Patch: New orders window

Forum for technical discussions regarding development. If you have a general suggestion, problem or comment, please use one of the other forums.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

skidd13
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by skidd13 »

UPDATE!

Evil on liners :evil: :evil:

After adding one line (more or less) drag and drop works.

Also cleaned up the code.
What does that mean - the circumstances? I determine what circumstances prevail. -- Napoleon Bonaparte
---
If we cannot end now our differences, at least we can help make the world safe for diversity. -- John F. Kennedy
---
Our problems are man-made, therefore they may be solved by man. No problem of human destiny is beyond human beings. -- John F. Kennedy
SyncViews
Engineer
Engineer

Post by SyncViews »

drag and drop between windows or just within the one window?
skidd13
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by skidd13 »

SyncViews wrote:drag and drop between windows or just within the one window?
You can change the ordes of ONE order list.
What does that mean - the circumstances? I determine what circumstances prevail. -- Napoleon Bonaparte
---
If we cannot end now our differences, at least we can help make the world safe for diversity. -- John F. Kennedy
---
Our problems are man-made, therefore they may be solved by man. No problem of human destiny is beyond human beings. -- John F. Kennedy
skidd13
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by skidd13 »

And another update. Mostly coding style. After telling vim to show up space's and tab's it's easier to see superfluous char's. :)
---
---
boekabart
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by boekabart »

Win32 binary for v2, r9856
Attachments
orders_window_r9856_v2_win32.zip
(755.99 KiB) Downloaded 118 times
CMircea
Chairman
Chairman

Post by CMircea »

I'm slow....
Zojj
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Zojj »

This patch is great!
skidd13 wrote: I'm thinking over the button placement:
In the icon-button-bar should only be the most used buttons (only 3-4).
The text-button-bar should include the remaining buttons.
Goto and skip should really be in the icon-button-bar.
Now the question is which button(s) is needed often too?
I use Go To, Full Load, Skip, and Delete the most, in that order.

The x y z buttons make it look pretty complicated, when it isnt. =) What if Go To was just an arrow, skip was a curved arrow jumping over something, and delete was a red X? Full load could be an open-top box with a curved arrow pointing into it.
I'm on the Zoloft to keep me from killing yall

My patches: Better graphs - Train acceleration - Crash rates
skidd13
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by skidd13 »

Zojj wrote:This patch is great!
Nice to hear. 8)
Zojj wrote:I use Go To, Full Load, Skip, and Delete the most, in that order.
I don't want to add full load or any other sub button as image button (I'm working on something).
Zojj wrote:The x y z buttons make it look pretty complicated, when it isnt. =) What if Go To was just an arrow, skip was a curved arrow jumping over something, and delete was a red X? Full load could be an open-top box with a curved arrow pointing into it.
I used the original cursor as template. A kind of order/list should be visualised in the icon. Sure it's not a really nice solution, but it is the most fitting one to the other icons.
---
---
nzhook
Engineer
Engineer

Post by nzhook »

skidd13 wrote:
nzhook wrote:Ok, this is not entirely for the GUI, but could you add the ability to select an existing orders window and copy/share it.
Click on the vehicle does the job either.
Yup, works well until they are in the depot fir replacement. My current method is to send the train out of the depot and stop it before it turns around (when it gets to another track type) which is rather silly (and stops the working trains at the closest signal.)
nzhook wrote:Additionally, if you get drag and drop working will we be able to drag from one order set to the other. (eg. move an order between vechs)
Drag and drop is such a thing in OTTD, adding a button or changing it's behavior is quite simple, but I don't get this damned drag and drop working.
Draging a order between two vehicles would require more work than it's worth. IMO (ATM) :)
Goes with the above suggestion really. (although there have been other times)
But its not a requirement, would just be cool. (now that you have D&D working)
skidd13
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by skidd13 »

Patch updated. Last version contained a bug. :(

Now everything should be ok again.
Optimised the button settings algorithm too.

[EDIT]Further update after recent trunk changes.
---
---
skidd13
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by skidd13 »

Experimental new display. ATM out of order. Just a concept.

[EDIT] Fixed and included in the patch. Thanks to Rubidium.

[EDIT2] New icons concepts attached.
Attachments
preview.png
preview.png (2.57 KiB) Viewed 4907 times
---
---
skidd13
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by skidd13 »

Patch updated against current trunk.

And don't forget to vote for your favourite iconset!! ;)
---
---
Digitalfox
Chief Executive
Chief Executive
Location: Catch the Fox if you can... Almost 20 years and counting!

Post by Digitalfox »

Well i vote "I" it seems more easy for me to understand :o
l_Blue_l
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by l_Blue_l »

i like I and VI but i do think BI could stand out a bit more with a larger red line.

@skidd13: On a side note when i finish my skip order patches i think that the skip function should be moved to the new / expanded gui system with the other skip order.
Zojj
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Zojj »

Learning SVG so I made these. =) This is what I had suggested earlier.
Attachments
simple arrows.svg
(9.99 KiB) Downloaded 251 times
simple arrows.png
simple arrows.png (4.02 KiB) Viewed 4729 times
I'm on the Zoloft to keep me from killing yall

My patches: Better graphs - Train acceleration - Crash rates
skidd13
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by skidd13 »

Zojj wrote:Learning SVG so I made these. =) This is what I had suggested earlier.
The problem is that the icons aren't clear enougth.
Thats why I have to edit the Set #1.

Rubidium: Hope its better now.

New ones are IH, IL.
Attachments
preview.png
preview.png (1.44 KiB) Viewed 5149 times
---
---
skidd13
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by skidd13 »

I think the poll has shown enought. I keept to near to the style of SET I. But I changed it cause some dev's think they are too unclear.
Thanks to all the votes to help me finding the right style.

Added also the new cursor and updated the patch. :)

Hope it's fine now.

Can a moderator please kill the poll. Thanks.
---
---
skidd13
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by skidd13 »

Due the concerns of some dev's regarding icons for goto, delete and skip I rewrote the gui back to a textbtn gui. So no changes to the openttd.grf, etc.

Have fun with the TEXTBTN's. ;)
Attachments
orders_window_r10029.patch
(53.18 KiB) Downloaded 184 times
Corocoro Transport, 4th Nov 1982.png
Corocoro Transport, 4th Nov 1982.png (64.13 KiB) Viewed 5437 times
---
---
Wolf01
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Wolf01 »

what does change from the normal gui?
(except for the non stop button for vehicles)
kaan
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by kaan »

I like the text buttons :)

Code: Select all

if (YouAreHappyAndYouKnowIt) {
    ClapYourHands();
}

Return to “OpenTTD Development”