OpenTTD 0.5.0-RC5

OpenTTD is a fully open-sourced reimplementation of TTD, written in C++, boasting improved gameplay and many new features.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

Ben_K
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Ben_K »

Turulo wrote:Also available for PSP :) Unofficial for now.
http://openttd.teamjak.net
Im desperately wanting this for my night shifts but Im unable to run a loader at the moment! Doh!
Turulo
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Turulo »

Ben_K wrote: Im desperately wanting this for my night shifts but Im unable to run a loader at the moment! Doh!
You can downgrade to 1.50 if your psp has 3.03 firmware or later.
http://pspupdates.qj.net/Are-you-ready- ... /aid/80842

Then upgrade to 3.10-OE to be able to run hombrew on latest firmware.
Rubidium
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by Rubidium »

Invisble wrote:Now all that is needed is a nightly release for the windows 64bit platforms :D
That will be much more likely to happen when the mingw cross compiler toolkit can actually compile for Win64; now there is no way to automatically make a Windows 64 binary without actually using Windows and the compile farm is a Linux.

The first signs of a x86_64 compiler for mingw have shown, but it is still in a highly experimental state.
Brianetta
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Brianetta »

Do bear in mind that the OE firmwares are modifications which are in breach of the license agreement from Sony, which renders the license void. Simply speaking, it's a pirate version, no matter how you get it or what you already own.
PGP fingerprint: E66A 9D58 AA10 E967 41A6 474E E41D 10AE 082C F3ED
YOYO
Engineer
Engineer

Post by YOYO »

i dont know if it has to do with RC5
But im getting this messages from the console:

RC 3 Server

Code: Select all

Recived invalid packet type 173
Rc 5 Server

Code: Select all

Recived invalid packet type 173 from ***.***.***.***:portnumber
Has it to do with RC 5?
If not contact through PM plz :)
Brianetta
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Brianetta »

YOYO, that's just providing you with additional information about where the invalid UDP packet is coming from. It lets you check the IP address against those of your players, and determine whether it's legitimate traffic or some loser somewhere trying to exploit your machine.
YOYO
Engineer
Engineer

Post by YOYO »

Hmm ty Brainetta.
Funny its constant the same IP.
Can i do something about that?
Brianetta
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Brianetta »

If you have root access to your server's OS, you can prohibit the route to that IP. In that case, it'll appear to them that your machine just vanished off the net.
xukeke
Engineer
Engineer

Post by xukeke »

Rubidium wrote:
xukeke wrote:I can't find Chinese in language choice :(

How to let the game support the language
See the first post of this topic.
THX But I found none of the mirrors works.. :?

who can send me a working mirror thx!
maartena
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by maartena »

RvL wrote:Thank you for this release!

Is it possible to insert the DirectSound driver, written by Darkvater, in the next release?

As you can read in this topic, (some?) Windows Vista users are experiencing very choppy soundeffects (Win32 WaveOut driver) while music (DirectMusic driver) is okay. This is because you can't address the soundcard directly through DirectX any more.

Darkvater has written a DirectSound driver which works perfectly. But the only release with this driver is in that topic and you can't play multiplayer with it.
I was wondering about this too :) The Directsound driver works great with Vista. I was hoping it would make it into the final 0.5.0.
Guess what! I got a fever! And the only prescription...... is MORE COWBELL!
thomasau
Engineer
Engineer

Post by thomasau »

Hello all, I'm one of the Traditional Chinese translator of OpenTTD.

I don't know if this is the right place to ask translation related questions here, but I'll go anyway :P

We are having problems (I believe Jap/SC are having the same problem) on the date translation and the Company League table. First of all, could the date format be re-arranged to YYYYMMDD ? It looks more natural to Chinese and Japanese when the dates are in Chinese characters (kanji).

BTW, I noticed that the date and the position of company in the league table are using the same set of strings(1st, 2nd, etc...). Since the literal representation of dates and positions are quite different (Think of "day 1" and "No. 1"). Do we have any workarounds?

Thanks for answering and for developing such a good game!
Bjarni
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Bjarni »

thomasau wrote:Hello all, I'm one of the Traditional Chinese translator of OpenTTD.

I don't know if this is the right place to ask translation related questions here, but I'll go anyway :P

We are having problems (I believe Jap/SC are having the same problem) on the date translation and the Company League table. First of all, could the date format be re-arranged to YYYYMMDD ? It looks more natural to Chinese and Japanese when the dates are in Chinese characters (kanji).

BTW, I noticed that the date and the position of company in the league table are using the same set of strings(1st, 2nd, etc...). Since the literal representation of dates and positions are quite different (Think of "day 1" and "No. 1"). Do we have any workarounds?

Thanks for answering and for developing such a good game!
you mean like this?
(I did a dirty hack. I just want to know if I understood you correctly before making the code nice)

Also the English town names really stick out. Ever wondered about making Chinese town names?
Attachments
date string test.png
date string test.png (30.68 KiB) Viewed 5236 times
thomasau
Engineer
Engineer

Post by thomasau »

Bjarni wrote:
you mean like this?
(I did a dirty hack. I just want to know if I understood you correctly before making the code nice)

Also the English town names really stick out. Ever wondered about making Chinese town names?
Exactly! Of course we also need a "year" character appended to the year, so the proper date format in Chinese will look like YYYY "year" MM "month" DD "day". It would be nice if we can modify the date format directly through the translator2 interface.

About the town names, how many cases we have to provide? Because Chinese town names are somewhat... irregular. But anyway English town names are okay for me.
Bjarni
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Bjarni »

thomasau wrote:About the town names, how many cases we have to provide? Because Chinese town names are somewhat... irregular. But anyway English town names are okay for me.
You can do as the French guys ended up doing: find a list of all "province capitals" or cities with more than x citizens and considering the population of China, it would generate enough town names. The actual town limit in the game is rather high though. Generally town names are generated based on substrings that are joined together at random, but if the town names are too irregular for that solution, then the list will have to be rather long.
thomasau
Engineer
Engineer

Post by thomasau »

Bjarni wrote:Generally town names are generated based on substrings that are joined together at random, but if the town names are too irregular for that solution, then the list will have to be rather long.
Finally I have some ideas on it. But where should I start? Other than submitting a diff of namegen.h(And what about the compatibility of UTF-8 on different compilers?), are there anything I have to take care with?
Thanks for answering.
doktorhonig
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by doktorhonig »

Will the final 0.5.0 version need freetype and fontconfig? I don't have msttcorefonts in my repository and don't want to add it, if it's not necessary.

EDIT: Using Debian Etch.
Rubidium
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by Rubidium »

Are the msttcorefonts required for the 0.5.0-RC5 Debian package?
doktorhonig
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by doktorhonig »

Actually it requires libfontconfig1 and libfreetype. This wouldn't be a problem, but the dependencies go down to msttcorefonts.
There's an entry in the Changelog about fontconfig, but since this is a dedicated server, I would skip this version, if a 0.5.0-dedicated package will be released.
chentz
Engineer
Engineer

Post by chentz »

Hello,everybody!I'm a newbie from Mainland,China.
I've got a problem:I've downloaded the pack of .lng(s),I can find "Simplified Chinese"in Game Opitons,but when I choose it ,all the words changed to "??????"(it doesn't work :cry: :cry: ),how can I do?(In Windows XP SP2 Simplified Chinese Version)
Rubidium
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by Rubidium »

Set a font with Simplified Chinese unicode glyphs in openttd.cfg as described in the readme.

Return to “General OpenTTD”