TTO-Savegame

Talk about the classic original version of Transport Tycoon.
Doclouis
Engineer
Engineer

TTO-Savegame

Post by Doclouis »

Well, using Dosbox I am finally able to look into my 1995-savegame again. But: Is it possible to convert the savegame - or at least the map (=Scenario) into TTDX? To play this map with the patch features would be ultimative!
jfs
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by jfs »

I'm not sure it'd be entirely possible to convert the savegame to TTD, but I think it might be possible to convert a scenario. I just don't think there's any tools to do it :)
Patchman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Patchman »

Even the scenario would be very, very difficult. The most you can hope for without an extraordinary amount of work (far more than recreating the scenario in TTD) would be to extract the height map and import that into TTD.

That shouldn't be more than 100 lines of C code.
Josef Drexler

TTDPatch main | alpha/beta | nightly | manual | FAQ | tracker
No private messages please, you'll only get the answering machine there. Send email instead.
Doclouis
Engineer
Engineer

late but not too late

Post by Doclouis »

After I have posted my first question, I tried a lot of things to get tto run under xp. dosbox didn't work the first years (now it does just fine), virtual pc didn't either (haven't tried it anymore), and finally I installed a new hdd with win98. Unfortunately, I couldn't make a suitable boot menu, because I installed this drive after having installed xp on c:.
By lucky chance I found a site on the web, where you can download a tool that converts old tto-savegames into ttd-savegames. It is very easy to do and the "new" savegames run just fine. Give it a try:
http://www.tt-ms.de/
:D

Return to “Transport Tycoon (Original)”