OzBabe »

Hi hi all it's Leanne here

well as you all know im still new to OTTD and love it, day 7 of no sl;eep playing and
I amnow creating my first scenario, here are the specs

OTTD VERSION 0.5.3. R2
using these patches so far
Brick freight station
japanese landscape patch
Planset-the 459 remix for windows
Total town replacement set v3.0.2a

Have not configured many other patches as yet or settings but i have set to build multiple indutries close to each other and such

this town is done on the largest scale 2048 x 2048
I have only just begun to do it, so it is a work in prgress and please feel free to make suggestions, comments
on this so far
As you can see, I have 2 scale model town sets, each set as 4 wide and 3 long giving a total of 12
towns per set, each town set has 6 lanes cleared in each 4 lot.................
goods, mail and passengers

Hope it looks ok, just done it on flat land no hills or such as yet as i want to ":GET USE" to the game
before i go to deep into it, (coughs gently at dry joke )
GiantService.scn
this is my first major scenario ( day 7 no sleep ) hmm maybe im addicted already perhaps????????, pmsl
(111.56 KiB) Downloaded 391 times
From the ashes rises majestically, a golden pheonix, so do I rise from the ground to conquer all that fall before me, Known as petty servant, For I am The Death Queen of Hell.
Tom0004
Chairman
Chairman

Re: My First Major Scenario

Post by Tom0004 »

couple of tips, when creating a scn file, don't use any GRF's. and feel free to add it to the SCN thread, instead of making a new one.

and well done on you addtion to the OTTD world !! :D
OzBabe
Engineer
Engineer

Post by OzBabe »

thanks and will do
From the ashes rises majestically, a golden pheonix, so do I rise from the ground to conquer all that fall before me, Known as petty servant, For I am The Death Queen of Hell.
XeryusTC
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by XeryusTC »

Using newgrfs in scenarios is indeed not prefered, but we can change/override them with our own so it isn't such a big deal.

I haven't looked into your scenario as I don't really like to play in singleplayer on anything larger than 256x512 and there is no chance that #openttdcoop will be hosting this size maps anytime soon :(.
Don't panic - My YouTube channel - Follow me on twitter (@XeryusTC) - Play Tribes: Ascend - Tired of Dropbox? Try SpiderOak (use this link and we both get 1GB extra space)
OpenTTD: manual #openttdcoop: blog | wiki | public server | NewGRF pack | DevZone
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
OzBabe
Engineer
Engineer

Post by OzBabe »

thats cool, was not expecting coop to host it but just put it up so people can see my own scn im now creating, lol. :D

when i get it right i will reduce the size to 512 x 512,

Just creating at the moment to get used toscn builder

have fun
:D

Luv,
Leanne

P.s
Now removed all newgrfs..........
OzBabe
Engineer
Engineer

Post by OzBabe »

Hi Hi all Love n hugs to each and all

Just added my first finished scenario build single player ( grumbles blahhhhhhhhhhh , wussy i am ,) giggles, to scenario section, when iget better at scenarios will make even more, toadd here, hope its ok with everyone????

It is toyland 1950 starting and 2051 finish
256 x 256 no hills though there is an island

just basic compared to the many isee here
so dont judge too harshly ok plz???? :D :D :D :D :D

ok thats it from me, its crawling time, for more grf's,

oh btw no "newgrfs were applied to the scenario at all

luv'
Leanne
dev|ant
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by dev|ant »

OzBabe wrote:day 7 of no sleep playing
:shock:

Please try and get some sleep. OTTD will still be there when you wake up. :wink:
orudge
Administrator
Administrator

Post by orudge »

Heh, I played OpenTTD for pretty much 24 hours straight once (minus some breaks for fresh air and food and suchlike). That was bad enough, really - whenever I closed my eyes, I saw little squares. I dreamt about TTD that night. Not something I plan on doing again. :P
OzBabe
Engineer
Engineer

Post by OzBabe »

lol, that is bad, , ok i think now i done my first scenario i will go get some sleep,,lol

well, first working and finished scenario,, yes you have a good point deviant, it will be there when iwake ans forever more............... well least on my computer anyways..............

