[OTTD] Scenarios

Post your custom scenarios here. Saved games also welcome. All Transport Tycoon games acceptable (including TTDPatch and OpenTTD).
thebrightside
Engineer
Engineer

Post by thebrightside »

West Coast Map.

West Coast map. Height:2048 Width:1024
Populations based on @ 1% value of actual populations in 1920. Towns included are the ones listed as main towns in 1920 census, large towns in the present and towns of notice on recource maps.
Recources, Factories, Powerplants based on approximate actual location.

2 Versions. Grfx and Non. Both start in 1920. Us of US trainsset in gfx set. Alternative is North American Renewal set. Though the maximum speed of trains here is lower than on the UStrainset.

Have fun. Comments, suggestions or requests? Feel free to PM me.
Attachments
WestCoastORG.scn
West Coast Original Version
(2.71 MiB) Downloaded 984 times
WestCoastGrfx.scn
West Coast GRF Version
(2.71 MiB) Downloaded 766 times
WestCgraf.png
Used GRF files.
(103.33 KiB) Downloaded 867 times
Last edited by thebrightside on 02 Jun 2007 11:28, edited 2 times in total.
Sleepie
Director
Director

Post by Sleepie »

Heya thebrightside you aren't lazy :) Thanks for your latest contributions. They'll be added to the database, but I can't say when atm so you have to be patient yet I'm afraid.

Just out of interest what's the map size?

Cheers

Sleepie
Denke nie gedacht zu haben, denn das Denken der Gedanken ist gedankenloses Denken.
Wiki Page/Talk, Member of the OpenTTD Scenarios Team
Looking for OpenTTD scenarios? - Here's a List of player-made scenarios. Please help us grow the database with your contributions.
thebrightside
Engineer
Engineer

Post by thebrightside »

No worries. I'm not in a hurry. I actually have more, but I don't want to clog up the thread with only my stuff, so I wait a while before I release them. When I'm done I want to have finished maps for all the countries that I know there are train sets of. So currently 2 more us maps, a germany map, a netherlands(or benelux) map, a france map and a east Canadian map. That's basically my goal for now. :lol:
Sleepie
Director
Director

Post by Sleepie »

Sounds great :D I'm looking forward to it. Well I'll keep you informed here or via PM when the database is updated 8)
Denke nie gedacht zu haben, denn das Denken der Gedanken ist gedankenloses Denken.
Wiki Page/Talk, Member of the OpenTTD Scenarios Team
Looking for OpenTTD scenarios? - Here's a List of player-made scenarios. Please help us grow the database with your contributions.
RustyCabbage
Engineer
Engineer

Post by RustyCabbage »

Well hello there kind people!

Anyway more to the point i have been playing OpenTTD for a few months and Transport Tycoon for many years, Well until the disk was stood on and snapped down the middle. But really although i have played these games for such a long total time, i haven't ever bothered to build my own maps...

Eventually i ran aground on this particular topic in this particular forum and decided if these guys have made so many maps why not i give it a go!? So thats what i did, Built a map based on my local area and some other areas around it too give it more depth. Well I built it from scratch with some help from Google Maps so i could get the towns and roads rather accurately named and placed.

(Note: The trees and most of the industries were randomly placed by the computer the rest of the map was done by me!)

So Enjoy Inverness Region... Oh and can somebody please PM me the link to any introduction topics for new people you may have! Thanks oh and the GRF Files i used are in the link below... Next time i will go for 'Vanilla' style scenarios without any GRF Files on!

http://img503.imageshack.us/img503/2536 ... regnp1.png

If you cant find the long vehicles i got them here
http://www.ttdpatch.net/newgrf.html ---- 9th One Down
Attachments
Inverness Region.scn
Hope you enjoy the scenario...
(65.82 KiB) Downloaded 607 times
Fry3k
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Fry3k »

I just finished another one... contains the south area of the german Bundesland Rheinland-Pfalz, for an overview over the exact area check out the screenshot.

