[OTTD] Scenarios

Post your custom scenarios here. Saved games also welcome. All Transport Tycoon games acceptable (including TTDPatch and OpenTTD).
Sleepie
Director
Director

Post by Sleepie »

Purno wrote: @height level: I used a heightmap from Google Eearth and the plugin, as described in a sticky here. I'm not gonna mess with the height levels as ATM it's as realistic as it can be.
Sorry, it's ok than :) I know the Netherlands are very flat, but haven't expected that the landscape is so flat.
Denke nie gedacht zu haben, denn das Denken der Gedanken ist gedankenloses Denken.
Wiki Page/Talk, Member of the OpenTTD Scenarios Team
Looking for OpenTTD scenarios? - Here's a List of player-made scenarios. Please help us grow the database with your contributions.
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

It's probably due the mountains in the southeast corner (part of Germany) which are quite high, compared to the Netherlands itself. Tho, the Netherlands isn't supposed to be hilly or something. :wink:
Contributor to the The 2cc Set and Dutch Trainset. Inventor of the Metro concept. Retired Graphics Artist.
Image Image
Download TT | Latest TTDPatch | OpenTTD | OpenTTDCoop | BaNaNaS: OpenTTD content system | 2048² OTTD scenario of the Netherlands
GRF Codec | GRF Crawler | GRF Maker | Usefull graphics & tools sites | NML Documentation Wiki | NFO Documentation Wiki
All my graphics are licensed under GPL. "Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else."
Toni Babelony
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Toni Babelony »

Purno wrote:It's probably due the mountains in the southeast corner (part of Germany) which are quite high, compared to the Netherlands itself. Tho, the Netherlands isn't supposed to be hilly or something. :wink:
Apart from the "Utrechtse Heuvelrug", "Zuid Limburg" and some eastern parts near the German border... :wink:
Retired JapanSet developer and creator of TIAS.
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

These parts are actually at a higher level ;)

Anyways; Newer version attached. I added big German and Belgian cities. Now, if someone could help me with an industry map... :mrgreen:
Attachments
The Netherlands (by Purno).scn
Unfinished
(509.25 KiB) Downloaded 489 times
Contributor to the The 2cc Set and Dutch Trainset. Inventor of the Metro concept. Retired Graphics Artist.
Image Image
Download TT | Latest TTDPatch | OpenTTD | OpenTTDCoop | BaNaNaS: OpenTTD content system | 2048² OTTD scenario of the Netherlands
GRF Codec | GRF Crawler | GRF Maker | Usefull graphics & tools sites | NML Documentation Wiki | NFO Documentation Wiki
All my graphics are licensed under GPL. "Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else."
JonScaife
Engineer
Engineer

UK Scenario

Post by JonScaife »

Thought I'd share a Scenario of the UK I made a while ago, and started playing again recently.

Comments welcome.

Regards, Jon

-- scenario info --

* Geography *

2048x2048
Approximately correct
Based off height-map data from NASA
Placement of lighthouses bares no resemblance to real lighthouses
Major TV Masts are accurately placed

* Towns / Cities *

Populations are approx real 2001 populations / 125
To be included population must be greater than 10,000 in the real world (equivalent to 80 in the game)
Towns / Cities have been included on the following basis
- all cities (officially must be above 100,000)
- all towns over 60,000
- all other cities (under 100,000 but with a cathedral)
- all county towns (towns that originally gave the county its name)
- other towns of significance (usually geographically significant)
Populations are within 15% accuracy
Locations have been approximated using detailed terrain maps and relative positions
197 towns in total

* Industry *

The following industries have been based off maps of centres of UK industry
- Oil Rigs
- Oil Refineries
- Oil Wells
- Coal Mines
- Coal Power Stations
- Steel Plants
- Farms
- Forests
More than 1 of the same type of industry per town has been enabled to allow more realistic placement
Banks are in all towns big enough (1200 population)
Factories are clustered around the major urban areas, particularly in northern England
Iron ore mines are located in Cumbria and Cornwall as these appear to be the only parts of the UK with significant quantities of iron ore

