[WIP] INFRA by SAC

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

Why didn't you draw the rear side of the road signs (A)? The left lane could use some signs too :wink:
Contributor to the The 2cc Set and Dutch Trainset. Inventor of the Metro concept. Retired Graphics Artist.
Image Image
Download TT | Latest TTDPatch | OpenTTD | OpenTTDCoop | BaNaNaS: OpenTTD content system | 2048² OTTD scenario of the Netherlands
GRF Codec | GRF Crawler | GRF Maker | Usefull graphics & tools sites | NML Documentation Wiki | NFO Documentation Wiki
All my graphics are licensed under GPL. "Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else."
SAC
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SAC »

Actually, not all graphics are shown in this chart. It's more an example of what can be included. :P

As for signs for use on the rear side, I actually haven't included any of those as I didn't see the reason to waste space with signs showing their back side. I have, however, signs that are supposed to be placed with the front facing the roads, such as Information Signs that are often found when approaching a town. :P
Simuscape - Chose Your Destination;
Simuscape | Visual Studio | INFRA Diary

INFRA Downloads - Chose Your Destination;
Simuscape | INFRA - A World of its own
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

Well, IMO, it's a bit strange having a sign on one side of the road, but not at the other side.
Contributor to the The 2cc Set and Dutch Trainset. Inventor of the Metro concept. Retired Graphics Artist.
Image Image
Download TT | Latest TTDPatch | OpenTTD | OpenTTDCoop | BaNaNaS: OpenTTD content system | 2048² OTTD scenario of the Netherlands
GRF Codec | GRF Crawler | GRF Maker | Usefull graphics & tools sites | NML Documentation Wiki | NFO Documentation Wiki
All my graphics are licensed under GPL. "Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else."
Saibot
Chairman
Chairman

Post by Saibot »

They all look really nice :)
Samwise
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Samwise »

Purno wrote:Well, IMO, it's a bit strange having a sign on one side of the road, but not at the other side.
Well, through what I learned with coding and graphics, road tiles are flat, so a bus just drives over everything. So it's impossible to create road signs on the downside without buses driving over them.
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

Darkmast49 wrote:
Purno wrote:Well, IMO, it's a bit strange having a sign on one side of the road, but not at the other side.
Well, through what I learned with coding and graphics, road tiles are flat, so a bus just drives over everything. So it's impossible to create road signs on the downside without buses driving over them.
SAC wrote:¤A - Road signs, (for decorations), that can be used as part of a waypoint and therefor not requiring an extra station to be placed - as the maximum amount of 255 is quickly reached otherwise.
Image Image
Samwise
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Samwise »

Did I say anything? :oops:
SAC
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SAC »

I know what you mean and I really have no problem drawing a sign for the other side of the road. It's just that I'm not sure if it's worth it to waste station tile space on something that really isn't visible apart from a backside of it. In the end I assume it's a question about how much graphics I can include in this particular set, and as we're talking about two sprites only I imagine it won't be a problem. :P
ISA wrote:And... Im feeling like this harbor cranes are way to small :roll: Maybe its just me! :)
I don't think they are small. Compared to the ones included in the Harbor&Freight set they are small. Well, smaller! But on the other hand those included in the Harbor&Freight set are very big - at least compared to other stuff in game such as buildings, ships, and so on. But it's also a matter of taste! I use these "smaller" cranes in my game as I also use a dock that have a similar crane attached, and in my opinion it does look good - and not out of place!

To somewhat illustrate both of these discussions I've added screens below;

The above image clearly shows an example of how the "smaller" crane looks in comparison with surrounding graphics. The cranes from the Harbor&Freight set are also visual on the opposite side.

Below is an example of how to use the road signs. As can tell there are waypoints, (1 for buses and 1 for trucks), near the tunnel entrance, and next to them is a road sign attached, thus making use of the station already placed;

Last edited by SAC on 29 Feb 2012 09:47, edited 1 time in total.

