Swedish trains by AndersI (and others) - upd 2009-05-24

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

AndersI
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by AndersI »

OSkar000 wrote:Do you have any plans about adding Y2 (Kustpilen)
That is already done by Purno in a separate grf (which works together with my set). Check on GRFCrawler.
and X50-54 (Regina)?
Maybe... (there are a lot of color variations on this one)
Also, what about the Y1 in the new grey/red design?
I've alredy got four variants of the Y1 - very low priority. You might take it on as your first grf project - just do a repaint and I'll code it in.
X10-X14 would be fun to see in this set.
There's a limit to how many different MU:s one wants to have in a game... Very low priority on this one, sorry.
and some more trains that i cant remember at the moment.
Well, those I can do (in my sleep) :-)
OSkar000
Engineer
Engineer

Post by OSkar000 »

I had a try with the red/grey Y1.. i don't know if its right, but its red and grey atleast :)
Attachments
I hope its right :)
I hope its right :)
y1_red.png (1.21 KiB) Viewed 6327 times
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

They grey should be darker, and I don't know why there are greenish pixels in there...
Contributor to the The 2cc Set and Dutch Trainset. Inventor of the Metro concept. Retired Graphics Artist.
Image Image
Download TT | Latest TTDPatch | OpenTTD | OpenTTDCoop | BaNaNaS: OpenTTD content system | 2048² OTTD scenario of the Netherlands
GRF Codec | GRF Crawler | GRF Maker | Usefull graphics & tools sites | NML Documentation Wiki | NFO Documentation Wiki
All my graphics are licensed under GPL. "Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else."
AndersI
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by AndersI »

As Purno says - the white/gray should be darker. There's also a strange red/yellow blob in sprite 723 - is one of the doors red? If so, it should be seen in sprites 725 and 727 too.

The square doors need more variation so they dont look like a large white square.

The green pixels Purno is asking about are the windows. I think it would be better to use the blue-gray in this color scheme, especially as there is a blue line under the windows on the prototype. It's too thin to be given a whole pixel row, but it might work with a bluish tint in the gray under the windows, together with the color change of the windows.

There's also a question about the roof - how far does the red color go? I think one more pixel row of the roof should be red (and the last pixel row also?).

All that aside, it's a good start. If you fix the things said here, I'll put it into the set as yet another livery for the Y1.
OSkar000
Engineer
Engineer

Post by OSkar000 »

AndersI wrote:As Purno says - the white/gray should be darker. There's also a strange red/yellow blob in sprite 723 - is one of the doors red? If so, it should be seen in sprites 725 and 727 too.

The square doors need more variation so they dont look like a large white square.

The green pixels Purno is asking about are the windows. I think it would be better to use the blue-gray in this color scheme, especially as there is a blue line under the windows on the prototype. It's too thin to be given a whole pixel row, but it might work with a bluish tint in the gray under the windows, together with the color change of the windows.

There's also a question about the roof - how far does the red color go? I think one more pixel row of the roof should be red (and the last pixel row also?).

All that aside, it's a good start. If you fix the things said here, I'll put it into the set as yet another livery for the Y1.
When i look at i now i see that i mixed up JLT and Värmlandstrafiken, both has yellow and gray in the livery and i looked at the wrong picture when i compared the gray shade. JLT has a lighter gray color.. and it was that one i used when i made my red/gray version. Ill repaint the doors at the same time.

Ill try with some blue tint on the windows instead of the green to see how it looks, as you say it might be better that way, mainly because of the blue line below the windows.

There should be some more red on the roof.. and i think i have to ad the air condition units too.

Saibot
Chairman
Chairman

Post by Saibot »

This is coming along nicely I think :)

And by the way, Oskar, are you the "buss-snackare" Oskar000? :P
OSkar000
Engineer
Engineer

Post by OSkar000 »

Saibot wrote:This is coming along nicely I think :)

And by the way, Oskar, are you the "buss-snackare" Oskar000? :P
Yes, thats me.. I'm the one and only OSkar000, also found on SweClockers and some other swedish forums :)

I made some changes to the gray/red Y1. Any suggestions for improvements?
Attachments
New version, i think its better this way.
New version, i think its better this way.
y1_red3.png (3.38 KiB) Viewed 6148 times
AndersI
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by AndersI »

Yes, that's much better. I'd still like it even darker, but I think it boils down to personal preferences. My suggestion would be something like the picture below, but that doesn't mean it is more right than yours.