* General *

Mainland Europe and Republic of / Northern Ireland are not yet populated with industries / towns
Some industry placement may need revising due to large distances
Cities become very large in later stages of game, may be better to start with real population / 250 (half current levels)
Attachments
The-UK-OpenTTD-Scenario.zip
The UK OpenTTD Scenario
Version 1.0 (17-March-2007)
by Jon Scaife (http://www.jonscaife.com)
(1.34 MiB) Downloaded 24391 times
Lordmwa
President
President

Post by Lordmwa »

Looks incredible.
Best UK map yet but as you say they are all a bit big for starting. I am still using it but would it be possible for you to make a one with half poulations ?
thebrightside
Engineer
Engineer

Post by thebrightside »

Toni Babelony wrote:
Purno wrote:It's probably due the mountains in the southeast corner (part of Germany) which are quite high, compared to the Netherlands itself. Tho, the Netherlands isn't supposed to be hilly or something. :wink:
Apart from the "Utrechtse Heuvelrug", "Zuid Limburg" and some eastern parts near the German border... :wink:
Let's not forget the 'Veluwe' and the dunes on the west coast. :wink:
The dunes are rather high and protect most of the coast from flooding, it's the rivers that are the problem. It would be interesting if you lowered the terrain to 'sea level'. So that if a 'dike' brakes the whole terrain behind it would flood. But that ask for lots of extra work. Good luck finishing it!
And as said before for industry and the rest, the bos Atlas should be a good help. Or you can always ask in the forum!

Addie: Btw don't want to be a pain, but it might be an idea to take the canals and actually make them canals in the game? Now they just seem like rivers. Like the A-dam-Rijn Kanaal. At first I thought that was the Kromme Rijn!
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

thebrightside wrote:Addie: Btw don't want to be a pain, but it might be an idea to take the canals and actually make them canals in the game? Now they just seem like rivers. Like the A-dam-Rijn Kanaal. At first I thought that was the Kromme Rijn!
I didn't have a good map of the rivers, so they're messed up a bit, unfortunately. :(
Image Image
roobi
Engineer
Engineer

Post by roobi »

Born Acorn wrote:Try them with 0.5.0 RC1. They were most likely made in intermediate nightlies.
look @ Europe Scenario : http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php? ... &start=580

...I tried it with 0.5.0 RC1, but it doesn't work "Game load failed" - even if I try to load it in the scenario editor.

I played the Scenario already with r8285 MiniIN , ...the scenario is absolutely fantastic, I promise! So it would be very great if I could play it with 0.5.0 RC1.
Does anybody has a glue why it doesn't work and what I have to do to get it work?

Thanks in advance!
richk67
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by richk67 »

This scenario must have been created using the MiniIN. As such, it wont load in anything other than the MiniIN.

(You can tell from the screenshot that it has the subsidiaries button on the infobar. That is pretty definitive for a MiniIN game.)
OTTD NewGRF_ports. Add an airport design via newgrf.Superceded by Yexo's NewGrf Airports 2
Want to organise your trains? Try Routemarkers.
--- ==== --- === --- === ---
Firework Photography
roobi
Engineer
Engineer

Post by roobi »

oh, I didn't know!

I'm really new in such things. Is it possible to migrate the scenario from miniIN to RC1 ? Are there any tools to do that?
Jupix
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by Jupix »

I added a "Recent additions" paragraph to the scenario database at the wiki today.

Please people, when you post a scenario, may I ask that you also include a word or two on whether it's okay to include your scenario in the wiki-db. Otherwise we can't be certain.
roobi wrote:Is it possible to migrate the scenario from miniIN to RC1 ?
Unfortunately, no.
(IANAD - I Am Not A Developer - but I know scenarios cannot be converted from a nightly format to a stable format of an older release, and I think the same applies here.)
JonScaife wrote:Thought I'd share a Scenario of the UK I made a while ago, and started playing again recently.

