Donations

The latest news about the forums and the Transport Tycoon world is posted here.
Please also read the rules here before posting elsewhere in the forum.
Chrill

Post by Chrill »

RiTi wrote: Why is there then a list of persons who made a donation?
It is very out-of-date. Or so I think. You don't donate cus that'd give you a higher rank. You donate cus you like the forums and want them to stay :wink:
My Scenarios:
Archipiélago Hermoso (Latest Release: Version 3.2)
Turnpike Falls (Latest Release: Version 0.91)
Lakie
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by Lakie »

The red bar goes from 'Engineer' to 'Tycoon', based on how many posts you have.
The special statuses are because some people do certain things, like I write small patches TTDpatch, thus I have a 'rank' of 'TTDpatch Developer'.

I don't see why you would need something extra, if you donate it is for the good of the forums.

~ Lakie
TTDpatch Developer 2005 - 2010 ~ It all started because of shortened vehicle not loading correctly, now look where I've gone with it!
Grfs coded ~ Finnish Train Set (Teaser) | Bm73 (Release 3) | Emu 680 (Release 3)| Glass Station (Release 1) | UK Roadset (Version 1.1a) | New Water Coasts (Version 7)
Pikka: "Lakie's a good coder, but before he'll add any feature to TTDP you have to convince him that you're not going to use it to destroy the world as we know it."
Illegal_Alien
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Illegal_Alien »

Well, if there will be giing ranks to people who give money, i want to have the "Locomotion Modder" status instead thanks. [insert huge ass wink ;)]
:: Looking for the Locomotion section? Scroll down on the forum index or click here. :: See all releases in Locomotion section? Clicky here! :: Click here for the best tool ever! :: .datCrawler try it! ::
Following roadmap for releases: Whats a roadmap?
Releases of LocoTrains can be found by checking the posts of: LocoTrains - Goold old AMI Trains member of the first hour.
I have Private Messaging disabled, because of the stupid questions i get in my PM box.
Want to talk to me? Get on the #tycoon and #locomotion channel on OFTC thingy. :: Evolution of men: Loosing more braincells, everytime you post...
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

RiTi wrote:Why is there then a red beam with a status of the person?
Why is there then a system with difference titles?
Why is there then a list of persons who made a donation?

So, why not giving persons who do something extra, each in there way (a dev, a moderator, a donor), a kind of status? By giving persons a status you give them a simple kind of reward and maybe it gives a positive signal to others to make there contribution.
One should not contribute because he gets 'status', like a extra fat rankbar, but one should contribute because he wants to. Besides, your idea has been suggested before, check the suggestions forum, you'll find some old opinions there.
Contributor to the The 2cc Set and Dutch Trainset. Inventor of the Metro concept. Retired Graphics Artist.
Image Image
Download TT | Latest TTDPatch | OpenTTD | OpenTTDCoop | BaNaNaS: OpenTTD content system | 2048² OTTD scenario of the Netherlands
GRF Codec | GRF Crawler | GRF Maker | Usefull graphics & tools sites | NML Documentation Wiki | NFO Documentation Wiki
All my graphics are licensed under GPL. "Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else."
orudge
Administrator
Administrator

Post by orudge »

Well, this has been discussed in the past. The donor hall of fame was intended as a way to represent those who have donated. Unfortunately, it is at the moment very out of date. At some point, I shall try to go through my accounts and assemble a reasonably complete list of users who have donated. (It's made more difficult by the fact some donors have wished to remain anonymous, and I can't always remember who wanted that or not!). At the moment, a custom rank isn't being assigned for donors or anything, as we feel that a donation is, like Purno says, not intended to be a way to buy "status" so to speak. Your donations are very much appreciated, and I will try to get the hall of fame updated at some point in the near future.
Dave

Post by Dave »

orudge wrote:Well, this has been discussed in the past. The donor hall of fame was intended as a way to represent those who have donated. Unfortunately, it is at the moment very out of date. At some point, I shall try to go through my accounts and assemble a reasonably complete list of users who have donated. (It's made more difficult by the fact some donors have wished to remain anonymous, and I can't always remember who wanted that or not!). At the moment, a custom rank isn't being assigned for donors or anything, as we feel that a donation is, like Purno says, not intended to be a way to buy "status" so to speak. Your donations are very much appreciated, and I will try to get the hall of fame updated at some point in the near future.
Just remember that I've donated.

