[OTTD] Scenarios

Post your custom scenarios here. Saved games also welcome. All Transport Tycoon games acceptable (including TTDPatch and OpenTTD).
Sleepie
Director
Director

Post by Sleepie »

@thebrightside

Hey, you have finished your map ;) It will be added to the database soon.
Denke nie gedacht zu haben, denn das Denken der Gedanken ist gedankenloses Denken.
Wiki Page/Talk, Member of the OpenTTD Scenarios Team
Looking for OpenTTD scenarios? - Here's a List of player-made scenarios. Please help us grow the database with your contributions.
Wolf01
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Wolf01 »

eeek the pyramids! you missed the pyramids!
thebrightside
Engineer
Engineer

Post by thebrightside »

Wolf01 wrote:eeek the pyramids! you missed the pyramids!
As soon as you know how to add those tell me. :wink:
Sleepie
Director
Director

Post by Sleepie »

I have just added the missing screenshots for Ominus' maps on the wiki. So the next ones that will be added are JonScaife's UK map and thebrightside's Alexander to Karthoum map.
thebrightside wrote:As soon as you know how to add those tell me. :wink:
Until someone makes a grf as new industry* (tourists) for instance, you can make them as normal hills and place some signs on it, if you like ;)

* - I know that OTTD doesn't support new industries yet, but its in development afaik, so it will someday...
Denke nie gedacht zu haben, denn das Denken der Gedanken ist gedankenloses Denken.
Looking for OpenTTD scenarios? - Here's a List of player-made scenarios. Please help us grow the database with your contributions.
Double P
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Double P »

Hi guys! Here is a map done by me in 2006. It's a jungle environment with a little desert, twisting rivers, and some sea islands. And a cool volcano :D (the strange sign in the ground is a result of watching too much X-Files :D)
And it looks like a heightmap, but it is not! Simply, in that time, I didn't know about the editors which uses heightmaps, so decided to create one manually - with the scenario editor.
I hope you enjoy it, have fun!
Attachments
detail
detail
screenshot #1.png (213.97 KiB) Viewed 1856 times
minimap
minimap
screenshot.png (37.28 KiB) Viewed 2107 times
Inca Passage.scn
scenario file
(319 KiB) Downloaded 426 times
H
Engineer
Engineer

Two scenarios : Frozen Plateaux

Post by H »

A moderately sized 512x1024 arctic map.

Except for farms and one coal mine, 98% of raw materials are produced at least 150 squares from the industry that uses them.

There's a relatively small coastal area with level terrain and then there are very cold and high plateaux separated by deep valleys. Less of a challenge than I expected, bridging them.
Maybe if one turned off long bridges ? Some large craters of unknown origin are present too.

I made the heightmap in paintshop.

City names are taken from eithere Bas-Lag, Fallout, or my own perverted mind ..

heightmap.resizedto128x256.101111.PNG (35.46 KiB) Viewed 9978 times
BasLag.scn
The scn file.
(820.68 KiB) Downloaded 380 times
Last edited by H on 13 Apr 2007 13:10, edited 2 times in total.
H
Engineer
Engineer

Central Europe & Balkans

Post by H »

An easy temperate 512x512 map (towns too large at start).

I should have made it from heightmaps, given some clever adjustment of brightnesses.
I wanted all level terrain to be at 1 height .. so on.. Though I started making this one last year. Only finished it a month ago. Was a pain in the arse ..

Also, I think it only runs in a nightly...
Attachments
Cent.Europe.scn
(476.98 KiB) Downloaded 490 times
screenshot.png
(134.62 KiB) Downloaded 591 times
thebrightside
Engineer
Engineer

Post by thebrightside »

Until someone makes a grf as new industry* (tourists) for instance, you can make them as normal hills and place some signs on it, if you like ;)

* - I know that OTTD doesn't support new industries yet, but its in development afaik, so it will someday...
Heeey! That's an idea! Maybe I'll just go an do that... then again... where are those things anyway.
Sleepie
Director
Director

Post by Sleepie »

thebrightside wrote: Heeey! That's an idea! Maybe I'll just go an do that... then again... where are those things anyway.
GoogleEarth, an Atlas or Wikipedia could give you the answer, I think :P
ZxBiohazardZx
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by ZxBiohazardZx »

i just created a nice scenario that will force you to use ships to get your goods to the factories, in start you will find it hard to make money since you can NEVER rail all the way from the extreme high productive raw-materials to the factories, i suggest some passenger-lines to start and a small hidden forest+sawmill for little income

map=> long, thin...

imo very hard map, very cool to play if you have the NEWGFX: harbor+goods stations, industrial stations

try to work your way through, see word-file for the images, or just play the map to check it out ...

