3D Studio template scene for creating new vehicles in Loco

Discuss, get help with, or post new modifications, graphics or related tools for Locomotion in this forum.

Moderator: Locomotion Moderators

yduck
Engineer
Engineer

3D Studio template scene for creating new vehicles in Loco

Post by yduck »

Hi all!

This is my first post, but i've been tracing this forum for a while.
Im intresting in creating new vehicles foro Loco. I know the 3d Studio quite a bit, so I wondered, if anybody has a prepared scene with cameras, angles, scales already set. Just to put a truck or engine in the middle of it and render graphics for a new vehicle.

If anybody have anything ready in 3DS please share it with me or just tell me where I can find it.

If there is nothing ready maybe it's a nice idea to start a project to create such template for 3DS ? What do you think folks?
Illegal_Alien
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Illegal_Alien »

http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?p=481617#481617

I dont think you did searched ;) its in a sticky above your head :P
:: Looking for the Locomotion section? Scroll down on the forum index or click here. :: See all releases in Locomotion section? Clicky here! :: Click here for the best tool ever! :: .datCrawler try it! ::
Following roadmap for releases: Whats a roadmap?
Releases of LocoTrains can be found by checking the posts of: LocoTrains - Goold old AMI Trains member of the first hour.
I have Private Messaging disabled, because of the stupid questions i get in my PM box.
Want to talk to me? Get on the #tycoon and #locomotion channel on OFTC thingy. :: Evolution of men: Loosing more braincells, everytime you post...
yduck
Engineer
Engineer

Post by yduck »

What good are eyes for a blindman ... ;))) thanks a lot....

But still do you know if there's already prepared .max or .3ds file on the net?
strongbow
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by strongbow »

yduck wrote: But still do you know if there's already prepared .max or .3ds file on the net?
There is a scene from Pikkabird you might find when searching. Otherwise PM me and I'll send you mine (Max8).
Barry
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Barry »

I've got one somewhere (albeit in an old version of Max). I'll try to remember to send you a copy. It's only set up for std gauge locos/wagons atm, but you could easily alter the animation settings for other vehicles. I've also got a material library with the company colours if you'd like that as well.
Damage
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Damage »

I've got scenes in MAX8 for standart\NG trains, road vehicles, aircrafts. Maybe they have somewhat wrong lightning though...
http://forums.ttdrussia.net/ - Home of "Russian Loco" project

Project file list
yduck
Engineer
Engineer

Post by yduck »

Great! Please send me all you've got. Im sure i'll find something helpfull in it. send it on mkielczyk@poczta.fm, please.
busman
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by busman »

does anyone have a scenc set up for gmax?, which I'am starting to get good at. please email it to me at liojones@yahoo.com
Illegal_Alien
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Illegal_Alien »

How about instead of mailing, post it on the forum?
:: Looking for the Locomotion section? Scroll down on the forum index or click here. :: See all releases in Locomotion section? Clicky here! :: Click here for the best tool ever! :: .datCrawler try it! ::
Following roadmap for releases: Whats a roadmap?
Releases of LocoTrains can be found by checking the posts of: LocoTrains - Goold old AMI Trains member of the first hour.
I have Private Messaging disabled, because of the stupid questions i get in my PM box.
Want to talk to me? Get on the #tycoon and #locomotion channel on OFTC thingy. :: Evolution of men: Loosing more braincells, everytime you post...
busman
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by busman »

even better. that way anyone who needs it can get it
Barry
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Barry »

Hi All,

Sorry for the delayed response.

As IA said, I might as well make my base scene available to all.

Few things:
I think I've unhidden all of the objects in the scene and certainly everything that's needed should be on the screen in front of you.
There are three dummy blocks in the scene - one for bogies and two at different scales for locos, wagons, etc. All I do is copy the animation settings from one of these to the object that I'm rendering and then press render. These objects are invisible to the renderer.
I've included a material library in the zip. This has two materials - one for each company colour. These work for me, but you may get different results.

Please note that you use these files at your own risk. I'm no expert on Max and I don't know if they'll affect your install and/or your pc. If you have any trouble with using these files or you get unexpected results then by all means ask me for advice, but please don't expect a solution.

Apologies for sounding negative, but I'm very busy with work at the moment and I don't have much time to spend on the forums :(
Attachments
loco_render_suite_anim_max2.zip
(16.24 KiB) Downloaded 248 times
yduck
Engineer
Engineer

Post by yduck »

Huge thanks to Barry for posting this scene !!!

I'll check it as soon i'll get back home from my office.
If there will be any issues with that scene ill post them in this topic.

Thanks once more, Barry!

Return to “Locomotion Graphics, Modifications & Tools”