Bulgarian Building Mod[developing]

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

Dr_Quin
Engineer
Engineer

Bulgarian Building Mod[developing]

Post by Dr_Quin »

Hi, I'm making mod with Bulgarian buildings, but I have a serious problem - how to make grf file from zero(I don't want to edit grf file and replace its graphic with my graphic). And Also please tell me some tool wich is releated to MS Paint, which I can use for drawing.

Here i post pictures of 2 buildings I have finished.

P.S. Excuse my English
And if you could tell me some tips in Tycoon drawing(about shadows, and light) I'll be grateful.

Samwise
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Samwise »

Hi there! And welcome on the forums! Viewing your last work, first of all you need to know is that light comes from right-above.

And second, which I think you did, you need the 256 color TTD Palette.
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Re: Bulgarian Building Mod[developing]

Post by Purno »

Dr_Quin wrote:Hi, I'm making mod with Bulgarian buildings, but I have a serious problem - how to make grf file from zero(I don't want to edit grf file and replace its graphic with my graphic). And Also please tell me some tool wich is releated to MS Paint, which I can use for drawing.
MS Paint will do the job good enough.
Here i post pictures of 2 buildings I have finished.

P.S. Excuse my English
And if you could tell me some tips in Tycoon drawing(about shadows, and light) I'll be grateful.
Please do upload the pictures at these forums next time, they take ages to load.

It's very good for a start.

Once you did the actual drawing, you need to code an .nfo file. More info about that on http://www.ttdpatch.net .
Contributor to the The 2cc Set and Dutch Trainset. Inventor of the Metro concept. Retired Graphics Artist.
Image Image
Download TT | Latest TTDPatch | OpenTTD | OpenTTDCoop | BaNaNaS: OpenTTD content system | 2048² OTTD scenario of the Netherlands
GRF Codec | GRF Crawler | GRF Maker | Usefull graphics & tools sites | NML Documentation Wiki | NFO Documentation Wiki
All my graphics are licensed under GPL. "Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else."
XeryusTC
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by XeryusTC »

Table breakage, please don't inline that picture, and maybe you could try a faster host/upload the picture to the forums so it takes less time for the picture to load.
Don't panic - My YouTube channel - Follow me on twitter (@XeryusTC) - Play Tribes: Ascend - Tired of Dropbox? Try SpiderOak (use this link and we both get 1GB extra space)
OpenTTD: manual #openttdcoop: blog | wiki | public server | NewGRF pack | DevZone
Image Image Image Image Image Image Image
Dave

Re: Bulgarian Building Mod[developing]

Post by Dave »

Purno wrote: It's very good for a start.
You need more colours on the first pic... It's just dark and light.. A bit of shading is necessary.
Official TT-Dave Fan Club

Dave's Screenshot Thread! - Albion: A fictional Britain
Flickr

Why be a song when you can be a symphony? r is a...
Dr_Quin
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Dr_Quin »

Hi,
I make new version of this version of NDK(National Palace of Culture) building:

Old:
New:

Would you like it?
I post here pictures of real building
many things in my version aren't like in the real NDK, especially the roof.
The main problem is that I can't make separete grf file for my grf. i installed it in trgr1.grf file.
lobster
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by lobster »

looks very nice, but i guess more shading's necessary.
"Your mother was a lobster, and your father... was also a lobster" -- The rascal formerly known as astath -- Last.fm -- Official TT-Dave Worley Fan Club

<orudge> make love to me while I surf, dear lobster
Wile E. Coyote
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Wile E. Coyote »

It's nice, but it's too bright IMO. Try to use more grey tones.
Serbian rail set with Serbian scenario (ECS, PBI, FIRS and Tourist set compatible) Website | Topic and download | Latest version: 03.06.2015.
Serbian tram set Tracking table | TTD Patch tram set Latest version: 17.06.2015. | Open TTD Remix Latest version: 11.07.2015.
WIN-DOS GRF Converter Topic and download | Version 0.2.1: 09.01.2005.

