Looking for this roadset.

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

Ben_K
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Ben_K »

To me, that looks great. Really very good. See what everyone else thinks....

Well done! :D

(Where are you in Poland?)
flasher86
Engineer
Engineer

Post by flasher86 »

Nice to hear you like it :lol:

So, I am still waiting for somebody else opinion, If you like it I can release this grf even now, grf file is done. :wink:

ps. I wasnt really sure that you are Polish too :wink: I am from small city (called Pionki) near Radom. And where is placed that Gatwick whitch you are from?
Ben_K
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Ben_K »

Well, I like it but its probably a nicer idea to wait for a few more opinions first! (If its no hassle, then a grf would be great ;)). Of course, what is more important is if you are happy with it!

O/T:
Gatwick is a large airport about 20 miles south of London. I live near there. Im English but my girlfriend is Polish. She is from Kozy (near Bielsko). Hence, my Polish is very limited! :?
flasher86
Engineer
Engineer

Post by flasher86 »

Ok, I see there is not many interested people, but some I think would like to use it, so here it is.

I must mention that is not whole us roads set with all these depots and station graphics. This grf is only a kind of supplement, a completion. You will need to use US Roads grf too.

Note that I didnt check the dos version of it.

EDIT: Now its compatible with US and also UK Roads (so the name of this set has been changed to stats4roads). There is no need to set a parameter, it detects type of road automatically.

Enjoy :wink:
Attachments
stats4roadsw.grf
2.0 Windows version
(30.54 KiB) Downloaded 4611 times
stats4roads.grf
2.0 Dos version
(30.52 KiB) Downloaded 1190 times
Last edited by flasher86 on 12 Feb 2007 19:42, edited 2 times in total.
Ben_K
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Ben_K »

Ah, will it not work without the US Roads set? Im using Borns UK roadset. If not, any chance you could substitute the UK roadset into it?
skidd13
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by skidd13 »

flasher86 wrote:Ok, I see there is not many interested people, but some I think would like to use it, so here it is.

I must mention that is not whole us roads set with all these depots and station graphics. This grf is only a kind of supplement, a completion. You will need to use US Roads grf too.

Nice work. :bow:
I noticed you don't check in the NFO if the US-roadset is availible. Add an action 07 which checks if the us-roadset-grf-id is availible else skip the gfx or throw a warning.
What does that mean - the circumstances? I determine what circumstances prevail. -- Napoleon Bonaparte
---
If we cannot end now our differences, at least we can help make the world safe for diversity. -- John F. Kennedy
---
Our problems are man-made, therefore they may be solved by man. No problem of human destiny is beyond human beings. -- John F. Kennedy
flasher86
Engineer
Engineer

Post by flasher86 »

Ben_K. Why should this work with some UK Roads? :D This whole topic has created becouse I wanted to play with US Roads and these stations at a time.

I thought it clear becouse this grf fits only to US Roads. The asphalt has been drew directly on the stations sprites and its not quite simple to change that.

Skidd13 thanks for advice, I have done so. Grf file is updated now and it contains action 7 as you mentioned. But I have noticed that in OpenTTD there is no warning. I have just tested it on TTDPatch and warning becomes when there is no US Roads loaded, but on OpenTTD nothing happens. Have I done something wrong? Or its just OpenTTD lacks of NewGrf support.
skidd13
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by skidd13 »

flasher86 wrote:Skidd13 thanks for advice, I have done so. Grf file is updated now and it contains action 7 as you mentioned. But I have noticed that in OpenTTD there is no warning. I have just tested it on TTDPatch and warning becomes when there is no US Roads loaded, but on OpenTTD nothing happens. Have I done something wrong? Or its just OpenTTD lacks of NewGrf support.
TTDPatch is the standard for GRF, so if the GRF works in Patch right, the lack of Open should be the problem. If you want some more info ask one of the devs.
What does that mean - the circumstances? I determine what circumstances prevail. -- Napoleon Bonaparte
---
If we cannot end now our differences, at least we can help make the world safe for diversity. -- John F. Kennedy
---
Our problems are man-made, therefore they may be solved by man. No problem of human destiny is beyond human beings. -- John F. Kennedy
Ben_K
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Ben_K »

flasher86 wrote:Ben_K. Why should this work with some UK Roads? :D This whole topic has created becouse I wanted to play with US Roads and these stations at a time.
I know, I appreciate that. :) I'll keep them for my US games then ;)
flasher86
Engineer
Engineer

Post by flasher86 »

perhaphs I could improve it so it could works with other roadsets, but for now there will be support only for US Roads :wink:
skidd13
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by skidd13 »

Another improvement could be to add the level crossings for monorail and maglev. I needed a bit diversion, so I drew them.
This would merge to a full addon for US-roads.
Attachments
full.png
full.png (18.45 KiB) Viewed 22250 times
---
---
flasher86
Engineer
Engineer

Post by flasher86 »

hmm thanks, It shoud be added but on previous page Wallyweb said something very smart.
Think about real life situations. How would you build a level crossing across a monorail or a maglev track? It is impossible.
This is holy truth. Just look at how the car suppose to drive over those crossings. Its not possible. In monorail case it would be more realistic if on alongside of the rail would be drew some kind of depression, just like in standard railroads crossings. The asphalt should be in the same level as monorail I think.

In maglev it wont be so easy. I dont have a clue for now. Or just leave maglev in state as it is.
skidd13
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by skidd13 »

flasher86 wrote:hmm thanks, It shoud be added but on previous page Wallyweb said something very smart.
Yeah, your right, but OTTD is not realistic in each case, but I think over a solution that could fit a bit better.
PS: I'm coding the level-crossings right now, so don't wast your time. ;)
---
---
skidd13
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by skidd13 »

Coding done! Here is the windows-grf. I'll update the sprites for monorail later (maybe next week or so, cause of exams in the near future).

EDIT:
ATM just WIN-version!!
Attachments
usroad_addon.grf
level-crossings (monorail+maglev) for the US-Roadset
(75 KiB) Downloaded 851 times
---
---
Samwise
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Samwise »

flasher86 wrote:Ok, I see there is not many interested people, but some I think would like to use it, so here it is.

Oh sorry, I am interested, but I was only following this topic, not posting in it! :oops: Will download this straight away! :D
flasher86
Engineer
Engineer

Post by flasher86 »

It really nice to hear something like that :lol:
Born Acorn
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Born Acorn »

flasher86 wrote:perhaphs I could improve it so it could works with other roadsets, but for now there will be support only for US Roads :wink:
Give me a shout if you decide to do this with the UK Roadset and I can provide you with a blank tile of UK Roadset texture.
flasher86
Engineer
Engineer

Post by flasher86 »

Ok, I can do this, give me that texture and I will improve it, add a parameter to grf, or some kind of Autodetect type of roadset.
Born Acorn
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Born Acorn »

The big square should do it.
flasher86
Engineer
Engineer

Post by flasher86 »

OK, thanks. This help me much. I will try to do something with this tomorow :wink:

Return to “Graphics Development”