Airports in new gfx

Got an idea for OpenTTD? Post it here!

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

Aracirion
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Airports in new gfx

Post by Aracirion »

In relation to the new gfx, airports and airplanes have been variously discussed. As I put together a table of wingspan of various planes, I thought it might be good to start collecting stuff in the wiki. accompanying discussion could be held in this thread, while an overview can be given in the wiki.
DaleStan
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by DaleStan »

I strongly recommend you remove everthing related to planes, as most of those problems have been solved by one or both of PlaneSet and Av8.

I know better than to try; my flamethrower tends to make a mess of things.
To get a good answer, ask a Smart Question. Similarly, if you want a bug fixed, write a Useful Bug Report. No TTDPatch crashlog? Then follow directions.
Projects: NFORenum (download) | PlaneSet (Website) | grfcodec (download) | grfdebug.log parser
Aracirion
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Aracirion »

DaleStan wrote:I strongly recommend you remove everthing related to planes, as most of those problems have been solved by one or both of PlaneSet and Av8.
I'm not really sure what you mean ... did you really read it? Nevertheless I am happy about someone responding at all :roll:
DaleStan
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by DaleStan »

What I saw was mentions of specific planes being better than others. NewGRF enables all properties of all 41 planes to be changed, so if there's an imbalance somewhere, it's the fault of the set you are using, not of OpenTTD.
To get a good answer, ask a Smart Question. Similarly, if you want a bug fixed, write a Useful Bug Report. No TTDPatch crashlog? Then follow directions.
Projects: NFORenum (download) | PlaneSet (Website) | grfcodec (download) | grfdebug.log parser
Aracirion
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Aracirion »

DaleStan wrote:What I saw was mentions of specific planes being better than others. NewGRF enables all properties of all 41 planes to be changed, so if there's an imbalance somewhere, it's the fault of the set you are using, not of OpenTTD.
I fear what I mean can't be done by just changing the already existing parameters. Or what would you suggest? In av8, I keep using the 747 because of its capacity and the B-707 because of its speed. There is no incentive for using the B-777 for example over one of those, although about 50 years of technological advancement should lie in between. Maybe passenger destinations will provide incentives for using smaller planes again, but didn't planes also get more fuel efficient, more secure, etc. over time?
peter1138
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by peter1138 »

The 747 should become unreliable and break down more often...
He's like, some kind of OpenTTD developer.
sidew
Engineer
Engineer

Post by sidew »

Isn't the reliability the key. The 777 have low fuel usage and running costs than 747 because for 2 engines.
Sidewinder

Italian Town names patch for OTTD (R5266) now in trunk since 0.4.8
For typo, errors or bug on OTTD italian translation, please PM me.
unofficial italian TTD/OpenTTD forum: http://wolf01.game-host.org/forum/index.php
Aracirion
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Aracirion »

hm, Fuel usage probably goes into running costs, but maybe it would be interesting to have a seperate parameter, and then have global changes in fuel price.

Return to “OpenTTD Suggestions”