[ART] Terrain types

Development discussion about Transport Empire. Other discussion to General forum please.

Moderator: Transport Empire Moderators

Need_Help
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Need_Help »

I don't think there are .1, .2 or files like that. Maybe its in some applications, but won't be image format.

XeryusTC
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by XeryusTC »

Need_Help wrote:How is this one?
Looks good, but maybe you can apply a blur filter, this will make the transitions a bit smoother and also randomise the colors a bit more
Don't panic - My YouTube channel - Follow me on twitter (@XeryusTC) - Play Tribes: Ascend - Tired of Dropbox? Try SpiderOak (use this link and we both get 1GB extra space)
OpenTTD: manual #openttdcoop: blog | wiki | public server | NewGRF pack | DevZone
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Need_Help
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Need_Help »

Here is the 'blur' version. Other terrain types coming soon....

Attachments
grass.png
grass.png (123.64 KiB) Viewed 16352 times
aarona
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by aarona »

I would like to have an update to show but in placing the trees I found a bug in Lightfeather. The dev is looking into it... Meanwhile Robbie Williams has been keeping me busy lately...
aarona
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by aarona »

Sorry for the delay but here is an image containing some trees, basic landscape and some water.
Attachments
New Pic
New Pic
trees.PNG (182.02 KiB) Viewed 3461 times
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

Very cool! Keep up the good work! 8)
Contributor to the The 2cc Set and Dutch Trainset. Inventor of the Metro concept. Retired Graphics Artist.
Image Image
Download TT | Latest TTDPatch | OpenTTD | OpenTTDCoop | BaNaNaS: OpenTTD content system | 2048² OTTD scenario of the Netherlands
GRF Codec | GRF Crawler | GRF Maker | Usefull graphics & tools sites | NML Documentation Wiki | NFO Documentation Wiki
All my graphics are licensed under GPL. "Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else."
aarona
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by aarona »

I've been doing some practical thought experiments and have created a basic server and client interface. So far they both load maps and set up the respective connections (using RakNet).

At the moment the client can tell the server when tiles are loaded and unloaded. A "tile" is defined as blocks of 64x64 heixels (height pixels) on a universal board of 16x16 of these tiles (to make 1024x1024 heixels in total).

This information can thus be used to "register" an interest in a tile and thus the server will then (later) be able to tell the client when something interesting happens on any of these tiles the client has registered.
Attachments
ServerClient.png
ServerClient.png (68.36 KiB) Viewed 3426 times
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

Sounds complicated, but keep up the great work! :))
Contributor to the The 2cc Set and Dutch Trainset. Inventor of the Metro concept. Retired Graphics Artist.
Image Image
Download TT | Latest TTDPatch | OpenTTD | OpenTTDCoop | BaNaNaS: OpenTTD content system | 2048² OTTD scenario of the Netherlands
GRF Codec | GRF Crawler | GRF Maker | Usefull graphics & tools sites | NML Documentation Wiki | NFO Documentation Wiki
All my graphics are licensed under GPL. "Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else."

Return to “Transport Empire Development”