My first attempt [New Company Headquarters]

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

Peter1x9
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Peter1x9 »

Well i've just figured out how to do some more things and will now be able to put every variant in one .grf file. So far, I have everything working correctly with parameters and have just now figured out how to make a default parameter (which I set to the non-helipad version that's compatible with the original TTD road set).

I'll hold off on a release until I make my building compatible with more of the road sets. I plan on adding compatibility with the european road set next, but this may not be done for a while since i'll be busy with RL (Real Life) things the next few days.

So far my building is compatible with the default roads, Andres' Traffic set, and i'm working on compatibility with the european road set.

Are there any other road sets out there that you folks use besides one of those three? If so, let me know. :)
Hitperson
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Hitperson »

i don't know. i personally use the heli pad version in west country right in the middle of cardiff.
P.S could you do work on things like the default stations because they just have too much colour. :?
Geo Ghost

Post by Geo Ghost »

Oz wrote:'Kay. Just wonderin'. Man, I can't tell you how cool it is you redrew this. The company colored roofs were just :x .
who ever heard of a sickly green roof :P
Looks better everytime i see it Peter1x9, congrats mate :wink:
SkeedR
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SkeedR »

I hate to be a pain in the ass, but i canna get this awesome building anymore. All the links are broken! If anyone still has a copy or if you know somewhere that i could get this from, i would be Very grateful. Thank you, and sorry to bring up a topic from way in the past. :D
Last known as: Weirdy
Peter1x9
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Peter1x9 »

I had been busy after I posted this and almost forgot about it. The original website seems to be down. :(

I have a final version ready that will automatically select which road to display by determining which roadset is active (based on the grfid from the roadsets). I also added compatibility with the euro road set, czech road set, and US road set but can't put this up until I get permission from those authors and the website comes back up.

Now that I have more time I might redo the other earlier HQs and then release everything as one GRF.
WWTBAM

Post by WWTBAM »

and a dos version
Formerly known as r0b0t_b0y2003, robotboy, roboboy and beclawat. The best place to get the most recent nightly builds of TTDPatch is: http://roboboy.users.tt-forums.net/TTDPatch/nightlies/
Peter1x9
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Peter1x9 »

I've figured out how to convert to a DOS version. Since I don't use DOS i'll need you or another DOS user to test it for me to make sure it works fine.

The release will come after the next version of the Euro Road set is finished and after I get permission from the authors of the CZroadset.

Btw, I now have permission to make it compatible with the US Road set. Here's a preview (it looks even better when the HQ is connected to urban roads):
Attachments
usroadset.jpg
usroadset.jpg (42.91 KiB) Viewed 10761 times
Last edited by Peter1x9 on 13 Mar 2006 21:00, edited 1 time in total.
Peter1x9
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Peter1x9 »

I now have permission to make it compatible with the Euro Road Set and the new Combined road set:
Attachments
euroadset.jpg
euroadset.jpg (31.97 KiB) Viewed 10645 times
combroadw.png
combroadw.png (19.24 KiB) Viewed 10644 times
BlasterTransport
Engineer
Engineer

Post by BlasterTransport »

hi dont know if im posting on a dead topic but about the heipad thing-cant you make the helipad thing the last stage and the other one second to last??
m4rek
Chairman
Chairman

Post by m4rek »

looks pretty dead to me... but i hope its not, id like this to become a full HQ set.
Toyland isn't a climate, it's a mistake.
Everyone has a photographic memory - Some just don't have film
No matter how hard life gets, remember there is always light at the end of the tunnel. Let's just hope it's not a train.
BlasterTransport
Engineer
Engineer

Post by BlasterTransport »

aw man, this is a pretty awesome grf
purely OpenTTD
wallyweb
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by wallyweb »

Since Dinges' site is down the download links in this thread all return 404. Any chance of perhaps posting the grfs directly in this thread or perhaps posting them in GRFCrawler?
Digitalfox
Chief Executive
Chief Executive
Location: Catch the Fox if you can... Almost 20 years and counting!

Post by Digitalfox »

wallyweb wrote:Since Dinges' site is down the download links in this thread all return 404. Any chance of perhaps posting the grfs directly in this thread or perhaps posting them in GRFCrawler?
I would also love to get this grf, so if someone could give a link for download or post here in the topic the grf, would be great :)
Peter1x9
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Peter1x9 »

I've been very busy lately. I check in from time to time on the status of TTDPatch and the new graphics.

I haven't worked on this for quite some time, so I can't guarantee compatibility with newer versions of the road sets. Here's my newest version-3/19/2006. (wow, how time flies :shock:)
Attachments
highhqw.grf
(10.93 KiB) Downloaded 577 times
wallyweb
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by wallyweb »

Peter1x9 wrote:I've been very busy lately. I check in from time to time on the status of TTDPatch and the new graphics.

I haven't worked on this for quite some time, so I can't guarantee compatibility with newer versions of the road sets. Here's my newest version-3/19/2006. (wow, how time flies :shock:)
Thanks :D So far its ok with the US roads which I've been using. The TTRS roads might be the only ones with an issue but that could be problematic as they change over time. It doesn't bother me though. :wink:
White Rabbit
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by White Rabbit »

Does it use any paramters for the road graphics?
You should submit it to GRFCrawler.
Peter1x9
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Peter1x9 »

White Rabbit wrote:Does it use any paramters for the road graphics?
You should submit it to GRFCrawler.
I coded it to check for the grfid of the active road set and automatically switch the road segment to whichever road set it finds. It's a lot easier for the user that way.
wiliaws
Engineer
Engineer

Re: My first attempt [New Company Headquarters]

Post by wiliaws »

This is what i get. :(
Attachments
glich.PNG
glich.PNG (90.78 KiB) Viewed 8566 times
This is my name
Director
Director

Re: My first attempt [New Company Headquarters]

Post by This is my name »

That's really good :mrgreen: , except the windows. I don't like much the window structure. Instead, I'd better go with original window sprites.

Maybe I will download later :) .
usecubes.com 3-D Pixel Design Software

Return to “Graphics Development”