3D Transport Tycoon

A 3D Transport Tycoon-like game, an incomplete version of which was released as "Trains & Trucks Tycoon".
nicknam4
Engineer
Engineer

Post by nicknam4 »

lol! i hate it when it's in german or something. but i always just highlight what i want to translate, hit CTRL+C and copy it here: http://www.google.com/translate_t
example, try translating this:
groß! du es recht! , dich gerade zu erinnern ist es nicht immer auf Deutsch!
Redirect Left
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Redirect Left »

Oh, well that makes perfect sense (Translated using Google Translate)

"largely! you it quite! , you straight to remind is it not always on German! "
Need some good tested AI? - Unofficial AI Tester, list of good stuff & thread is here.
nicknam4
Engineer
Engineer

Post by nicknam4 »

what? it was suppossed to say, Great! you did it! let me remind you it's not always in german. :?
Dave

Post by Dave »

That's what you get for using a literal translator.

I used one for my Spanish Coursework and if my teacher hadn't have checked it it would have made no sense.
Official TT-Dave Fan Club

Dave's Screenshot Thread! - Albion: A fictional Britain
Flickr

Why be a song when you can be a symphony? r is a...
Kolijn Wolfaardt
Engineer
Engineer

Downloads of 3DTT

Post by Kolijn Wolfaardt »

I searched the 3DTT page, but I can't find the download anywhere. Does anyone know where to find it. :?:
davidpk212
Engineer
Engineer

Post by davidpk212 »

So what's happening now?
Kolijn Wolfaardt
Engineer
Engineer

3d tt downlod

Post by Kolijn Wolfaardt »

I've seen amazing screenshots of the game, but I can't seem to find anywhere to download. All I can find are sites of persons who tried to create their own 3d tt, or sites that want to sell Atari's stolen version.
ImageImage
ImageImage

Toyland isn't a climate, its a mistake.
This message was transmitted on 100% recycled electrons

Don't pm, rather e-mail me.
New terrain graphics
NorthernWarrior
Engineer
Engineer

Post by NorthernWarrior »

Putting the latest news on Peter's site through Google, it looks as though he lost the court case against Ubisoft :(

So not sure where that leaves future prospects (if any) for the game. It did have potential, even the flawed stolen version and if Peter had been given the time needed to finish IMHO it would have been up there as a classic.

If you have 50 quid to spare, there is a copy of the Ubisoft version on Amazon Market:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Ubisoft-Train-T ... videogames

Someone cashing in...
John
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by John »

General update:

Peter did lose the court case, and he is now appealing -

the first court hearing for the appeal has happened.

Random bits translated are that the court is in a barrock castle/palace with airport like security
the main thing was that the where other original 'owners' of the code and that Uebbing started over again fresh in june 2001 - which is impressive given that the people were beta testing something remarkably similar to T&TT in july 2001...

the judges where interested in coming to an agreement as it was xmas, and Peter said he wasn't doing it for the money, but because his one brilliant invention in life has been destroyed and Uebbing claims it was his.
Peter wants a pressconference stating that is was Peter's idea and a renewal/paying the liciense fees
The opponents said that they wouldn't pay anything as they didn't have anything, and at most a symbolyic payment as T&TT didn't bring in any money and Uebbing was broke anyway
One of the judges looked impressed by this (not quite sure of the translation there) until Peter said that if a burglar stole something and his swag bag had a hole in it and he lost everything can't be held accountable as he hasn't got anything anymore... needless to say the jugdes eyes opened wide...

anyway, Peter now has to get all his witnesses to appear before court to state that he has all the 'inventors rights' which is gonna cost. a lot.

more info (in german) available at: http://3dtt.novatek.de/showthread.php?tid=152

[edit] oh, if anyone feels like correcting me, feel free to do so, note this is only a rough translation - and apologies for spelling mistakes
mookee
Engineer
Engineer

Post by mookee »

Wow, what a nice compare by Peter. I wish him luck anyway, if we will see the game again or not. He is a good man.

John, I appreciate you for translation. Keep me and others informed please.
eis_os
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by eis_os »

Some News:
(the original post by Peter can be found here: http://3dtt.novatek.de/showthread.php?tid=160 )

The OLG (provincial high court) has decided to summon/hear 24 witnesses, including people from
Way-X,
VX employee,
People from Koch Media
People from Jowood
and a few other people.

Peter has to admit that he can't remember all people and that he has to look in old records what the people did / what function they had.

He explains further that these witness hearing will result in additional costs for him, so he has to pay around 10000 Euros to the court cashier. According to him this may be a problem and he has to see.

Prof. Dr. Hoeren was assigned as judge for hearing of evidence. Compared to the past judges that judge seems to be famous and
Peter provides us with a Link.

http://www.uni-muenster.de/Jura.itm/hoe ... nglish.htm (The English version)

Peters lawyer seems to already know this judge and his lawyer is glad because the judge understands and has insight in the topic.
SpComb
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SpComb »

eis_os wrote:Peters lawyer seems to already know this judge and his lawyer is glad because the judge understands and has insight in the topic.
That's excellent news, from what I've read on it the case has been full of incompetent people drawing conclusions to support the opposition. Provided that he doesn't die of old age before the next hearing (which tend to be short and many months apart), it would be good to see something interesting happening.