EDIT: forgot the scn stuff, and yes its wiki-usable, im still editing it but here is first edition of it:P

EDIT2=> cant get the img uploaded:S stupid pc says: cannot upload empty file.... anyway=> check it out, img WILL follow;P
Attachments
GET YOUR SHIPS!.scn
(103.68 KiB) Downloaded 3449 times
Last edited by ZxBiohazardZx on 16 Apr 2007 15:04, edited 1 time in total.
Sleepie
Director
Director

Post by Sleepie »

ZxBiohazardZx wrote:i just created a nice scenario that will force you to use ships to get your goods to the factories, in start you will find it hard to make money since you can NEVER rail all the way from the extreme high productive raw-materials to the factories, i suggest some passenger-lines to start and a small hidden forest+sawmill for little income

map=> long, thin...

imo very hard map, very cool to play if you have the NEWGFX: harbor+goods stations, industrial stations

try to work your way through, see word-file for the images, or just play the map to check it out ...
It seems you have accidently forget to upload the scenario :P Btw. may I add it to the wiki, when it's uploaded?
ZxBiohazardZx
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by ZxBiohazardZx »

in the new version there are some more towns, a small coal mine in the big water-city, just making a start possible allround....
CARST
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Map of Europe

Post by CARST »

Hi everyone!

I made a map of Europe based on the SRTM-Data, placed some hundred of cities and a lot of industry.

First thing, thanks to MGSteve for his great SRTM-Tutorial!

The map:
- Based on SRTM-Date, scaled down with factor 3.
- Some hundred cities, all based manually, but nearly on their real places.
- Countries included: Portugal, Spain, France, Germany, Switzerland, Austria, Lichtenstein, Andorra, Monacco, Italy, BeNeLux, Great Britain, Ireland, Denmark, Croatia, Bosnia, Jugoslawia, Albania, Macedonia, Greece, Czech, Slowakei, Poland, Lettland, Estland, Litauen, Rumania, Bulgary, Belarus, southern parts of Finnland, Sweden, Norway and northern parts of Marokko, Algeria & Tunesia.
- Cities have sizes from 600 to 18.000 inhabitants.
- Starts in 1920 (if someone wants i can make a version with later start-date.
- A lot of industries, planted automatically, some oil-rigs around British islands and south-west-coast of Norway.
- TTD-Size 2048x2048
- Made with 0.5.1 RC2

Have fun playing...

€dit: Notice: New GRF installed => DB Set v0.82 (XL) & NewStations v0.42. You should be able to play the scenario without these GRFs, but a message will show up that they are missing.
Attachments
CarstsEuropeScenario.scn
(2.47 MiB) Downloaded 666 times
ttd.png
ttd.png (73.1 KiB) Viewed 2119 times
Last edited by CARST on 24 Apr 2007 16:35, edited 1 time in total.
Playing TT & TTD since 1995 - Will satisfy the Megalomaniac in everyone!

Click here to see all my maps!
Highlights:
CarstsEuropeScenario based on SRTM-Data (Redo planned)
CarstsWorldScenario based on satellite heightmap
CarstsGermanyScenario coming soon...
CarstsBerlinBburgScenario planned...
Sleepie
Director
Director

Post by Sleepie »

ZxBiohazardZx wrote: EDIT: forgot the scn stuff, and yes its wiki-usable, im still editing it but here is first edition of it:P
Thanks, I'll add sometime soon, but I'm quite busy with other things at the moment (mainly the Cindini map), so it'll take a while until its added as the other maps that are in the queue ;)
thebrightside
Engineer
Engineer

Post by thebrightside »

Nice european map. Just as a Dutchie I must say R'dam is more to the end of the river. And you left out Utrecht, the (rail) transport hub of the country.
CARST
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by CARST »

@thebrightside: I know, i think everyone in every country could find some cities that are placed wrong by 5 to 50km, but in a map that big it was impossible to place everything on the right spot.

Not only because it was a area so big, no, there were so many cities and to let it look good and have nearly the right place for all of them i had to place them sometimes some kilometers from there origin.

I already started making a 2048x2048 map of Germany only, that will also include BeNeLux-Countries, i hope i will place all cities more accurate then...

€dit => Put it in the Wiki now...
Playing TT & TTD since 1995 - Will satisfy the Megalomaniac in everyone!

Click here to see all my maps!
Highlights:
CarstsEuropeScenario based on SRTM-Data (Redo planned)
CarstsWorldScenario based on satellite heightmap
CarstsGermanyScenario coming soon...
CarstsBerlinBburgScenario planned...
Killer 11
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Killer 11 »

If a map uses TTRS V3 and absolutely has to be loaded up with it i guess i can't post it here right?
Sleepie
Director
Director

Post by Sleepie »

Killer 11 wrote:If a map uses TTRS V3 and absolutely has to be loaded up with it i guess i can't post it here right?
Why not? Even the majority will prefer vanilla maps it shouldn't be a problem, just make an appropriate note and a link where to download the grf so also new users shouldn't have problems ;)
Gondrong
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Gondrong »

Got a question about scenario. I plan to make a Indonesia archipelago map the problem is I'm trying to make the island look realistic but I cannot see the whole map to see if the island size is correct.

Is there any way to see the whole map I'm creating?
Sleepie
Director
Director

Post by Sleepie »

Gondrong wrote: Is there any way to see the whole map I'm creating?
Well one solution is to use the giant screenshot feature, but it failed (for me) when the map size exceeds 512x512. So what I do to get an overview of bigger maps is to maximize the minimap and then make a bunch of screenshots until I covered all parts of the map.

Then I cut those screenshots so they only contain the map part and stitch them together to one map shot using AutoStitch.

It's a bit of a boring task, but the only working solution I know of, at the moment.

Return to “Scenarios and Saved Games”