Twice.
Official TT-Dave Fan Club

Dave's Screenshot Thread! - Albion: A fictional Britain
Flickr

Why be a song when you can be a symphony? r is a...
andel
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Post by andel »

RiTi wrote:Why is there then a red beam with a status of the person?
Why is there then a system with difference titles?
Why is there then a list of persons who made a donation?

So, why not giving persons who do something extra, each in there way (a dev, a moderator, a donor), a kind of status? By giving persons a status you give them a simple kind of reward and maybe it gives a positive signal to others to make there contribution.
I think the moderators should have a little rank called "Area Mod" else how else would you know? Anyway - whilst its nice to give (Owen, note I may or may not have donated), isn't it also nice to not blow your horn or whatever?

Owen - note I gave you £1billion, please :lol:
Andel
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
DISCLAIMER: The views expressed in this post are not necessarily those of Andel, who will do and say almost anything to get the attention he craves.
[/size]
Raichase
Moderizzle
Moderizzle
Location: Sydney, Australia. Usually at work in the underground railway station...

Post by Raichase »

I donated to tt-forums to give back to the community, not to buy myself anything "better" than anyone else. We all contribute to the community in different ways, and we are recognised if we are worthy. I was elected to moderator so that I could better keep discussions on track. While I have had my failings, I am honoured to continue my position.

If I found that people could buy any sort of rank or privelage on a forum, I would leave. I'd rather than people get rewarded for their merits, not their wallets.
Posted by Raichase. Visit my Flickr! Gallery, Blog (get a feed of everyone at once at Planet TT-Forums).
Raichase - Perfect timing, all the time: [13:37] * Now talking in #tycoon
ImageImage
Official TT-Dave Worley Fan Club
Official TT-Andel-in-a-pink-hat Fan Club
John
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by John »

Jan 06 17:08:34 <Johnmit> speaking of which, i need to donate to tt-forums again...
Jan 06 17:08:39 <orudge> Yes, you do. ;)
damn......

well suppose i should keep up my tradition of donating yearly..
orudge
Administrator
Administrator

Post by orudge »

Thank you very much, John. :)
XeryusTC
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by XeryusTC »

Donated!
Don't panic - My YouTube channel - Follow me on twitter (@XeryusTC) - Play Tribes: Ascend - Tired of Dropbox? Try SpiderOak (use this link and we both get 1GB extra space)
OpenTTD: manual #openttdcoop: blog | wiki | public server | NewGRF pack | DevZone
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
orudge
Administrator
Administrator

Post by orudge »

Not got it yet, but thank you! :)
m4rek
Chairman
Chairman

Post by m4rek »

I donate that penny you owe me.

No, really, I do. Spend it wisely!
Toyland isn't a climate, it's a mistake.
Everyone has a photographic memory - Some just don't have film
No matter how hard life gets, remember there is always light at the end of the tunnel. Let's just hope it's not a train.
spaceman-spiff
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Post by spaceman-spiff »

Small donation coming your way, Owen
Well, back to work, lot's of it in the near future
orudge
Administrator
Administrator

Post by orudge »

Thanks spiff, as always, your contributions are really appreciated - especially so now that we have higher bills every month!
jvassie
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Donations

Post by jvassie »

Been a while since anythings happened here.

Small donation for the forum Owen, i hope it can help keep the forums going for even a small amount :)
(British) Modular Stations Set - Thread: | Website:
Swiss Set - Thread: | Website:
Route Map Creator
My Screenshot Thread
GoneWacko
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by GoneWacko »

I will probably donate when I get my bank balance back above the 0,00 euro mark ;(

Plus I'm sure my hosting package needs renewing soon-ish. ?(

Edit: oh I'm actually good for 3 more months. Sorry :p
GoneWacko. Making [url=irc://irc.oftc.net/tycoon]#tycoon[/url] sexy and exciting since 1784.
DeletedUser21
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by DeletedUser21 »

Owen, after a few fails in the past to send money, I now can play bank over the interwebz, can I make a international transaction?
It it can, PM me the details if you want. :)
GoneWacko
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by GoneWacko »

Just in case anyone from the Netherlands wants to use paypal: Since recently you can now confirm your paypal account in the netherlands without the need of a credit card. ;)
GoneWacko. Making [url=irc://irc.oftc.net/tycoon]#tycoon[/url] sexy and exciting since 1784.
spaceman-spiff
Retired Moderator
Retired Moderator

Post by spaceman-spiff »

Another small donation coming from the richest man in my street, thanks for the gentle prod Owen :mrgreen:
Well, back to work, lot's of it in the near future

Return to “News”