George's Long vehicles V4 beta4 is out (07 sep 2007)

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

jacke
Director
Director

Post by jacke »

George wrote:
jacke wrote:
George wrote:You need the special cargo to get them. Ply-wood transporter is intended for "wood products" (In ECS Wood vector or UKRSI), Chemicals tanker is intended for chemicals (ECS Chemical vector). There are many other graphics in LV4 that can be used only with special cargoes available (They are not loaded if they are not used to reduce sprites usage).
Oh, I see, thanks! A new question then...
My plan was to start an Openttd game (no new cargos) in the tropical climate. In order to get these refitting options I instead downloaded version 3 3/4 of the long vehicles, but ran into another problem. I noticed that the FH16 doesn't show up in the tropical climate at all, only in the temperate and arctic climate. It does show up with both version 3 and version 4, but not with 3 3/4. Was this your intension, or is it a "bug"?
I do not know. It should, but if it does not - I do not plan to fix the previous version. As soon as I switch to the next version, I kill the previous one. And I never work on it again. So, I hope LV4 works for you. Let me know if it does not.
Yes, I understand you don't fix an obsolete version, I was just wondering why this truck didn't show up.
LV4 works great, but I wanted to have those above mentioned refitting options. Openttd doesn't support new cargos, which is reqired if I want them in LV4 (as the trucks carry the real ECS cargos, then). So I tried LV 3 3/4, where these refitting options don't require new cargos, as they just make the trucks carry Goods (but with different looks).
Emperor Jake
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Emperor Jake »

When I refit a truck, I don't like the fact that it still looks like it carries goods - you can't carry oil or coal in a box van. Is this a glitch, or doesn't it work with OpenTTD??

Why can't I get the container trucks, bulk carriers and tankers etc. that I could get on the seperate ones - Volvo Trucks, Navistar Trucks, mctrucks
Attachments
Fort Grintfingley Transport, 22nd Oct 2052.png
Fort Grintfingley Transport, 22nd Oct 2052.png (78.97 KiB) Viewed 8921 times
George
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by George »

jacke wrote:Yes, I understand you don't fix an obsolete version, I was just wondering why this truck didn't show up.
I do not know :?
jacke wrote:LV4 works great, but I wanted to have those above mentioned refitting options. Openttd doesn't support new cargos, which is reqired if I want them in LV4 (as the trucks carry the real ECS cargos, then). So I tried LV 3 3/4, where these refitting options don't require new cargos, as they just make the trucks carry Goods (but with different looks).
You are free to modify the GRFs according to OTTD restrictions. :roll:
Emperor Jake wrote:When I refit a truck, I don't like the fact that it still looks like it carries goods - you can't carry oil or coal in a box van. Is this a glitch, or doesn't it work with OpenTTD??
I suppose it is a limitation of OTTD
Emperor Jake wrote:Why can't I get the container trucks, bulk carriers and tankers etc. that I could get on the seperate ones - Volvo Trucks, Navistar Trucks, mctrucks
Because they are coded in a different way. You need to wait while OTTD supports all the TTDP possibilities for new graphics or code them yourself.
I'm waiting and hope to see these possibilities in OTTD one day. Let me know when it happen :roll:
Image Image Image Image
Emperor Jake
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Emperor Jake »

But what about the seperate ones? Couldn't you at least put the mew buses in anothher seperate grf file so I ann use them with the seperate truck ones?
peter1138
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by peter1138 »

OpenTTD supports LV4 much better in the nightlies than 0.5.1. (Cargo translation table and newcargos are supported.)
He's like, some kind of OpenTTD developer.
George
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by George »

peter1138 wrote:OpenTTD supports LV4 much better in the nightlies than 0.5.1. (Cargo translation table and newcargos are supported.)
Are new cargoes supported? Do you mean ECS works now?
Emperor Jake wrote:But what about the seperate ones? Couldn't you at least put the mew buses in anothher seperate grf file so I ann use them with the seperate truck ones?
I don't want to spend time on it. You can do it yourself with grfcodec end text editor. The LV4 NFO file is well structured and comment, so you can easily understand, what is located and where.
Image Image Image Image
peter1138
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by peter1138 »

