OpenTTD 0.5.0-RC5

OpenTTD is a fully open-sourced reimplementation of TTD, written in C++, boasting improved gameplay and many new features.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

Rubidium
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

OpenTTD 0.5.0-RC5

Post by Rubidium »

Release Candidate 5 is out and will hopefully the last.

Translators have done a great job; we've had quite some work with backporting all the changes. As a result Korean, Simplified Chinese and Traditional Chinese are now added.

Downloads over at http://www.openttd.org/downloads.php Please be patient while SF distributes the files and we compile more binaries.

Link to RC4 forum post: OpenTTD 0.5.0-RC4
Link to RC3 forum post: OpenTTD 0.5.0-RC3
Link to RC2 forum post: OpenTTD 0.5.0-RC2
Link to RC1 forum post: OpenTTD 0.5.0-RC1

Translations
For people bothered by a few translations that were in 0.5.0-RC4 and got removed in 0.5.0-RC5 or people who would like to play with Korean or Simplified/Traditional Chinese (under Windows): download one of the updated language 'packs' (see the attachments of this post) and place the *.lng from the archive in the lang directory of your OpenTTD installation, i.e. you should be overwriting the old language files.

Changes since RC4:
[list]
[*]- Feature: Requery gameservers that did not respond to their first query (r8520, r8542)
[*]- Feature: Logging of the IP address and port of invalid/illegal UDP packets (r8490)
[*]- Codechange: Replace missing sprites with a red question mark (r8634)
[*]- Codechange: Add Korean, Simplified Chinese and Traditional Chinese languages as an official translation (r8286, r8324, r8616)
[*]- Codechange: Increase the size of the sound/video/music-drivers to 32 bytes (instead of 16) so their actual parameters can be passed. Sound has for example bufsize' and 'hz' (r8497)
[*]- Codechange: Be more strict about language generation and fail any languages not having the mandatory ##name, ##ownname and ##isocode pragma's (r8253)
[*]- Fix: Draw canal edges under buoys that are in a canal (r8635)
[*]- Fix: Buoys on canal tiles do not flood anymore (r8620)
[*]- Fix: Store the ownership of a water tile in the buoy tile and set the ownership of the water tile when the buoy is removed. Prevents certain abuses (r8619)
[*]- Fix: When the currently selected player in the performance details window is no longer active, choose the first active player instead of the first player as that may also be inactive [FS#582] (r8612)
[*]- Fix: Road vehicle very close after another (slower) road vehicle gets its speed reset to 0 when entering a tunnel, which causes a traffic jam outside of the tunnel (r8609)
[*]- Fix: Bridges do not get destroyed when the bridge head gets flooded and there is a vehicle on the bridge [FS#564] (r8593)
[*]- Fix: Road Vehicles now can obtain a slot even if the station is very spread out [FS#577] (r8536)
[*]- Fix: Segmentation fault when the toolbar gets removed and you have selected one of the items in a submenu of the toolbar (r8533)
[*]- Fix: Deleting a vehicle with shared orders, but no orders would fail to reset prev_shared and next_shared (r8294)[/list]

List of fixes for bugs that were introduced after 0.4.8/RC4:
Changes since RC4:
[list]
[*]- Feature: check for NewGRF compatability before actually downloading the map from a game server when connecting from the command prompt and internal console (r8459, r8461)
[*]- Codechange: Rename the 'New <vehtype>' button of the global vehicle lists to 'Available <vehtype>' as it is a view-only list, not one from which you can purchase (rolling) stock. (r8420, r8421)
[*]- Regression: Help window was empty for UNICODE builds (r8239)
[*]- Regression: When the latest news was deleted, the news queue wrapped back to the oldest item, showing all news again (r8409)
[*]- Regression: ShowLastNewsMessage could show an out-of-bounds news item because it did not checked if a previous item actually existed the first time it is called (forced news is INVALID_NEWS) [FS#573] (r8409)
[*]- Fix: GenerateVehicleSortList()/CmdMassStartStopVehicle() tried to put a TileIndex into an uint16 (r8296)
[*]- Fix: [YAPF] Assert when buoy is placed on NE or NW map edge (r8540)
[*]- Fix: you were unable to build roads in the scenario editor when there is no town 0, even though there are other towns (r8608)
[*]- Fix: Put the output of -h to stdout and not to stderr (through ShowInfo) (r8240)
[*]- Fix: use ShowInfo over fprintf(stderr, as Windows doesn't always have a stderr visible/available (r8315)
[*]- Fix: return value from clamp was ignored (r8273)
[*]- Fix: [OSX] freetype and fontconfig detection (r8500)
[*]- Fix: CTRL-clicking on a hangar in the order list segfaulted as hangars are part of a station instead of real depots (8637)[/list]
Last edited by Rubidium on 10 Feb 2007 09:43, edited 2 times in total.
DeletedUser21
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by DeletedUser21 »