Runner-up in "Best avatar Forums award" for years 2006 and 2010!
Dr_Quin
Engineer
Engineer

NDK v. 2.344354345 beta!

Post by Dr_Quin »

I rebuild NDK with more shadows
but still something is not OK!
Wold
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Wold »

That's how the National Palace of Culture looks from up ( http://urbanfreeflow.hit.bg/site/hotspots/ndk.jpg )

Howdy, neighbour :)

you should make it more realistical - height: width is not ok, may be make the building lower or 3x3 ? you know you can have one only in sofia, is it worthy?
Lakie
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by Lakie »

It is not currently possible to make a building that is larger than 2x2 tiles.

~ Lakie
TTDpatch Developer 2005 - 2010 ~ It all started because of shortened vehicle not loading correctly, now look where I've gone with it!
Grfs coded ~ Finnish Train Set (Teaser) | Bm73 (Release 3) | Emu 680 (Release 3)| Glass Station (Release 1) | UK Roadset (Version 1.1a) | New Water Coasts (Version 7)
Pikka: "Lakie's a good coder, but before he'll add any feature to TTDP you have to convince him that you're not going to use it to destroy the world as we know it."
Ameecher
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Ameecher »

Dr_Quin. In TT the light comes from the right. So you need to add shading on the building so that the right hand side is the lightest in colour and the left the darkest. You have good concept of TT Dimensions though. I like it.

Take a look at Purno's drawing tutorials if you don't understand what I mean
Dr_Quin
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Dr_Quin »

Lakie wrote:It is not currently possible to make a building that is larger than 2x2 tiles.

~ Lakie
Yeh, i know that, I'll divide it, when I finished it. But thanks to everybody for usefull advices.
Machok
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Machok »

Hi there! I'm new here, Dr_Quin I'll try to make Bulgarian buildings too. Good luck! :wink:
If you run your mouth, I'll run my business!
Dr_Quin
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Dr_Quin »

Machok wrote:Hi there! I'm new here, Dr_Quin I'll try to make Bulgarian buildings too. Good luck! :wink:
So, let's make Bulgarian Team!
Wold
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by Wold »

I could start too. Do you guys have skype, join irc?
Wile E. Coyote
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Wile E. Coyote »

I'm looking forward to see any buildings from Eastern Europe, because we all have simmilar (communist) architecture. Hope will be communist appartment buildings in set also. Good luck! :D
Serbian rail set with Serbian scenario (ECS, PBI, FIRS and Tourist set compatible) Website | Topic and download | Latest version: 03.06.2015.
Serbian tram set Tracking table | TTD Patch tram set Latest version: 17.06.2015. | Open TTD Remix Latest version: 11.07.2015.
WIN-DOS GRF Converter Topic and download | Version 0.2.1: 09.01.2005.

Runner-up in "Best avatar Forums award" for years 2006 and 2010!
m4rek
Chairman
Chairman

Post by m4rek »

are those images .jpg by any chance?
Toyland isn't a climate, it's a mistake.
Everyone has a photographic memory - Some just don't have film
No matter how hard life gets, remember there is always light at the end of the tunnel. Let's just hope it's not a train.
Ameecher
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Ameecher »

They are, if you right click on them and chose to viiew picture it says they are jpegs. In the future Dr_Quin use PNG format, it is smaller and there isn't a loss of colour that you get by converting files to jpeg. MS Paint has an option to save files as .PNG and there is also a programme that you can get free on the net somewhere called Irfanview which also enables you to convert PCX (the TT screenshot format) to PNG.

[/ot]
Dr_Quin
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Dr_Quin »

Ok here is the latest version :D
in png.
I add a lot of shadows, eith photoshop. I hope this time it looks realistic. Special thanks to Pruno Tutorial :wink:
Attachments
SCR2.PCX
This is picture of NDK
(289.44 KiB) Downloaded 312 times
Last edited by Dr_Quin on 24 Oct 2006 11:01, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Graphics Development”