[TTDP/OTTD] Raichase's Official Screenshot Thread

Screenshots of your games! All Transport Tycoon games acceptable (including TTDPatch and OpenTTD).
Ameecher
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Ameecher »

Raichase wrote:Yeah, 'tis a shame, but it still makes for interesting maps, which is good in the meantime. Obviously it will nice when it's fixed, but it's not like we're getting completely illegible maps in the meantime :tongue:
Yeah, that is a plus side, at least you can always create a random game and open it in scenario editor and change things, anyway end of that little off-topic....

Your "main" station in your new game Raichase is gonna be a pain in the neck when you want to double track it! I want to you struggle with that! :tongue:
Raichase
Moderizzle
Moderizzle
Location: Sydney, Australia. Usually at work in the underground railway station...

Post by Raichase »

Ameecher wrote:
Raichase wrote:Yeah, 'tis a shame, but it still makes for interesting maps, which is good in the meantime. Obviously it will nice when it's fixed, but it's not like we're getting completely illegible maps in the meantime :tongue:
Yeah, that is a plus side, at least you can always create a random game and open it in scenario editor
Thats how I play games. I'll load up the scenario editor, mash "random land" a few times till I see something cool, place my first town (which will always be my "larger town" as a "large town" using "random town", unless I see a harbour or a cool valley that it should go in. As thats the only town that will grow larger than a normal TTD town (I have largertowns 100000, so that 1 in 100000 towns will grow larger than a TTD town, thus my first town, and only my first town will grow large)
and change things, anyway end of that little off-topic....
I've toyed with random maps in the past, but placing 30 random towns always yields a better result than a random map. I always get random maps with massive chunks of map industry and townless, which is always dissapointing. All the industrues I place manually are near a town (except gravel quarries), and I only place a couple of shaft coal mines and power plants (I have a grf that Pikka made me that makes all coal mines that appear during the game open pit mines).
Your "main" station in your new game Raichase is gonna be a pain in the neck when you want to double track it!
I'll have to post a map. That line that doubles back under the station will be double tracked, but it won't be the mainline. The mainline will be going eastward, over the mountains. That line is just a branch, and I'm already planning on disconnecting it from the mainline and connecting it to the line going north.
I want to you struggle with that! :tongue:
Mostly so you can see the interesting results I display ;)
Posted by Raichase. Visit my Flickr! Gallery, Blog (get a feed of everyone at once at Planet TT-Forums).
Raichase - Perfect timing, all the time: [13:37] * Now talking in #tycoon
ImageImage
Official TT-Dave Worley Fan Club
Official TT-Andel-in-a-pink-hat Fan Club
Raichase
Moderizzle
Moderizzle
Location: Sydney, Australia. Usually at work in the underground railway station...

Post by Raichase »

Seperate post from the above, to keep discussion apart from the pictures.

Firstly, and in the first shot, how GOOD do Born Acorns roads look with the Japan Set landscape. I'm lucky enough to be testing the landscape support, and they are some of the finest roads I have ever seen!

In the second shot, just a nice picture of a coal train rumbling through a quiet station. As good as my last game was, it didn't feature nice little quaint shots like this one...

Thirdly, a funky coal mine siding, which is where the train is going.
Attachments
SCR611.png
SCR611.png (89.06 KiB) Viewed 2162 times
SCR610.png
SCR610.png (43.44 KiB) Viewed 13959 times
SCR609.png
SCR609.png (42.99 KiB) Viewed 13960 times
Posted by Raichase. Visit my Flickr! Gallery, Blog (get a feed of everyone at once at Planet TT-Forums).
ImageImage
Raichase
Moderizzle
Moderizzle

Post by Raichase »

I suppose the driver knows best :|

[14:29] <Raichase> oh snap, that coal line I posted just now in my thread?
[14:29] <Raichase> just got a subsidy offered on it :D
[14:30] <roboboy> hehe
[14:30] <roboboy> i like it when that happens
[14:32] <Raichase> oh I see, we're going to PUSH the train up the mainline
[14:32] <Raichase> yeah, good call :|
[14:32] * Raichase just hopes he doesn't have to clean up a mashed up brake van :|
[14:32] <Raichase> no running into the back of my passenger train!
[14:32] <Raichase> silly tank engines :P

:))

EDIT: Oh goody, now it's stuck on a hill :tongue:

EDIT2: Yay, profits!
Attachments
SCR612.png
SCR612.png (38.67 KiB) Viewed 13953 times
SCR613.png
SCR613.png (32.74 KiB) Viewed 13948 times
SCR614.png
SCR614.png (17.48 KiB) Viewed 13945 times
ImageImage
Born Acorn
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Born Acorn »

Woo free publicity! :P

Great screens Rai.
Raichase
Moderizzle
Moderizzle

Post by Raichase »

Oops, slipped down the page.

How embarassing.

Look, more free advertising for BA!

Due to the whole conversation I've been having with Dave Worley, he's been giving me some insights into the various branch lines and main lines in the UK. So, feeling thus inspired to recreate some of these in TTD (with remarkable efficiancy), here we have some shots from the current game...

Far cooler looking than a bus, is my little 0-6-0 tram engine, with it's two coaches. It connects with trains on the eastern coast line (currently not running due to a bunch of works being done to the north). It travels from Kettering (Pic1) to Clitheroe (pic2), and then on to Langley Beach* (pic3). It was far cheaper to send the mainline straight on and build the little branch, which will hopefully continue serving passengers and visitors to the seaside towns.