Ah good work devs! We'll see if there are more RC's coming up or the final will be the last official 0.5.0 release. :)

One minor cosmetic suggestion, when you click the 'available trains' button you see indeed all the available trains but with the build train button always grayed out, is it possible to remove this button entirely only if the user presses the 'available trains' button? :)
a.locritani
Engineer
Engineer

Debian package?

Post by a.locritani »

Where is Debian package? There's not on sourceforge...
Rubidium
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by Rubidium »

The person who makes the Debian packages has not yet had time to make them.
Connum
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Connum »

Thanks to everyone who has been helping developing!
I'm going to test it right now...
English is not my native language, so please excuse me if I sometimes might appear a bit harsh or if I make a spelling or grammar mistake!
Mchl
Director
Director

Post by Mchl »

No diagonal tracks under bridges? :(
I was so hoping this patch will make it to the official release...

I will check that buoy thing then. :)
Rubidium
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by Rubidium »

Diagonal tracks under bridges will make it into the official release, however, it will be 0.6.
Jasper30010
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Jasper30010 »

there will be Openttd 0.5.0 after 0.6 :D
DeletedUser21
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by DeletedUser21 »

A version 5 'after' a version 6? :shock:
Thats new to me. :P

Anyway, why is the diagonal tracks under bridges to be postponed until version zero dot six? :)
RvL
Engineer
Engineer

Post by RvL »

Thank you for this release!

Is it possible to insert the DirectSound driver, written by Darkvater, in the next release?

As you can read in this topic, (some?) Windows Vista users are experiencing very choppy soundeffects (Win32 WaveOut driver) while music (DirectMusic driver) is okay. This is because you can't address the soundcard directly through DirectX any more.

Darkvater has written a DirectSound driver which works perfectly. But the only release with this driver is in that topic and you can't play multiplayer with it.
YOYO
Engineer
Engineer

Post by YOYO »

I have a littel question about installing.
I got RC4 now but if i install RC5 does the main cfg gets rewritten?
DeletedUser21
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by DeletedUser21 »

no, that didn't happen for me, you can safely install OTTD 0.5.0 RC5. :D
klogg
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by klogg »

Rubidium wrote:Diagonal tracks under bridges will make it into the official release, however, it will be 0.6.
Maybe you mean 0.5? Please do so...

klogg
PikkaBird
Graphics Moderator
Graphics Moderator

Post by PikkaBird »

klogg wrote:Maybe you mean 0.5? Please do so...
This is "hopefully the last" Release Candidate for 0.5.0, and does not feature diagonal tracks under bridges. Do you think he meant diagonal tracks under bridges will be in 0.5.0?
accipiter2000
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by accipiter2000 »

it seems the great time are coming soon :lol:
Invisble
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Invisble »

Great Work Dev's. Just downloaded and Installed the Windows-64 version of RC5 fro the 64bit chips and running in Vista I get no choppy sound.

Congratulations and well done :D:D:D:D:D

Now all that is needed is a nightly release for the windows 64bit platforms :D
http://www.tearsofangels.co.uk A place to share and discuss works of art in a Christian inspired atmosphere.
Turulo
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Turulo »

Also available for PSP :) Unofficial for now.
http://openttd.teamjak.net

xukeke
Engineer
Engineer

Post by xukeke »

I can't find Chinese in language choice :(

How to let the game support the language
Born Acorn
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Born Acorn »

klogg wrote:
Rubidium wrote:Diagonal tracks under bridges will make it into the official release, however, it will be 0.6.
Maybe you mean 0.5? Please do so...

klogg
They're in trunk, but trunk is separate from 0.5.0, so no. It'll be in 0.6.0.
Rubidium
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by Rubidium »

xukeke wrote:I can't find Chinese in language choice :(

How to let the game support the language
See the first post of this topic.

Return to “General OpenTTD”