As an aside, I'm wondering if anyone has actually investigated the story behind this, or is everybody just blindly reading peter's site? While he certainly paints a sad and utterly beleiveable story, a bit of healthy suspicion is always a good thing. Are things really the say he says they are, or has he been hiding something?
eis_os
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by eis_os »

Well I remember to test a technical demo of 3DTT (alpha version). You could build a street, a city poped up on the start place, and a truck started automatical to drive.
Nothing VX inside, or Schiene & Strasse was mentioned.

As example I remember very well: (Very broken)
http://web.archive.org/web/200008171716 ... com/way-x/
http://web.archive.org/web/200012041735 ... eutsch.htm

Or even here the websites, so I am quite sure about 3DTT:
http://web.archive.org/web/200008152126 ... nglish.htm

I am following the 3DTT Project since ages, I was a bit shocked to read it got commercial 2000 and there won't be any more test versions...

And to be honest, the building system I never liked and still feels the same in Schiene und Strasse (to bad I haven't anymore a demo version from that time)
Mr Pattle
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Mr Pattle »

going back a long way.... (to page one in fact)
spaceman-spiff wrote:I am just waiting for TT2, the real sequel, this one will be made by Chris Sawyer with the help of guys like Josef and Marcin who have worked to keep the game alive for so many years
Is this true? I've been hoping for years that a new, official, version of the game would be released by Chris Sawyer. Do you know when it (if ever) will be released?
StopRightThere
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by StopRightThere »

Geoff Holemanson wrote:going back a long way.... (to page one in fact)
spaceman-spiff wrote:I am just waiting for TT2, the real sequel, this one will be made by Chris Sawyer with the help of guys like Josef and Marcin who have worked to keep the game alive for so many years
Is this true? I've been hoping for years that a new, official, version of the game would be released by Chris Sawyer. Do you know when it (if ever) will be released?
It has. It's called Locomotion. See the Locomotion forum.
Bye Bye OpenBVE :(
Official TT-Hot young ginger Doctor Who assistant FanClub
Formerly known as AdditionalData
Dave

Post by Dave »

Assuming you don't enjoy that, then no.

It won't.

Josef Drexler (patchman the almighty) is totally independent of Chris Sawyer.

Chris Sawyer, incidentally, is probably a bit too ego-fied for that.

And besides... All hath gone quiet on the CS scene since RCT2. I wonder what he's doing, exactly?
Official TT-Dave Fan Club

Dave's Screenshot Thread! - Albion: A fictional Britain
Flickr

Why be a song when you can be a symphony? r is a...
StopRightThere
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by StopRightThere »

Dave Worley wrote:Assuming you don't enjoy that, then no.
Was this directed towards me?

I thought that Locomotion was the sequel of TTD?
Bye Bye OpenBVE :(
Official TT-Hot young ginger Doctor Who assistant FanClub
Formerly known as AdditionalData
SuperVGA
Engineer
Engineer

Sequels

Post by SuperVGA »

//edit: Darn, i guess i just ressurected this thread. Sorry!

Trains & Trucks tycoon is one of many tries to catch/upgrade the
values of TT.

TT, TT+WE and TTD are basically same games. No sequels here,
just the "and World Editor" & "Deluxe" versions.

Rollercoaster Tycoon was originally meant to be "Transport Tycoon 2",
but Chris changed his mind as he was very occupied
with rollercoasters while developing.

LOCOMOTION is the actual "Transport Tycoon 2" people.
He thought he could do it again, but some thinks it didn't quite
match TT.

Of the many TT clones out there i think "Transport Giant" by JoWood
is worth a look. Trains & Trucks and Traffic Giant are not
worth the time in my opinion.
"Easy Driver"

-I want to paint like Simon Foster.
Nemesis
Director
Director

Re: 3D Transport Tycoon

Post by Nemesis »

Locomotion indeed didn't match my expectations. No subsidies anymore. Which I find very dissapointing. Also the cities did grow to fast, therefore you couldn't build nice looking stations.

(I don't know how it's in te rest of the world, but here we don't build train station on top of houses)..

I just keep playing OpenTTD.
Gods don't make mistakes.
Though, sometimes i think it will be nice to be able to carry a tune
John
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: 3D Transport Tycoon

Post by John »

I thought I would post a general update on what has happened.

Official news can be found at the German 3DTT forums at http://3dtt.novatek.de/ (the old 3dtt.de website is dead)

I haven't had time to really browse the forum, but Peter was in the process of appealing the previous judgement that S&S was not a copy of 3DTT.

As a result of the appeal another comparison was done by an independent expert that concluded that S&S was a further development of 3DTT and that a fresh start had never occurred.

While this is finally a piece of positive news, it's a great shame it has taken so long...

Return to “3DTT (Trains & Trucks Tycoon)”