OpenTTD 0.5.0-RC2

OpenTTD is a fully open-sourced reimplementation of TTD, written in C++, boasting improved gameplay and many new features.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

Darkvater
Tycoon
Tycoon

OpenTTD 0.5.0-RC2

Post by Darkvater »

Yes, it is here :)
Too late now, so just enjoy ;p

Translators have done a great job overall, however Icelandic (217) and Galician (173) are not doing so well.

You know the drill, downloads over at http://www.openttd.org/downloads.php. Pleae be patient while SF distributes the files and we compile more binaries.

NOTE: The changelog misses fixes between RC1 or things that were broken before RC1 but after 0.4.8 but OSX works now, some crashes have been dealt with, etc.

Link to RC1 forum post: OpenTTD 0.5.0-RC1.

Changes since RC1:
[list][*]- General Removed support for OSX older than 10.3.9. Either upgrade, or use 0.4.8 (compatible with OSX 10.2)
[*]- Codechange: Drastically reduce the CPU usage in certain cases (AI using CheckStationSpreadOut()) (r7585)
[*]- Fix: Internal bug in updating the animated_tiles table caused desyncs between (different endian) machines in MP (r7631)
[*]- Fix: Signal update got propagated through incompatible railtypes and under certain circumstances tunnels and rail on top (r7620)
[*]- Fix: Remove landscaping toolbar option from road consturction toolbar in scenario editor [FS#473] (r7586)
[*]- Fix: The server could under certain circumstances tell a client too late to start syncing if it has been waiting to join (r7566)
[*]- Fix: Removing towns in scenario editor didn't remove their subsidies causing possible crashes [FS#468] (r7563)
[*]- Fix: Internal and (patches) GUI were disagreeing about autorenew settings [FS#431] (r7561)
[*]- Fix: No new company could be created if more than 8 clients were connected, even if not all 8 companies were used (r7560)
[*]- Fix; Clicking 'full load' could under certain circumstances change the current depot order [FS#456] (r7559)
[*]- Fix: Do not wait till a crashed vehicle is removed before starting to load other vehicles [FS#464] (r7558)
[*]- Fix: MorhpOS compile and install fixes (r7548)
[*]- Fix: Removing rail station cost was calculated on occupied area not on number of tiles with an actual station on (r7547)[/list]

List of fixes that affected RC1 or were not present in 0.4.8 and have been fixed in the meantime:
Changes since RC1:
[list][*]- Feature: newstations: add support for variables 45 and 65
[*]- Fix: [win32] x64 didn't compile (bad project file settings)
[*]- Fix: make install installs openttd.32.bmp so SDL window has OpenTTD icon
[*]- Fix: OSX libfontconfig issues solved (is now statically linked)
[*]- Fix: some MorphOS changes to get OpenTTD compiled, packaged
[*]- Fix: segmentation fault when clicking showing servers's newgrf files in MP
[*]- Fix: sction 0xE doesn't deactivate current grf if GRFID is that of the currently active grf
[*]- Fix: 'screenshot no_con' didn't remove console from screenshot
[*]- Fix: [win32] window_maximize not always remembered (buggy windows API)
[*]- Fix: wrong bounding boxes computed for strings with {SETX} causing too-wide dropdown menus
[*]- Fix: 'goto depot' didn't work for helicopters going to an airport without depot
[*]- Fix: [yapf] surpress 'train is lost' message if pathfinding ended on the first two-way red signal[/list]
Last edited by Darkvater on 31 Dec 2006 02:39, edited 1 time in total.
TrueLight: "Did you bother to read any of the replies, or you just pressed 'Reply' and started typing?"
<@[R-Dk]FoRbiDDeN> "HELP, this litte arrow thing keeps following my mouse, and I can't make it go away."
futurix
Engineer
Engineer

Post by futurix »

Hooray! The CPU bug fixed - that's a great present for 2007! Thank you! :D

EDIT: Looks like ZIP file is corrupted (downloaded it from two different mirrors to be sure).
Digitalfox
Chief Executive
Chief Executive
Location: Catch the Fox if you can... Almost 20 years and counting!

Post by Digitalfox »

I confirm..

Windows ZIP file is corrupted!!
maartena
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by maartena »

The installer works though.

My server is already running 0.5.0-RC2, I compiled the source in linux.
Guess what! I got a fever! And the only prescription...... is MORE COWBELL!
maartena
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Re: OpenTTD 0.5.0-RC2

Post by maartena »

Darkvater wrote: [*]- Fix: No new company could be created if more than 8 clients were connected, even if not all 8 companies were used (r7560)
:D :D :D

Yay! That is.... WAS always a problem on my server :)
Guess what! I got a fever! And the only prescription...... is MORE COWBELL!
Grolsch
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Grolsch »

Digitalfox wrote:I confirm..

