combined airport set v0.5 [Searching for a new maintainer]

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

skidd13
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

combined airport set v0.5 [Searching for a new maintainer]

Post by skidd13 »

Due to the lack of time (there are so many other projects) I want to pass the project (further details in the last post).

A few days ago I started to create a grf file with a mix of some other grf files and some edits made by myself. Now I'm on the way to create a combined airport-grf.
  • New features of V0.5
  • new parameter: fences
  • 1 new big-airport building-set
  • 1 new runway
  • Included graphics by:
  • Andrex
  • Born Acorn
  • Mr.Hunt
  • Rob
  • Rspeed
  • Zimmlock
  • /me (Skidd13)
  • Parameters:
  • runway
  • big airport buildings
  • small airport buildings
  • transmitter
  • helipdad
  • fences
additional sprites for the set are also welcome!
Attachments
newairportw_0_5.zip
(63.26 KiB) Downloaded 20062 times
preview.gif
preview.gif (804.43 KiB) Viewed 288439 times
Last edited by skidd13 on 24 Aug 2007 13:51, edited 21 times in total.
What does that mean - the circumstances? I determine what circumstances prevail. -- Napoleon Bonaparte
---
If we cannot end now our differences, at least we can help make the world safe for diversity. -- John F. Kennedy
---
Our problems are man-made, therefore they may be solved by man. No problem of human destiny is beyond human beings. -- John F. Kennedy
DaleStan
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by DaleStan »

TTRS2 is Zimmlock's and his usual policy is that his work is public domain once the set is released. But I'm sure he would appreciate being informed of this, and an appropriate entry in the credits.
To get a good answer, ask a Smart Question. Similarly, if you want a bug fixed, write a Useful Bug Report. No TTDPatch crashlog? Then follow directions.
Projects: NFORenum (download) | PlaneSet (Website) | grfcodec (download) | grfdebug.log parser
RSpeed tycoonfreak
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by RSpeed tycoonfreak »

I hope your getting permission from everyone, cause this lloks very good :D
Visit The Fake Airport Website
Hobbys: being 18 years old, soccer, go karting, and transport tycoon.
skidd13
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by skidd13 »

ATM I still need permission for the ground sprites of my airport-set.
I worte an email to the address given at TTD Urban Renewal. But had no response since then. So I need your help. :bow:

Perhaps you know who is the author of the "Airport asphalt" of the "AirportSet" from TTD Urban Renewal.

This is what I'm talking about:
What does that mean - the circumstances? I determine what circumstances prevail. -- Napoleon Bonaparte
---
If we cannot end now our differences, at least we can help make the world safe for diversity. -- John F. Kennedy
---
Our problems are man-made, therefore they may be solved by man. No problem of human destiny is beyond human beings. -- John F. Kennedy
Born Acorn
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Born Acorn »

Andrex, I suppose.
skidd13
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by skidd13 »

Till now I have not the permission to use the ground sprites of the airport. :( So I drew them. :) What you think about the new ones?

A question beside: How can I replace the helipad-sprite of an airport?
Attachments
Fuerte Olimpio Transport, 21. Feb 2006.png
Fuerte Olimpio Transport, 21. Feb 2006.png (29.55 KiB) Viewed 39660 times
---
---
XeryusTC
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by XeryusTC »

The concrete (I suppose) is too bright IMO, people could go blind when looking at it for too long ;).
Don't panic - My YouTube channel - Follow me on twitter (@XeryusTC) - Play Tribes: Ascend - Tired of Dropbox? Try SpiderOak (use this link and we both get 1GB extra space)
OpenTTD: manual #openttdcoop: blog | wiki | public server | NewGRF pack | DevZone
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
skidd13
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by skidd13 »

XeryusTC wrote:The concrete (I suppose) is too bright IMO, people could go blind when looking at it for too long ;).
I agree, but I used google maps to get a impression of the concrete. Check this: ("Frankfurt am Main" airport).
---
---
Psistorm
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Psistorm »

ahh... well you may be right about the color of the concrete, but TTD uses a whole different pallette. the bright desaturated concrete doesnt go too well with the otherwise rather colorful look of the game. such colors would work for the new graphics project, which aims on this kind of look
Born Acorn
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Born Acorn »

It's like snow, and a bit too bright.
habell
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by habell »

The runways could be this bright, but the rest of the airport should be darker.
Ameecher
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Ameecher »

IMO, having fences along the side of a runway is highly unrealistic, normal any obstacle is kept as far away from a runway as possible. Also the concrete is too bright but the rest looks cool.
skidd13
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by skidd13 »

Ok, Ok :lol:
so here are some diffrent ones. Which is best?
Attachments
concrete.png
concrete.png (2.09 KiB) Viewed 39375 times
---
---
Ameecher
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Ameecher »

The first has too much yellow, the third looks a bit too dark, I therefore think the second, I'd like to see it on the whole airport though, it would probably then appear overwhelmingly bright! :P

Edit: also the squares in which the planes park at the terminal shouldn't be red, at airports taxiway marking are in yellow and terminal gates do not have squares around them.
RiTi
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by RiTi »

I prefer the most right one. It's looks to me as the most real concrete. :wink:
Keep life simple...
RSpeed tycoonfreak
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by RSpeed tycoonfreak »

I say the right one it looks the best i think :D
Visit The Fake Airport Website
Hobbys: being 18 years old, soccer, go karting, and transport tycoon.
skidd13
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by skidd13 »

Ameecher wrote:Edit: also the squares in which the planes park at the terminal shouldn't be red, at airports taxiway marking are in yellow and terminal gates do not have squares around them.
If you look here. You will see that the yellow lines mark the middle of a lane. And the red lines mark loading/holding boxes.
---
---
Ameecher
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Ameecher »

Ok then, I withdraw the red box statement.... :P
skidd13
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by skidd13 »

So here is the darker one:
Attachments
Barquisimeto Transport, 29. Mär 4000.png
Barquisimeto Transport, 29. Mär 4000.png (21.46 KiB) Viewed 39306 times
---
---
XeryusTC
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by XeryusTC »

It's better, but it almost looks like the usual tarmac again. I would vote for the second one btw for the most concrete look.
Don't panic - My YouTube channel - Follow me on twitter (@XeryusTC) - Play Tribes: Ascend - Tired of Dropbox? Try SpiderOak (use this link and we both get 1GB extra space)
OpenTTD: manual #openttdcoop: blog | wiki | public server | NewGRF pack | DevZone
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

Return to “Graphics Development”