lol

well im going to bed, have fun and godbless

luv,
Leanne :P :P :wink:
Sir A. Boey
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Sir A. Boey »

Hey there OzBabe ,

Nice start, but I've seen that you destroyed all the roads in the centre of the towns...
Here you could encouter some problems, when you build rails on these spots
the cities will after some time dissapear!!! Because the city uses somehow that
centred space as base for the growth of the town. It's difficult to explain but the city will
dissapear. Keep up the good work and who knows in time you might have created a scenario that will
be in the openttdcoop..

greetz
Attachments
Test.PNG
Test.PNG (79.68 KiB) Viewed 8192 times
_____________# If you believe in it, you can achieve it" # ____________
__________________# Check out My Closed Platform #___________________
OzBabe
Engineer
Engineer

Post by OzBabe »

ty for the comments sir, they help A LOT.

I did that for a reason, destroying the centre roads, reason i did that being that i could build
a rail infrastructure ( which I have now done ) with a feeding station at the edge of the multi city point
for all the goods to be shipped to and from.............

thus leaving me free to get all my passenger and mail network setup and running smoothly...

In my scenario, i im upto year 2009, and still no sufficient passenger, mail routes really defined as yet

though im going to work on this and see what i can accomplish on a 512 x 512 map..........

will re-post the scenario if you want tosee what im saying better

thanks going to go work on my 512 now..............

Luv,
Leanne :P
Dopefish_lives
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Dopefish_lives »

what i don't like about this scenario is that it's concentrated on that corner.
OzBabe
Engineer
Engineer

Post by OzBabe »

yes, it is concentrated on the corner a bit dopelish,, and ty for the comments .......

I am working ona 512 x 512 map at the moment, trying to make what i hope
will be an island oasis..................... using toyland and the other 3 map types
I will put each one upas i make them,,,,,

maybe, who knows but i will let you know when they are up, if i decide torelease them

i will work on improving the game map, so thanks

Love n HUgz
Leanne
:P
OzBabe
Engineer
Engineer

Post by OzBabe »

Here is "My Island Oasis Scenario"

Done on 1024 x 1024

I tried to make it for multi player in servers, i dont know if it is ok or not

No Newgrfs applied, set at 1950 starting and 2051 finish,,

Idea of the scenario briefly is to xonstruct, land or bridges and conect the industries to the right factory.....

Can be found in the scenario sticky section

Well good luck and have fun

Hugz n Luv
Leanne :P

P.s if im still not that good at it i will give up after this and keep them to use on my website maybe
, thanks every1, hugzzzzzzzz
OzBabe
Engineer
Engineer

Post by OzBabe »

ok fixed the scenario for Island Oasis, made more land majopr cities and more industries

hugz n Luv,
Leanne

:(
Tom0004
Chairman
Chairman

Post by Tom0004 »

it's a learning process, you don't have to remake a SCN file, but learn from what people say, and try to implement it in your next.

and don't take what we say, as everyone's view is different, just that not everyone look in this topic, or feel the need to post
OzBabe
Engineer
Engineer

Post by OzBabe »

I am enjoying posting this one scenario as i think it is a 100% improvement on my first flop of a scenario
and i love learning to design in openttd 0.5.3 rc2 as it has many more options and freedom. ( grumbles to self, dang not having 20000kmh trains with 10000hp, )

But this is an improvement again on top of this better one, now loaded in scenario section

and ty for the post 000 hugzzzz

Luv n Hugz,
Leanne
DeletedUser6
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by DeletedUser6 »

OzBabe wrote: grumbles to self, dang not having 20000kmh trains with 10000hp
About that....

This cant pull any thing but at least its supersonic,
After converting a Voyager to the normal type, Its quite wierd a steel truck pulling a iron ore hopper!

thats the 20000km/h trains check!
Attachments
this cant pull any thing but at least its supersonic,After converting a Voyager to the normal type its quite wierd a steel truck pulling a iron ore hopper!
this cant pull any thing but at least its supersonic,After converting a Voyager to the normal type its quite wierd a steel truck pulling a iron ore hopper!
silly thing!.jpg (222.08 KiB) Viewed 894 times
Yay! I'm back! Did you miss me?

I thought not.

Return to “Scenarios and Saved Games”