George wrote:Are new cargoes supported? Do you mean ECS works now?
Ish; industries aren't yet supported, so nothing can be done with the new cargo types, but it means there'll be no glitches. Industry support is progressing...
He's like, some kind of OpenTTD developer.
George
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by George »

Emperor Jake wrote:OK then, where can I get LV3?
I'm having a little problem
http://george.zernebok.net/newgrf/downloadsold.html

I do not trace the problems in OTTD, but I suppose the error may occur because you are trying to load LV4 and some previous versions of LVs at the same time. LV4 tries to disable itself and report the error and OTTD may not support GRF version 7 for action 0B, only version 6 (I suppose). I do not know does OTTD support GRF versions up to 6 or version 7 too. Peter may give more information here.
Image Image Image Image
RSE
Engineer
Engineer

Post by RSE »

Hi George!

I just installed LV4. Great work, but I also have a request for next release: There are Trams (i.e. Generic Tram Set v0.3) with more than one car bending in turns (see pic). Can you do the same for trucks (at least) with trailers (think it´d be hard for semi-trailers...)? That would be a great improvement in my eyes ;-)
Attachments
Unbenannt1.png
Unbenannt1.png (10.31 KiB) Viewed 7891 times
My website (in German): http://videobasics.de
George
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re:

Post by George »

RSE wrote:Hi George!
I just installed LV4. Great work, but I also have a request for next release: There are Trams (i.e. Generic Tram Set v0.3) with more than one car bending in turns (see pic). Can you do the same for trucks (at least) with trailers (think it´d be hard for semi-trailers...)? That would be a great improvement in my eyes ;-)
In the todo list
Image Image Image Image
ISA
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Re:

Post by ISA »

George wrote:
RSE wrote:Hi George!
In the todo list
:) Is articulated RV-s so stable that we can have them in TTDPatch too?
Ameecher
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: George's Long vehicles V4 beta4 is out (14 mar 2006)

Post by Ameecher »

ARVs have been working fairly stablely (is that even a word?) in TTDP for a few months now :)
wallyweb
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by wallyweb »

Ameecher wrote:ARVs have been working fairly stablely (is that even a word?) in TTDP for a few months now :)
I've seen the trams, but not the lorries/trucks. Do you have any examples or grf files that we can try?
Ameecher
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Ameecher »

No but you could always buy any old lorry/bus and click ctrl while buying another to see for yourself. It works just the same.
athanasios
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by athanasios »

THANKS GEORGE, that is very good news.
http://members.fortunecity.com/gamesart
"If no one is a fool I am also a fool." -The TTD maniac.

I prefer to be contacted through PMs. Thanks.
T-pix
Engineer
Engineer

Post by T-pix »

George, is there any progress with LV4 (or 5)?
Could you please post some new screen shots with features of upcoming release? 8)
Image Image
vljak
Engineer
Engineer

Post by vljak »

Hi George, look on little bug for OpenTTD (nightly, russian language) in scrinshots...
What it is? Incorrect loading or incorrect resource (unicode for veh. names)?
Attachments
Snap2.jpg
Snap2.jpg (30.24 KiB) Viewed 6915 times
Snap1.jpg
Snap1.jpg (34.89 KiB) Viewed 6907 times
DaleStan
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by DaleStan »

It looks to me like Open's doing the right thing there. There are a lot of strings with gobs of high-ASCII, but none of them are tagged as UTF-8, and when I add the tag, NFORenum objects violently, to the tune of "That string ain't UTF-8, you idjit!"
To get a good answer, ask a Smart Question. Similarly, if you want a bug fixed, write a Useful Bug Report. No TTDPatch crashlog? Then follow directions.
Projects: NFORenum (download) | PlaneSet (Website) | grfcodec (download) | grfdebug.log parser
vljak
Engineer
Engineer

Post by vljak »

well, George, we are wait unicode version LV-4 :wink:

Return to “Graphics Development”