Economics patch?

Get help, info, news and advice about the Transport Tycoon Deluxe patch.

Moderator: TTDPatch Moderators

Doclouis
Engineer
Engineer

Economics patch?

Post by Doclouis »

Hello there,
I still play two savegames I have started years ago. My favourite one is from 1995 :lol:
As years go by, there's one problem that grows even bigger: Money. I know, there's this money cheat, but it really annoys me, to use this signcheat - my trains are always full of passengers, travel times are optimized, but still the trains don't make any profit. It's really dump in my North American scenario with the doubledecker Sunset Highspeed Train. :(
Maybe this is an error, that occured when using the year-cheat? I often use it to have different liveries.
Is there some cheat / patch I can use to improve the economics?
DaleStan
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by DaleStan »

Are the trains themselves not making a profit, or is it that the profit is not making its way to your bank account?
To get a good answer, ask a Smart Question. Similarly, if you want a bug fixed, write a Useful Bug Report. No TTDPatch crashlog? Then follow directions.
Projects: NFORenum (download) | PlaneSet (Website) | grfcodec (download) | grfdebug.log parser
Doclouis
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Doclouis »

depends on the scenario..
US: when a train stops (all seats laid out), it makes profit, but when you click on the train's information, non makes profit through the year.
Germany: Most trains make profit over the year. After all, the company still loses money.

I have no idea. Maybe the trains just don't make enough profit. But what more can you want as an always full-of-passengers highspeed train w/ double deckers?
khamura
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by khamura »

Compare the income against the running costs. It does happen, especially with the faster, more expensive trains, that the costs of running long high-speed trains on short trips is not worth it as the income incurred for short-range transportation of passengers is relatively low.
Graduate of the LeRoy Funkified Badass School of Soul
Doclouis
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Doclouis »

Yes, I know this. Within the first years of these savegames, the trains made enough money. Now, the doubldecker highspeed trains run from edge to edge, some have just one stop in between. They don't make enough money though :x
I guess something happended to the savegames' economy when using the year-cheat too often?!?
PikkaBird
Graphics Moderator
Graphics Moderator

Post by PikkaBird »

It would be a lot easier for us to help work out what the problem is if you posted a savegame and config. :)
uzurpator
Transport Empire Moderator
Transport Empire Moderator

Post by uzurpator »

I think it would be easier if you turned off (unload) order.
All art and vehicle stats I authored for TT and derivatives are as of now PUBLIC DOMAIN! Use as you see fit
Just say NO to the TT fan-art sprite licensing madness. Public domain your art as well.
Doclouis
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Doclouis »

There's no unload option activated. Ok, I easily can upload the savegames. But how do I upload the configs? Do you think of a specific file?
aahz77
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by aahz77 »

Doclouis wrote:Do you think of a specific file?
That should be your patch config file (usually named ttdpatch.cfg) (along with the info which patch version you're using), and your NewGRF config file (usally named newgrf[w].cfg).
One after one, by the star-dogged Moon,
Too quick for groan or sigh,
Each turned his face with a ghastly pang,
And cursed me with his eye.

-- Samuel T. Coleridge, The Rime of the Ancient Mariner
Doclouis
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Doclouis »

all right, here we go. first the German scenario
Attachments
ttdpatch.cfg
(4.58 KiB) Downloaded 305 times
newgrfw.cfg
(2.26 KiB) Downloaded 280 times
TRP00.SV1
(631.41 KiB) Downloaded 346 times
Doclouis
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Doclouis »

... US scenario
Attachments
TRP01.SV1
(639.37 KiB) Downloaded 286 times
ttdpatch.cfg
(4.13 KiB) Downloaded 275 times
newgrfw.cfg
(1.14 KiB) Downloaded 268 times
Raichase
Moderizzle
Moderizzle
Location: Sydney, Australia. Usually at work in the underground railway station...

Post by Raichase »

Having downloaded the Germany map, it would certainly appear that you're using trains that are too expensive for the routes they are on. However, I can't see why they are making such a masive loss...

One example - you don't need dual V160's to haul a 6-car passenger train.
Posted by Raichase. Visit my Flickr! Gallery, Blog (get a feed of everyone at once at Planet TT-Forums).
Raichase - Perfect timing, all the time: [13:37] * Now talking in #tycoon
ImageImage
Official TT-Dave Worley Fan Club
Official TT-Andel-in-a-pink-hat Fan Club
Doclouis
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Doclouis »

I know, double-headed trains have more costs. But: in Germany, Intercity trains, running on non-electrified routes, are usuallyhauled by two engines. Also, it just looks cooler than one engine.
Still, these trains have been making good profit for years until some months ago. That's why I gues, there must be a bug when using year-cheats and/or editing a running savegame with the scenario editor (for example for making a new city).
What's interesting as well, is that trams and buses now never make enough money fora profitable company.
Gremnon
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Gremnon »

If it's only recently started to lose money, you might want to investigate the stations they're servicing, and the towns for them too. It might be that the town expanded away from the station (like some of the towns in my games seem to like doing to me).
Pookey
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by Pookey »

If you modified the save with Owen's editor or the scenario editor it's possible you 'corrupted' the save (not so it doesn't work) and the game is stuffing up cause you did something wrong?
Posted by Pookey...

For Information on TTD Patch Click Here
For Information on Building a Network (FAST) Click Here
For Information on Building a Network as a Challenge (SLOW) Click Here
For Help on the Different Signalling Types Click Here
Before Asking a Question, Please use the Forums Search Function Here and if you do Ask a Question, Please Provide as much Detail as Possible.
If you do not get a Crash Log when TTDPatch Crashes, Follow the Olly Debug Instructions Here and Post the Resulting Screenshot with your Problem.

Doclouis
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Doclouis »

That's what I guess, that the save is somehow corrupted by using the editor oder cheats.
Doclouis
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Doclouis »

Pookey wrote:If you modified the save with Owen's editor or the scenario editor it's possible you 'corrupted' the save (not so it doesn't work) and the game is stuffing up cause you did something wrong?
So what could be a solution for the problem? The trains in both savegames made good profit for years, the companies never had problems. Suddenly they don't. I just don't want to use the money-cheat every 30 minutes..
All vehicles besides some trains now make a loss - to stop losing money, I would have to sell all buses, trams, ships, and planes... and most of the trains :cry:
Pookey
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by Pookey »

If you stuffed it that way, you'll need to use a save from before you did the modifications, unfortunately.
Posted by Pookey...

For Information on TTD Patch Click Here
For Information on Building a Network (FAST) Click Here
For Information on Building a Network as a Challenge (SLOW) Click Here
For Help on the Different Signalling Types Click Here
Before Asking a Question, Please use the Forums Search Function Here and if you do Ask a Question, Please Provide as much Detail as Possible.
If you do not get a Crash Log when TTDPatch Crashes, Follow the Olly Debug Instructions Here and Post the Resulting Screenshot with your Problem.

Doclouis
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Doclouis »

That's a new problem: I don't have any
Doclouis
Engineer
Engineer

Re: Economics patch?

Post by Doclouis »

Hmm, still don't have a company making profit. Is it possible to use TTDAlter to change the vehicles' running costs? How? I tried it, but can only change original vehicles ?(

Return to “General TTDPatch”