Integrated Version ChrisIN-Final-1 [2008/03/12] *r11485*

Forum for technical discussions regarding development. If you have a general suggestion, problem or comment, please use one of the other forums.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

chrissicom
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Integrated Version ChrisIN-Final-1 [2008/03/12] *r11485*

Post by chrissicom »

A new maintained release of ChrisIN is available here: http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=36622

Credits for the patches go to the original authors! (every patch is linked for additional info)
Savegame compatibility of current build was tested with:
OpenTTD 0.5.x, r9768 up to ChrisIN revision (should work with older revisions as well), r11192-ChrisIN and above.
Savegame Compatibility History (the second build is the last version loading savegames from the first build):
r10341- up to r10351-ChrisIN; r10351- up to r10488-ChrisIN; r10488- up to r10580-ChrisIN; r10507- up to r10780-ChrisIN; r10580- up to r10982-ChrisIN;
r10604- up to r11060-ChrisIN; r10931- up to r11174-ChrisIN; r11174- up to r11192-ChrisIN.

Latest Win32 Build: (.diff and seperate .grf files below)
openttd-r11485-ChrisIN.zip
Latest build for Win32 Systems including language files and required grf files.
(2.47 MiB) Downloaded 760 times
Thanks to ukdmbfan for offering a MAC version: http://www.mattedesign.co.uk/openttd/chrisin/
How to install the binary build
Simply extract the .zip directly into your OpenTTD folder and replace any existing files. If you do not want to replace files you can also copy your OpenTTD folder to a new location and replace the files there so you can keep your original installation. Your original install should be 0.5.x or newer or you might require additional files that are not provided by the above .zip.

This version of ChrisIN is final and will not be updated with new patches or to newer trunk revisions!

33 active patches in alphabetical order (7 were added to trunk already and 1 was removed): ChrisIN IRC Channel
[url]irc://irc.oftc.net/#openttd.ChrisIN[/url]

Additional thanks to:
There are too many people to mention so before I miss somebody and mention individual people, I want to thank all the developers and testers for helping me with the code, syncing and of course testing and playing this build!! :))

Please post any bugs or suggestions and don't hesitate to ask me to include a patch. Most important requirement for inclusion is, that it does not break savegame compatiblity and does not contain serious and/or obvious bugs. :)) Also please don't be angry if I don't include a patch, not every patch is easy to keep synced and also some patches are interesting to a very limited amount of people only, making it less attractive for this build or may be in trunk in a similar way anyway. Thanks for your understanding!

Thanks to Desolator for offering a Windows 98 compatible version of r11355: http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?p=639002#p639002[/quote]
Attachments
ChrisIN-required-GRFs-v4.zip
Required .grf files if you compile yourself using the .diff file. Copy to /data but do not include in NewGRF. In addition you need all the .grf files from a recent nightly .zip.
(393.37 KiB) Downloaded 507 times
r11386-ChrisIN.diff
.diff of previous release.
(528.47 KiB) Downloaded 446 times
Last edited by chrissicom on 16 Jul 2013 07:53, edited 221 times in total.
XeryusTC
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by XeryusTC »

Your thread title says r1029, which is kinda outdated and doesn't reflect the revision in your diff ;).
Don't panic - My YouTube channel - Follow me on twitter (@XeryusTC) - Play Tribes: Ascend - Tired of Dropbox? Try SpiderOak (use this link and we both get 1GB extra space)
OpenTTD: manual #openttdcoop: blog | wiki | public server | NewGRF pack | DevZone
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
chrissicom
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by chrissicom »

XeryusTC wrote:Your thread title says r1029, which is kinda outdated and doesn't reflect the revision in your diff ;).
Yeah sorry I just noticed the thread title was 1 character too long. Already fixed :D
rav
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by rav »

nice IN package! :)

a few patch suggestions for network building:
- passengers/mail with destinations (if possible)
- copy & paste tracks (IMHO one of the best patches for networkers :p )
- New orders window

great work already and I'll try to compile it today :)
Maedhros
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by Maedhros »

Good luck syncing it. :wink:
No-one's more important than the earthworm.
chrissicom
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by chrissicom »

rav wrote:nice IN package! :)

a few patch suggestions for network building:
- passengers/mail with destinations (if possible)
- copy & paste tracks (IMHO one of the best patches for networkers :p )
- New orders window

great work already and I'll try to compile it today :)
The copy paste patch from here http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?t=25037 integrates nicely with a patched version using my .diff file, although it also requires a grf, that's why I didn't include it right away.

I am thinking about the passenger destinations, but I think that patch is not working well so far.
MJS
Director
Director

Post by MJS »

How about the autoslope ('build under slopes') patch?
FooBar
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by FooBar »

Very nice indeed 8)

I really would love to see Signal Auto Completion in the IN soon. That's about the only patch I use because it saves a lot of time. Compiling with more patches than that is not possible for me. Don't have the tools (BuildOTTD supports only one patch at a time) or knowledge.

But...
What about PBS? Would be really great to be able to use that again with a current version of trunk.

