George's Long vehicles V4 beta4 is out (07 sep 2007)

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

Redirect Left
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Redirect Left »

Where the eck is George? Has he abandoned us?
Need some good tested AI? - Unofficial AI Tester, list of good stuff & thread is here.
DaleStan
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by DaleStan »

metallicsomber wrote:been really wanting to add some of the ECS cargos but its giveing me a frightrful headache trying to figure it all out.
What part is giving you a headache?
Action 0 feature 08 property 09? Action 2? Action 3?
To get a good answer, ask a Smart Question. Similarly, if you want a bug fixed, write a Useful Bug Report. No TTDPatch crashlog? Then follow directions.
Projects: NFORenum (download) | PlaneSet (Website) | grfcodec (download) | grfdebug.log parser
metallicsomber
Engineer
Engineer

Post by metallicsomber »

Really all of the cargo actions. The Tutorial just talks about an engine for a train, it don't really talk A LOT about how to make something that uses cargo. But for that I guess we need to talk about that in my Help tread so we don't clutter up this one with my newb questions hehe. :?

http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?t=27495

I'll actually try and create a truck or train wagon, and parts that confuse me I'll try and explain why I don't understand.
Grigory1
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Grigory1 »

Hi. all!
George wrote:I am alive, only is very borrowed on a life. At me all by way of TTD now I am not engaged. (26.09.2006)
Let's hope, that time and for TTD will be fast...
Success and successes in affairs!
Ramshill
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Ramshill »

Nice to know your well George. Take a break and enjoy REAL life for a while, You will come back to us refreshed and raring to go :wink:
I maybe old but at least I'm not dead (yet).
OK! I admit it I AM dead (from the neck up)
SAC
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SAC »

Just got word from George and he's safe and sound. :P It's just that real life is keeping him very busy at the moment, but he's every intention to return and continue his work! :D
Simuscape - Chose Your Destination;
Simuscape | Visual Studio | INFRA Diary

INFRA Downloads - Chose Your Destination;
Simuscape | INFRA - A World of its own
wallyweb
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by wallyweb »

Hi George! It is meee! :lol:

I realize that now that you are back you are working on your ECS industries. However I have a question re LV4.

I noticed for a while now that the vehicle names are the default ttdx names, many from Toyland. The graphics and cargoes still seem to be ok.

Will you be looking at these after you are done with your ECS industries?
George
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by George »

wallyweb wrote:Hi George! It is meee! :lol:
I realize that now that you are back you are working on your ECS industries. However I have a question re LV4.
I noticed for a while now that the vehicle names are the default ttdx names, many from Toyland. The graphics and cargoes still seem to be ok.
Could you give some more information about the problem? May be you use a vehicles dat?
Image Image Image Image
wallyweb
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by wallyweb »

George wrote:
wallyweb wrote:Hi George! It is meee! :lol:
Could you give some more information about the problem? May be you use a vehicles dat?
I checked my ttdx folder and there is no vehicles dat.
The newgrfw and ttdpatchw configurations are the same as the ones I sent to you in the ECS thread. The patch is always the latest nightly.

Here is a png image:
Attachments
veh_names.png
veh_names.png (43.67 KiB) Viewed 4082 times
ISA
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by ISA »

I was having same problem! And if I remember correctly it disappear when I move LV4 up in newgrf.cfg!
wallyweb
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by wallyweb »

ISA wrote:I was having same problem! And if I remember correctly it disappear when I move LV4 up in newgrf.cfg!
ttdpbasew.grf, 4LVw.grf and 4LVCutw.grf were the only grf 's turned on for that screen shot. :?
ISA
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by ISA »

wallyweb wrote:
ISA wrote:I was having same problem! And if I remember correctly it disappear when I move LV4 up in newgrf.cfg!
ttdpbasew.grf, 4LVw.grf and 4LVCutw.grf were the only grf 's turned on for that screen shot. :?
Or maybe I replace it :D OK but I did get these names away somehow :? :oops:
George
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by George »

wallyweb wrote:
George wrote:
wallyweb wrote:Hi George! It is meee! :lol: I realize that now that you are back you are working on your ECS industries. However I have a question re LV4. I noticed for a while now that the vehicle names are the default ttdx names, many from Toyland. The graphics and cargoes still seem to be ok. Will you be looking at these after you are done with your ECS industries?
The newgrfw and ttdpatchw configurations are the same as the ones I sent to you in the ECS thread. The patch is always the latest nightly.
Here is a png image:
Have a close look for vehicles.dat file in the root of TTD folder. I just made a test and got the same problem as soon as I created it.
Image Image Image Image
wallyweb
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by wallyweb »