Comments welcome.
Hi, and welcome to the forums ;)
Fantastic looking scenario you've got there! May I add it to the wiki list?
thebrightside wrote:Just a new scenario I made in version 0.4.8 (Happily going to switch to 5 now...) Anyway it's basically a bunch of islands of diffrent sizes.
Starts in 1935. Tropical/Desert set. Size:1024x1024.
May I add it to the wiki-db?
#################
thebrightside
Engineer
Engineer

Post by thebrightside »

thebrightside wrote:Just a new scenario I made in version 0.4.8 (Happily going to switch to 5 now...) Anyway it's basically a bunch of islands of diffrent sizes.
Starts in 1935. Tropical/Desert set. Size:1024x1024

Sure! Go right ahead.
Sleepie
Director
Director

Post by Sleepie »

thebrightside wrote:
Starts in 1935. Tropical/Desert set. Size:1024x1024

Sure! Go right ahead.
I have added it :) I'll do screenshots and adding it to all appropriate categories later today. If you have any further comments to the map we should add as description in the wiki just pm me or Jupix.

Thanks for sharing it!

Edit: Screenshot added and fully categorized, only the minimap screenshot is left that I'll do later
Denke nie gedacht zu haben, denn das Denken der Gedanken ist gedankenloses Denken.
Wiki Page/Talk, Member of the OpenTTD Scenarios Team
Looking for OpenTTD scenarios? - Here's a List of player-made scenarios. Please help us grow the database with your contributions.
JonScaife
Engineer
Engineer

Post by JonScaife »

Tycoonjamie wrote:Looks incredible.
Best UK map yet but as you say they are all a bit big for starting. I am still using it but would it be possible for you to make a one with half poulations ?
Yeah, might even try it with quarter of current populations and see which works best. I'll also populate Ireland and Europe. Be a few weeks before I get it done tho so don't hold your breath ;)

Cheers for the positive feedback by the way :)
eugenedonaghy
Engineer
Engineer

Post by eugenedonaghy »

pikkio wrote:Hi,
I downloaded the scenarios Europa 105 and London, but when I try to use them in the game, an error message appears and I'm not able to play with them. How can I solve the problem?
I have OpenTTD 0.4.8.
Thank you very much!
Same here Im using version 0.5
eugenedonaghy
Engineer
Engineer

Post by eugenedonaghy »

Any chance of a Northern Ireland Scenario
richk67
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by richk67 »

Both Europa and Around London were created in the MiniIN, and so are only compatible with the MiniIN build. (see my .sig if you want to download the final MiniIN build).
OTTD NewGRF_ports. Add an airport design via newgrf.Superceded by Yexo's NewGrf Airports 2
Want to organise your trains? Try Routemarkers.
--- ==== --- === --- === ---
Firework Photography
Max Power
Engineer
Engineer

Want to play America scenario with AI...

Post by Max Power »

Hi!

First of all, excuse my poor english.

I would like to play an scenario about real North America or UK, but with the AI playing on it.

I have downloaded the scenario named "us_coast_to_coast_964", and I love it. I think it´s a great scenario. But it´s only to play myself, I´m not able to play against AI. And the map is really huge, so I need a little help to fill it with roads and railways... :-D

How can I enable the AI?

Another thing about this scenario... Time goes very quick, and I can´t achieve my own goals of connecting most of the towns because time runs up. Is there anyway to stop time? I tried to make the cheat in which date is changed, but then I can´t use airplanes... I put the date in 1868, Civil War time, but when I get the 20th century I can´t get airplanes nor ships. Why is this happening? Is there any other way to be forever in, for example, 1990?

Thanx a lot.
Sorry for my bad english too, i´m spanish...

Would like to play multiplayer with people who like small stations, short trains, and to make beautiful cities and lines rather than to become millionaires as soon as possible.
Knartz
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Knartz »

Hello there,
I'm working on a fictional norway-stylic continent map.
Of course i forgot to change the city language to norwegian.
Is there any way to fix that ?
I have just finished the landscape and don't want to start over again.

Thank you for your help.

:Edit add:
While i await your answers, i will grab the heightmap of sid meiers railroads demo and make a map of it for TT.
Has anyboby else played it? I like it, has a good feeling.

Return to “Scenarios and Saved Games”