North American Industry Set - Updated Tracking Table

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

lobster
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by lobster »

looking excellent! :D
"Your mother was a lobster, and your father... was also a lobster" -- The rascal formerly known as astath -- Last.fm -- Official TT-Dave Worley Fan Club

<orudge> make love to me while I surf, dear lobster
CPCNMAN007
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by CPCNMAN007 »

excellent work DanMack :shock:
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
Oz
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Oz »

Dan! :shock: That looks frickin' great!

My drawing has come to a slow, but steady trickle. It's been hard to find the time with my girlfriend, NCAA college hoops, and the NHL all vying for my time as well. Then there's the ever-present research, which has kicked up a notch.

I have been pecking away at some more buildings for the steel mill, though, when I can. Examples below.

Cheers, and awesome job, again, Dan!
Attachments
Steel Mill Example.png
Steel Mill Example.png (14.99 KiB) Viewed 6455 times
Arguments from authority carry little weight (in science there are no "authorities"). - Dr. Carl Sagan. "The Demon Haunted World"
ImageImage
Sleepie
Director
Director

Post by Sleepie »

Awesome, very detailed graphics :D
Ben_K
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Ben_K »

Dan, great work!

Oz, that Steel Mill is fantastic! :shock:
wallyweb
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by wallyweb »

That steel mill's looking good.
Oz wrote:My drawing has come to a slow, but steady trickle. It's been hard to find the time with my girlfriend, NCAA college hoops, and the NHL all vying for my time as well. Then there's the ever-present research, which has kicked up a notch.
Maybe I can lend a hand. Let's see ... I'm barely taller than a basketball so the hoops are out. Since the Coach (That Cherry guy) left Boston, they need all the fans they can get so I'll leave you with that one. I don't have clue as to what you are researching so that's out too. I know! I could always entertain your girlfriend for a week or two. :wink:
DanMacK
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by DanMacK »

Dude. You. Kick. Ass... :shock: That is EXACTLY what I had in mind when I pictured a steel mill :)

I LOVE IT!!!! Can't wait to see more.
Oz
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Oz »

Hey, Wally, no love for the NHL? I'm lovin' the young buck, Sid Crosby, of the Penguins. Reminds me of Lemieux back in his early days.

Not a Boston College fan at all. :evil: Turncoats left the Big East conference for the ACC. Screw them! My alma mater, University of Pittsburgh (Pitt), is ranked 7th in the nation!

Dunno if you'd be able to handle my girl, man. She's a wild one! And smart to boot with an Ph.D. and an MD. I got pretty lucky with this one!

Dan: Glad you like it! Just a few more mills/buildings, and I think that I'll be able to put this one to bed.

ISA, Ben_K, Sleepie: Thanks, fellas, and welcome aboard, Sleepie!

Cheers!
Arguments from authority carry little weight (in science there are no "authorities"). - Dr. Carl Sagan. "The Demon Haunted World"
ImageImage
Jonatan
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Jonatan »

I just love the look of that steel mill! However, are you basing the colors on the TTD steelmill? I think it looks a little dark, but that might just be me, got problems seeing colors properly.

Keep up the good work! Both of you! :D

/Jonatan
If you can't read this it's because you have no invisible ink de-invisibilizer.
lifeblood
President
President

Post by lifeblood »

Oz, that steel mill is the best thing I've seen in a long while. It inspires me to have a go at a few industries.

Dan, who's doing the auto-assembly plant and components plant? Living in what used to be a GM town, I have a hankering to draw these. Also, are there any claims on the tar sands?
DanMacK
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by DanMacK »

Lifeblood,

I posted the start of an auto plant earlier in the thread, but if you want it, by all means, same w/the auto parts plant.

Go ahead w/the tar sands too, love to see those :) Looking at the stations, I have no doubt you'll do them justice
DanMacK
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by DanMacK »

More In-progress images, the sawmill and a mockup of a ski resort. Currently 5X9, I don't think the ski resort will be 'that' big ;)
Attachments
A CNR passenger train has just dropped off some fungoers at the Mont du Blanc ski resort.
A CNR passenger train has just dropped off some fungoers at the Mont du Blanc ski resort.
SkiResort.png (116 KiB) Viewed 7517 times
Sawmill In progress
Sawmill In progress
Sawmill.png (14.9 KiB) Viewed 6087 times
uzurpator
Transport Empire Moderator
Transport Empire Moderator

Post by uzurpator »

:shock:
All art and vehicle stats I authored for TT and derivatives are as of now PUBLIC DOMAIN! Use as you see fit
Just say NO to the TT fan-art sprite licensing madness. Public domain your art as well.
SkeedR
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SkeedR »

;(
GIMMEGIMMEGIMME!!!
:twisted:
Last known as: Weirdy
Sleepie
Director
Director

Post by Sleepie »

:shock: Amazing... But where are the skiers??? :lol: Just a joke - really great work :D
Marshy
Director
Director

Post by Marshy »

:shock: :shock:
michael blunck
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by michael blunck »

> But where are the skiers???

Hehe. For the AlpineClimate industries I have something suspiciously similar in development. O/c with skiers´ and ski-lift animation. 8)

regards
Michael
Sleepie
Director
Director

Post by Sleepie »

michael blunck wrote:> But where are the skiers???

Hehe. For the AlpineClimate industries I have something suspiciously similar in development. O/c with skiers´ and ski-lift animation. 8)

regards
Michael
Some snow cats and special snow tile sprites to simulate some kind of ski pistes would be also a nice feature for this kind of industry in general.

And having different industry sets for same type of industry would be always good for a deversified scenery. :wink:

Slightly off-topic:

I don't know much of the technical details of "new industries", because I'm an OTTD-player and OTTD new industries support is still in development. So it is possible (in TTDP) to use different new industrie sets, that provides equal industrie chains, side by side in one game?

Edit: forgot one word :wink:
Last edited by Sleepie on 02 Feb 2007 10:45, edited 1 time in total.
wallyweb
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by wallyweb »

oh my oh my oh my oh my oh ... (cont'd pp 6458)
Impression: Wow
Critique: I hope those three tracks in the snow are from snowcats because if they are from skiers, then those are some really big skiers. :wink:
Comments It would appear that we have drawn Michael out of his laboratory/studio just a bit. Did you say animated, Mr. Blunck? 8)
Sleepie wrote:So it is possible (in TTDP) to use different new industrie sets, that provides equal industrie chains, side by side in one game?
That's a good question and a very interesting concept. I do not think that it is possible. There would probably be conflicting IDs. Someone please set me right on this.

Still, having more than one set to select from is great, especially when they are divided nationally or continentally. We will soon have UK, NA and EU to select from. :D

Return to “Graphics Development”