CLIMATE: Temperate
SIZE: 2048 x 1024
STARTING YEAR: 1920
# of TOWNS: around 130
# of INDUSTRIES: normal

EDIT: I didn't know that scenarios are linked to the used newgrf files. When i started editing there were "long vehicles, stolen trees and new bridges" included. Is there a way to chance the newgrfs beeing used? If i want to change them in the scenario, the game crashes during saving, only leaving a "too many sprites" - error message
Attachments
sw_rlp.jpg
(762.54 KiB) Downloaded 500 times
sw_rlp_final.scn
(3.06 MiB) Downloaded 667 times
ostlandr
Chairman
Chairman

New York State and surrounding areas v2

Post by ostlandr »

I fixed the canals so that locks can be placed properly. Also made the hills hillier and added a couple other tweaks. This was basically practice with the scenario editor- wanted to tackle something smaller before I get back to work on the 2048 x 2048 US map :roll:

(original version was posted to thread "my first contribution" instead of here.)
Attachments
New York State and surrounding area v2.scn
(50.49 KiB) Downloaded 716 times
Who is John Galt?
Deep Blue
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Deep Blue »

Here is a map I made. Subtropical, I think you'll like it, although it doesn't do to much weird terraforming or anything. r10026 though.
Attachments
Desert Tracking Overview.png
An overview of the map.
(45.65 KiB) Downloaded 458 times
Desert Tracking.scn
The main file. Have fun!
(163.47 KiB) Downloaded 2402 times
Desert Tracking Industry View.png
Industries. All Custom Placed.
(31.15 KiB) Downloaded 282 times
Last edited by Deep Blue on 08 Jun 2007 20:03, edited 1 time in total.
Deep Blue
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Deep Blue »

Oh, and if anyone ever finishes (part of) my map, please e-mail me the results. I think it'll be interesting how you people solve my map.
nezzybaby
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by nezzybaby »

I had a play on yours deep blue, its exactly the kind of map size i like, and not played much on desert so thought id give it a try, the following pictures are from my current game. Limited all the trains to length 3 and up to 320 of them. Im still working on it, got some pretty big bottlenecks at the moment, but heres some screenshots of current progress:
Attachments
1 of the 2 main cities
1 of the 2 main cities
Sharkey & Co., 20th Nov 2060.png (222.89 KiB) Viewed 6616 times
main factory
main factory
Sharkey & Co., 10th Nov 2060.png (180.48 KiB) Viewed 6615 times
main map overview
main map overview
Sharkey & Co., 21st Oct 2060.png (75.17 KiB) Viewed 6723 times
Deep Blue
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Deep Blue »

I put it up there, like, yesterday, and someone has played my map this much already :) I am honored. Really, really awesome nezzybaby :D! Thanks!
I started this map too, but I didn't get very far as of yet.
Nice work. Be sure to send/post the .sav when done.
I think I agree with you about the size, I prefer medium-sized maps too because networks do get complicated and interesting, but it is still possible to connect everything. Although I suppose it has been done, who'll finish a 1kx1k or even 2kx2k?
nezzybaby
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by nezzybaby »

one day ill get working on completing a 2kX2k, but will take forever. Biggest problem will be number of trains and the associated strain put on my poor little processor. At the moment i'm happier with lots of little trains on a nice tight network.

oh and thanks for the map ;)
Youri219
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Youri219 »

nezzybaby wrote:one day ill get working on completing a 2kX2k, but will take forever. Biggest problem will be number of trains and the associated strain put on my poor little processor. At the moment i'm happier with lots of little trains on a nice tight network.

oh and thanks for the map ;)
You can't complete a randomly generated 2kx2k map at all. There's a hard coded limit of 5000 trains, which is not enough to connect everything (and keep a sufficient rating).

I was working on a 1kx1k map once and estimated it would hit about 4k trains already.
Deep Blue
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Deep Blue »

Youri219 wrote: You can't complete a randomly generated 2kx2k map at all. There's a hard coded limit of 5000 trains, which is not enough to connect everything (and keep a sufficient rating).