* Note that, for the sake of not going bankrupt, Langley is all one "station" joined together, although the smaller platform is called "Langley Beach" for the sake of realism.
Attachments
SCR625.png
SCR625.png (45.18 KiB) Viewed 13811 times
SCR624.png
SCR624.png (42.54 KiB) Viewed 13812 times
SCR623.png
SCR623.png (43.8 KiB) Viewed 13814 times
ImageImage
Raichase
Moderizzle
Moderizzle

Post by Raichase »

Oooh, pretty.
Attachments
The terminus on the eastern corner of the map. Currently there is no direct connection to Stapleford, the main city. Soon to change :D
The terminus on the eastern corner of the map. Currently there is no direct connection to Stapleford, the main city. Soon to change :D
SCR628.png (57.5 KiB) Viewed 13797 times
The mainline train, running early is forced to wait at Kettering for the late running branch service.
The mainline train, running early is forced to wait at Kettering for the late running branch service.
SCR627.png (31.88 KiB) Viewed 13800 times
Mainline service passing the Brewery at Leeds.
Mainline service passing the Brewery at Leeds.
SCR626.png (60.9 KiB) Viewed 13801 times
ImageImage
Raichase
Moderizzle
Moderizzle

Post by Raichase »

While I'm here, here's Stapleford, 1932. I'm rather impressed.
Attachments
SCR629.png
SCR629.png (261.39 KiB) Viewed 2272 times
ImageImage
Louie Armstrong
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Louie Armstrong »

me too raichase, i rather like the tunnel under the station building
Martin
Chairman
Chairman

Post by Martin »

Wow, I was surprised enough to see Morecambe in this thread, but now here's Clitheroe! :o
:)
Dave

Post by Dave »

Fantastic :D Glad to see I'm of some use.
Official TT-Dave Fan Club

Dave's Screenshot Thread! - Albion: A fictional Britain
Flickr

Why be a song when you can be a symphony? r is a...
Ben_K
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Ben_K »

Hi Raichase, really pretty shots you have there. Liking it!
Raichase
Moderizzle
Moderizzle

Post by Raichase »

Dave Worley wrote:Fantastic :D Glad to see I'm of some use.
Don't get too ahead of yourself. I take full credit for the tram engine :tongue:.
ImageImage
Raichase
Moderizzle
Moderizzle

Post by Raichase »

Here are some more, now from 1940's.

A railbus service, partially due to Daves photographic contributions, connects Hoylake to the mainline at Chippenham. Yes, I used a DEFAULT station, plus Born's new buffers.

I can honestly say, I have not used a default station since newstationsw.grf was released.

Also, in other news, an express service using the new Merchant Navy class has been opened up between Middlesborough and Stapleford.
Attachments
SCR633.png
SCR633.png (85.91 KiB) Viewed 13429 times
SCR631.png
SCR631.png (43.01 KiB) Viewed 13430 times
SCR630.png
SCR630.png (99.96 KiB) Viewed 13433 times
ImageImage
Raichase
Moderizzle
Moderizzle

Post by Raichase »

Stapleford has also gotten very messy. The flying junction to the left, allows trains to bypass the station. This is mostly used by freight trains, that have no great desire to enter a passenger terminus, run around their train, find a turntable, turn around, recollect train, before heading on again...

Also, please find enclosed a shot of Ipswich Junction. I think you'll agree that it is rather amusing. It's a very popular place for railfans.
Attachments
SCR635.png
SCR635.png (181.17 KiB) Viewed 2203 times
SCR634.png
SCR634.png (205.97 KiB) Viewed 2203 times
ImageImage
SkeedR
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SkeedR »

:o Why on earth would you want a Chippenham in your game? It's aweful i tell's yus, aweful!
OTOH, Nice to see me on there.
Technically.
In theory.
>_< DAMN CALNE!
Last known as: Weirdy
Dave

Post by Dave »

Very Pretty. :D Love your stuff.
Official TT-Dave Fan Club

Dave's Screenshot Thread! - Albion: A fictional Britain
Flickr

Why be a song when you can be a symphony? r is a...
Raichase
Moderizzle
Moderizzle

Post by Raichase »

Weirdy wrote::o Why on earth would you want a Chippenham in your game? It's aweful i tell's yus, aweful!
OTOH, Nice to see me on there.
Technically.
In theory.
>_< DAMN CALNE!
Towns been pretty nice to me so far. Besides, the maps nowhere NEAR prototypical, I just use the British Town Names GRF someone made!
ImageImage
Marshy
Director
Director

Post by Marshy »

No screens for a while Raichase! I'm getting hungry :(
Brianetta
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Brianetta »

Back in the very early nineties, I used to sit in the waiting room on the platform at Chippenham station, debugging print-outs of programs I'd written at college. I didn't have a PC of my own.

The college computer lab closed at 10pm. There were trains home to Swindon at 9:50pm and 10:50pm, the latter of which gave me a 40 minute wait for a connecting bus at Swindon (instead of 5). I was the sort of dedicated geek who would spend nearly an hour on a freezing train platform, followed by 40 minutes shivering in a bus station in the wee hours, on a weeknight in mid-winter just for 15 minutes of extra computer time.

Just seeing that station in Raichase's screenshot brings it all back...
PGP fingerprint: E66A 9D58 AA10 E967 41A6 474E E41D 10AE 082C F3ED

Return to “Screenshots”