George wrote:
wallyweb wrote:
George wrote:Could you give some more information about the problem? May be you use a vehicles dat?
Here is a png image:
Have a close look for vehicles.dat file in the root of TTD folder. I just made a test and got the same problem as soon as I created it.
I Fixed it! :D I did not have vehicles.dat installed so I checked my LV4 versions. A while ago I downloaded the June 2006 rars but I forgot to unpack and install the files. I was still running the old version. :oops: but it is fixed now! 8) Thanks George and ISA.
goalie
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by goalie »

what is new or fixed in the 19th feb 2007 version
George
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by George »

goalie wrote:what is new or fixed in the 19th feb 2007 version
Small fix
Image Image Image Image
jacke
Director
Director

Post by jacke »

George, I just tried your long vehicles version 4, but I'm missing a few refitting options I had in version 3. For example, where did the "plywood platform" for the Volvo fh16 option go? and the "chemicals tanker" for the scania truck?

Am I missing something here? Do I need to enable these refitting options somehow? The sprites seem to exist in the GRF file, but I can't find out how to use them in game.
Attachments
Long vehicles version 4
Long vehicles version 4
lv4.png (24.73 KiB) Viewed 2535 times
Long vehicles version 3
Long vehicles version 3
Lv3.png (53.36 KiB) Viewed 2535 times
George
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by George »

jacke wrote:George, I just tried your long vehicles version 4, but I'm missing a few refitting options I had in version 3. For example, where did the "plywood platform" for the Volvo fh16 option go? and the "chemicals tanker" for the scania truck?
Am I missing something here? Do I need to enable these refitting options somehow? The sprites seem to exist in the GRF file, but I can't find out how to use them in game.
You need the special cargo to get them. Ply-wood transporter is intended for "wood products" (In ECS Wood vector or UKRSI), Chemicals tanker is intended for chemicals (ECS Chemical vector). There are many other graphics in LV4 that can be used only with special cargoes available (They are not loaded if they are not used to reduce sprites usage).
Image Image Image Image
jacke
Director
Director

Post by jacke »

George wrote:
jacke wrote:George, I just tried your long vehicles version 4, but I'm missing a few refitting options I had in version 3. For example, where did the "plywood platform" for the Volvo fh16 option go? and the "chemicals tanker" for the scania truck?
You need the special cargo to get them. Ply-wood transporter is intended for "wood products" (In ECS Wood vector or UKRSI), Chemicals tanker is intended for chemicals (ECS Chemical vector). There are many other graphics in LV4 that can be used only with special cargoes available (They are not loaded if they are not used to reduce sprites usage).
Oh, I see, thanks! A new question then...
My plan was to start an Openttd game (no new cargos) in the tropical climate. In order to get these refitting options I instead downloaded version 3 3/4 of the long vehicles, but ran into another problem. I noticed that the FH16 doesn't show up in the tropical climate at all, only in the temperate and arctic climate. It does show up with both version 3 and version 4, but not with 3 3/4. Was this your intension, or is it a "bug"?
According to this page, it should?
George
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by George »

jacke wrote:
George wrote:
Oh, I see, thanks! A new question then...
My plan was to start an Openttd game (no new cargos) in the tropical climate. In order to get these refitting options I instead downloaded version 3 3/4 of the long vehicles, but ran into another problem. I noticed that the FH16 doesn't show up in the tropical climate at all, only in the temperate and arctic climate. It does show up with both version 3 and version 4, but not with 3 3/4. Was this your intension, or is it a "bug"?
I do not know. It should, but if it does not - I do not plan to fix the previous version. As soon as I switch to the next version, I kill the previous one. And I never work on it again. So, I hope LV4 works for you. Let me know if it does not.
Image Image Image Image

Return to “Graphics Development”