I was working on a 1kx1k map once and estimated it would hit about 4k trains already.
Hmm... I think it depends. You can always make VERY long trains and a lot of rail, it could work, or maybe it is possible with industries on very low. I think it is possible, just not probable.
This is going off-topic though...
RustyCabbage
Engineer
Engineer

Post by RustyCabbage »

Well here is my second scenario!

Run To The Hills - Can you build a successful transport company with the threat of severe flooding looming over you?
Attachments
Yes here is part of the sea wall!
Yes here is part of the sea wall!
Sea Wall - OpenTTD - Run To The Hills.PNG (149.85 KiB) Viewed 6784 times
Run To The Hills.zip
(412.99 KiB) Downloaded 540 times
Luukland
Engineer
Engineer

Jamaica Scenario

Post by Luukland »

Heya,

After a long period of testing, i finally made a real-looking map, of the island Jamaica. The elevations are all real, and the towns are also placed, on the position they are in the real world. The factories are strategically placed, so that this map is for sure, difficult enough.

The settings are based on "hard". But only with:
- 150.000 max loan
- 0 competitors

CLIMATE: Tropical
SIZE: 256 x 256
STARTING YEAR: 1947
NEW GRF'S: none

©Luukland Productions. 2007. All rights reserved.
Attachments
Screen shot of the island Jamaica
Screen shot of the island Jamaica
Jamaica.png (126.48 KiB) Viewed 6693 times
Jamaica 1947.scn
Scenario Of Jamaica
(33.88 KiB) Downloaded 5086 times
Luukland
Engineer
Engineer

The Netherlands

Post by Luukland »

Heya,

My second scenario for today. Made from scratch, a really good looking copy of the Netherlands. With the "afsluitdijk" and the "veluwe" being mentioned, it is pretty well build. The small islands have not been forgotten, just like the coalmines in the South of Limburg. The AEX in Amsterdam, and the Steelmills near Ijmuiden, are making this map, better, than the useless ones before.

The settings are based on "hard". But only with:
- 150.000 max loan
- 0 competitors

CLIMATE: Temperate
SIZE: 256 x 256
STARTING YEAR: 1947
NEW GRF'S: none

©Luukland Productions. 2007. All rights reserved.

There are different targets, you can chose:
- Passenger Transport, Groningen-Brussel
- Freight, from the German Ruhr area, to Rotterdam
- Oil from the north sea is also a profit making business
- Livestock and Grain, from Germany, to north Brabant
- Air transport from Amsterdam - Aachen

As you can see, there is enough for everyone, on this pretty small scale map of the Netherlands.
Attachments
Screenshot, from the Netherlands scenario
Screenshot, from the Netherlands scenario
Netherlands.png (22.23 KiB) Viewed 6753 times
Netherlands.scn
The Scenario: ©Luukland Productions. 2007.
(64.72 KiB) Downloaded 603 times
Luukland
Engineer
Engineer

Scenario The Netherlands V 1.1

Post by Luukland »

Heya,

Reversion of the Netherlands map

Fixed:
- Town name "Den Bos" -> "Den Bosch"
- Deleted Coal Mine near "Amersfoort"

Added:
- 3 rivers: the Maas, the Rijn and the Ijssel

©Luukland Productions. 2007
Attachments
Netherlands.scn
Version 1.1 of the Netherlands map. ©Luukland Productions. 2007
(66.16 KiB) Downloaded 5827 times
Bartjeh
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Bartjeh »

Oe, i'm missing my hometown. Altho it would be pretty small on the map. But i'm definitly gonna give this a try tuesday. :) :)
Deep Blue
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Deep Blue »

Luukland, nice map, but where is Leiden? Come on, there is zoetermeer, then there should be leiden... and leiden is cooler than zoetermeer anyway :p and if youre looking for anything to improve, the utrechtse heuvelrug would be nice :)

If i ever get into it enough, i might do a 1kx1k or even 2kx2k map of the netherlands, using the bosatlas for reference in height (and maybe a heightmap) and townsizes. But i doubt it. actually, id like for someone else to do that :p im lazy i know...

Return to “Scenarios and Saved Games”