Keep up the good work.
Frostregen
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Frostregen »

If you want to include copy&paste, you may link directly to the needed .grf.
Or include it into some "needed package.zip" with other grf's or whatever. ;)
chrissicom
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by chrissicom »

Frostregen wrote:If you want to include copy&paste, you may link directly to the needed .grf.
Or include it into some "needed package.zip" with other grf's or whatever. ;)
Thanks I'll see today if I can integrate it with the other patches :)
rav
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by rav »

can you post a win32 exe? pwitty please :)
prissi
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by prissi »

Passenger destinations does not go well with the current new cargopackets code and would need some work to do. See the respective thread for details.
FooBar
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by FooBar »

Here you go.

Win32 build of r10306 with r10306_chrisin.diff compiled using BuildOTTD.

You have to put the music and original game data in yourself.
Attachments
trunk_r10306_r10306_chrisin.diff_24-6-2007_22-35-24.zip
ChrisIN r10306 win32
(2.23 MiB) Downloaded 570 times
Bilbo
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Bilbo »

I used mingw+msys to compile it and ...

Seems to crash right away when loading any (valid) savegame or right after start when run with -d 999 parameter (crash is somewhere in msvcrt.dll ... thats all useful info I got from the crash report in windows)

When I recompiled after "./configure --enable-debug=1 --disable-strip", the savegame crashes now only produces messages about "broken savegame, invalid chunk size". I thought broken savegames should be reported correctly not only in debug mode ...

As for the -d 999 crash, that is what I got from gdb:

Program received signal SIGSEGV, Segmentation fault.
FindWindowById (cls=2284984, number=4376087) at e:/source/svn.openttd.org/miniin/src/window.cpp:365
365 if (w->window_class == cls && w->window_number == number) return w;
Current language: auto; currently c++
(gdb) bt
#0 FindWindowById (cls=2284984, number=4376087) at e:/source/svn.openttd.org/miniin/src/window.cpp:365
#1 0x00000000 in ?? ()
(gdb)

Weird.

Also, the graphs (cargo payment rates) seems to randomly redraw themselves or change type when resized (consistently reverting the speed to 24km/h when type set to "Income") and having distance on one axis limited to 200 tiles is not sufficient for 2048 tiles maps

Also, the "Toolbar Overlap Fix" does not fix overlapping of signal gui :)

And for the copy & paste stuff - when I ran out of money, it won't build anything anymore (as I would logically expect) but it still subtracts the money (I got quickly to about -100M money when trying to build something (unsuccessfully) on water :)

Nice work putting all this together, but there are still some bugs to fix ... :)
Frostregen
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Frostregen »

About copy&paste:
This is strange, because copy&paste uses the default Commands for building something.

Also it does not happen to me when using trunk+copy&paste.

Did it happen in multiplayer or singleplayer?

Are you able to bulldoze water (or build anything) when not having enough money?
chrissicom
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by chrissicom »

Thanks for your input Bilbo. I will fix the toolbar overlap fix, it was written for the original code and therefore doesn't work for additional patches without modification.

The copy & paste error is strange I haven't experienced like that yet, but I'll try to reproduce it.

The redrawing of the cargo payment rates is due to inflation. If you have inflation turned off payment rates don't change during the game and the graph should stay as it is. I have noticed the speed bug once but I was not able to reproduce it unfortunately so I don't know the exact reason for it. Try to figure it out though.

I currently work on a redone version of the IN patch which will load 0.5.2 savegames and HEAD revision. I will remove any patches that cause problems with loading savegames.

If you find any other errors please let me know :-)
Bilbo
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Bilbo »

Frostregen wrote:About copy&paste:
This is strange, because copy&paste uses the default Commands for building something.

Also it does not happen to me when using trunk+copy&paste.

Did it happen in multiplayer or singleplayer?

Are you able to bulldoze water (or build anything) when not having enough money?
I tried it only in singleplayer (since the build will be incompatible with most multiplayer servers)

I tried the trunk+copy & paste binary from other thread and it worked fine. Maybe it is caused either by some bug caused by interaction between the patches or some bug that will manifest itself only when using mingw ...

I was not able to build anything, the function just eat more and more money. Though I have not tried if the sole building without help of the copy & paste tool suffer from this too. I'll investigate this once I get back to my home computer.
Bilbo
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Bilbo »

chrissicom wrote:The redrawing of the cargo payment rates is due to inflation. If you have inflation turned off payment rates don't change during the game and the graph should stay as it is. I have noticed the speed bug once but I was not able to reproduce it unfortunately so I don't know the exact reason for it. Try to figure it out though.
Well, what is worse, each redraw seem to reset the settings of the graph and often only parts of the graph are redrawn (so for some moments, the graph contain some random line sections). I resized the graph to almost full screen in hope to see the details and in thios size the graph redraws/resets so often, that it is quite unusable.
charlieg
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by charlieg »

Please consider this for inclusion:
http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?t=32677
Open source tycoon games
--
Free Gamer - open source and Free Software games
FreeGameDev forums - open source game development community
rav
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by rav »

charlieg wrote:Please consider this for inclusion:
http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?t=32677
why? it's only a change in the game's code, and adds no functionality at all... in fact, it might even break certain patches

Return to “OpenTTD Development”