Windows ZIP file is corrupted!!
Me too, downloaded from Paris and Amsterdam, both corrupt
Beer equals power
Darkvater
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Darkvater »

He stupid SF, couldn't check the files this evening as I couldn't download them, but I uploaded a new version. As long as you download a zip that is 1.4MB abort; that's the corrupt one.
TrueLight: "Did you bother to read any of the replies, or you just pressed 'Reply' and started typing?"
<@[R-Dk]FoRbiDDeN> "HELP, this litte arrow thing keeps following my mouse, and I can't make it go away."
Bot_40
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Bot_40 »

Great stuff. Alpine climate seems to be working again. Only found 2 (minor) bugs:

- The climate selection buttons on the main menu don't change when alpine or mars climates are enabled
- In alpine climate, building on slopes gives different track foundations depending on whether there is track in the adjacent tile (see attached pic)
Attachments
_9974.png
_9974.png (5.65 KiB) Viewed 14888 times
liviu.dnistran
Engineer
Engineer

Post by liviu.dnistran »

I'm very happy that you are going towards another version of OTTD, but I was wondering if it would be possible to make the game a bit more competitive. Maybe now there isn't much time left and I know that there are some patches that have something to do with the competitivity. The game is great as it is now, but it wouldn't hurt anyone if you could do some dirty business to an opponents networks, or buy him, or anything that you guys think it would make it more interesting. The game is fine as it is, but if a bit of war is added to it, then it would be extraordinary. I am telling you all this because it would be nice to have some patches that do this kind of stuff in an official release so that we can play on the Internet.
You could say that you can do some dirty business now, but if you just buy terrain in front of someone's rails, you'll end up in a dead-lock and the game doesn't make sense anymore.

If you want to take into account my ideas, it would be very nice.
Thank you.
Ailure
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by Ailure »

Bot_40 wrote:- The climate selection buttons on the main menu don't change when alpine or mars climates are enabled
That's becuse the title screen is no longer affected by newGRF settings. (some newGRF things made the titlescreen to look odd if I recall...)

And that's a side effect of that. >_>
lobster
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by lobster »

you know, that actually looks quite cool. :wink:
"Your mother was a lobster, and your father... was also a lobster" -- The rascal formerly known as astath -- Last.fm -- Official TT-Dave Worley Fan Club

<orudge> make love to me while I surf, dear lobster
brupje
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Re: OpenTTD 0.5.0-RC2

Post by brupje »

Darkvater wrote: [*]- Fix: [yapf] surpress 'train is lost' message if pathfinding ended on the first two-way red signal
[/list][/size]
great! I have a lot of these messages in my current savegame while trains are only a few tiles from destination, started wondering if this was a bug or a feature :P will try if it's fixed with this version soon.
Ameecher
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Ameecher »

liviu.dnistran wrote:....The game is great as it is now, but it wouldn't hurt anyone if you could do some dirty business to an opponents networks, or buy him, or anything that you guys think it would make it more interesting....
You already can buy them, just not in Multiplayer.
RiTi
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by RiTi »

I downloaded the RC2 version and the latest Nightly r7706. The readme of the Nightly begins with:

OpenTTD README
Last updated: 2006-12-31
Release version: 0.5.0-RC2

This could mean that the nightly is the same version as 0.5.0 RC2. But I also noticed that the openttd.exe files are different in size (the nightly is bigger, maybe not yet optimized). So, are these two the same or is there some kind of difference, like the options or possibilities?
Keep life simple...
Wolf01
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Wolf01 »

nightlies have some additions for testing purpose and bugfixes, which you could notice in the next stable release
orudge
Administrator
Administrator

Post by orudge »

Indeed, the nightlies are now running off the trunk, and 0.5 has been moved into its own little branch to keep things stable.
Born Acorn
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Born Acorn »

This means that features in the nightly now won't be in 0.5.0. (Such as magic bridges)
DeletedUser21
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by DeletedUser21 »

Hmmm... I think I'll wait until the 0.5 final. And what it will bring. :)
Rubidium
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by Rubidium »

0.5.0 will just be 0.5.0-rc2 with a few bugfixes.
SirkoZ
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SirkoZ »

Here's another very old bug [smooth_economy] - industries with production still don't ever change their monthly production when they decrease to 32/40 units/month.

I have to write this down on the Flyspray don't I? Noone seems to check SourceForge bug reports anymore... :?

Return to “General OpenTTD”