Darkvater
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Darkvater »

OMG SAC STOP!! That is....*drool*...OMG
TrueLight: "Did you bother to read any of the replies, or you just pressed 'Reply' and started typing?"
<@[R-Dk]FoRbiDDeN> "HELP, this litte arrow thing keeps following my mouse, and I can't make it go away."
Redirect Left
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Redirect Left »

That bus looks like one of Georges, but its livery is unfamiliar? (see attachemnt)

but, it looks freaking sweet! specially the docks :D

Also, why is there a strange pink tree in there?
Attachments
umm.png
umm.png (2.84 KiB) Viewed 2208 times
Need some good tested AI? - Unofficial AI Tester, list of good stuff & thread is here.
SAC
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SAC »

Darkvater wrote:OMG SAC STOP!! That is....*drool*...OMG
LOL Thanks! :P
Captain Kirk wrote:That bus looks like one of Georges, but its livery is unfamiliar? (see attachemnt)
It is Georges bus. I've simply made it a tiny bit thinner and added the livery of swedish "Swebus Express"! A company that - among other things - operate in Sweden with Express Buses between cities. Once owned by Stagecoach in GB, so the colors from that company's livery is still included. :P
Thanks!
Also, why is there a strange pink tree in there?
LOL I tested a tree from the Japanese set! :P
Last edited by SAC on 27 Oct 2006 20:21, edited 1 time in total.

Born Acorn
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Born Acorn »

Well, you have permission to use the storage tanks I drew. :wink:
SAC
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SAC »

Born Acorn wrote:Well, you have permission to use the storage tanks I drew. :wink:
Thanks for that permission Born Acorn! :P When I get enough responses from people as to what to include in this particular set, I'll seek permission from those whos graphics are included one way or another!

I appreciate you're giving clearance already at this point though! :D

Redirect Left
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Redirect Left »

SAC wrote:

It is Georges bus. I've simply made it a tiny bit thinner and added the livery of swedish "Swebus Express"! A company that - among other things - operate in Sweden with Express Buses between cities. Once owned by Stagecoach in GB, so the colors from that company's livery is still included. :P

Is it possible for you to release that as a GRF, it looks really cool. :mrgreen:
Need some good tested AI? - Unofficial AI Tester, list of good stuff & thread is here.
jonty-comp
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by jonty-comp »

I WANT I WANT I WANT I WANT I WANT I WANT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ehem, sorry about that. What I meant to say was:
IWANTIWANTIWANTIWANTIWANT!!!1!!11!!11oneoneoneleven

Pleasepleasepleaseplease release this as a GRF!
SAC
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SAC »

Captain Kirk wrote: Is it possible for you to release that as a GRF, it looks really cool. :mrgreen:
Well, first of all I can't code so I have no idea how to make it into a .grf. Second of all I need to get permission from George before even considering something like that. But as I have a number of buses running in my game that have been modified both here and there, I might consider compiling something there as well. :P

I'll try to get in touch with George to get his permission and we'll go from there, trying to find a coder! Okey? :P
jonty-comp wrote:I WANT I WANT I WANT I WANT I WANT I WANT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ehem, sorry about that. What I meant to say was:
IWANTIWANTIWANTIWANTIWANT!!!1!!11!!11oneoneoneleven

Pleasepleasepleaseplease release this as a GRF!
??? I'm totally lost! You want what? 1-11, what's that? :?

Redirect Left
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Redirect Left »

1 = ! just not shifted, he wants a GRF of it too i think ;)
SAC
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by SAC »

Oh, the bus? Okey! Now I get it! :oops:

:P

Aegir
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Aegir »

Oh, and SAC, you never did ask for my permission to use my sprites in your .grf's, but you know what? I don't give a s*** :D. Have fun with them, you have my permission to do whatever you want (Excluding taking over the sets from me in a bloody takeover (That's my job), and making any commercial profit from them) with them, artwork and code included.

You might want to redownload my city stations .grf though and get the updated roof textures, they look much better in my oppinion. I made a lot of texture changes all over the place, actually. I wouldn't want for your grf's to look out of place next to my stations (Oh, and I absolutely love how you use them in your games, you've really inspired me to fix up the Goods Station that Born Acorn and I were working on :) ).

http://www.aegir.bur.st/files/ttd/Newgr ... tionsw.GRF
Currently working under the name 'reldred' on Github, and Discord.
NFO/NML coder, part-time patch writer for JGRPP, and all round belligerent.

14:40 <orudge> I can't say I discriminate against any particular user
14:41 <Aegir> orudge: I can!

Return to “Graphics Development”