The only thing I'm definitely against in your sprite is too much blue in the windows. In reality, windows look almost black.
Attachments
Y1.png
Y1.png (538 Bytes) Viewed 6130 times
AndersI
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by AndersI »

Just to let you know there's still progress (although very slow for the moment) in this project. I had high hopes for this weekend, planning to get some time for my trains, but I was grounded completely by a very intensive cold. Lying in bed with over 39 Centigrade one isn't drawing any trains...
Attachments
X3
X3
x3.png (253.81 KiB) Viewed 5971 times
The steamer is slooowly taking shape...
The steamer is slooowly taking shape...
r.png (1.04 KiB) Viewed 5968 times
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

Very nice graphics, keep up the good work, and get well soon, if you haven't done that yet.
Contributor to the The 2cc Set and Dutch Trainset. Inventor of the Metro concept. Retired Graphics Artist.
Image Image
Download TT | Latest TTDPatch | OpenTTD | OpenTTDCoop | BaNaNaS: OpenTTD content system | 2048² OTTD scenario of the Netherlands
GRF Codec | GRF Crawler | GRF Maker | Usefull graphics & tools sites | NML Documentation Wiki | NFO Documentation Wiki
All my graphics are licensed under GPL. "Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else."
lobster
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by lobster »

oh, very nice! that steamer looks awesome, crisp graphics indeed.
"Your mother was a lobster, and your father... was also a lobster" -- The rascal formerly known as astath -- Last.fm -- Official TT-Dave Worley Fan Club

<orudge> make love to me while I surf, dear lobster
Jonatan
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Jonatan »

Ooooh, the Littra R, heavyest steamer built by SJ. And great that you'll be doing the legendary F1200.
The F's had a tub tender looking like a sliced oildrum with a coalbox on it.

And I think you forgot one of the most important engines for those trains where niether the F or R would be needed, namely the B. ;)

Oh yeah, the X3's headlights and grille(?) looks like an alien in that photo. :P

/Jonatan
If you can't read this it's because you have no invisible ink de-invisibilizer.
OSkar000
Engineer
Engineer

Post by OSkar000 »

AndersI wrote:Yes, that's much better. I'd still like it even darker, but I think it boils down to personal preferences. My suggestion would be something like the picture below, but that doesn't mean it is more right than yours.

The only thing I'm definitely against in your sprite is too much blue in the windows. In reality, windows look almost black.
I made a new version, i think this one is a bit better then the old one. I made the windows much darker (to dark?) and made some small changes to the doors so the dont look so big and bright.
Attachments
y1_red4.png
y1_red4.png (1.42 KiB) Viewed 5768 times
AndersI
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by AndersI »

It's good enough for me! GRF updated, see first post for download.

Btw. OSkar000, what livery is this? Your ramblings left me in some doubt...
Dave

Post by Dave »

I love that EMU! Very sleek!
Official TT-Dave Fan Club

Dave's Screenshot Thread! - Albion: A fictional Britain
Flickr

Why be a song when you can be a symphony? r is a...
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

The EMU seems to have 4 coaches tho, one without a pantograph.

And that railcar, shouldn't the roof be darker?

Nonetheless, good graphics.
Image Image
OSkar000
Engineer
Engineer

Post by OSkar000 »

AndersI wrote:It's good enough for me! GRF updated, see first post for download.

Btw. OSkar000, what livery is this? Your ramblings left me in some doubt...
Thats a good question. The Y1 that runs in between Linköping and Västervik has this livery and according to http://www.jarnvag.net its Östgötatrafikens livery but that cant be right.

I hope i have an answear to this tomorrow, i just posted the question on one of the biggest train-related forums in sweden.
AndersI
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by AndersI »

Purno wrote:The EMU seems to have 4 coaches tho, one without a pantograph.
Sure! It's in the works (actually it's just missing from the picture).
Purno the dark master wrote:And that railcar, shouldn't the roof be darker?
I'll leave the commenting microphone to OSkar000 ...
Thanks from me :-) (OSkar000 will speak for himself).
OSkar000
Engineer
Engineer

Post by OSkar000 »

Purno wrote: And that railcar, shouldn't the roof be darker?

Thanks :) I just did the easy bit since I just had to repaint it with new colors :)

I dont think so, the color on the roof seems to be the same on all Y1's. There is only one problem, you never see the roof in real life unless you stand on a bridge.

Ill see if i can take som new photos from the above... only one Y1 is running at the moment because the other two is broken down (as usual...) so it might take a while.
AndersI
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by AndersI »

OSkar000: Where do you live? Somewhere in Östergötland? My original home town is Mjölby even though I've spent the last 27 years in Eskilstuna.

Return to “Graphics Development”