Pictures of your OTTD games

Screenshots of your games! All Transport Tycoon games acceptable (including TTDPatch and OpenTTD).
Brianetta
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Brianetta »

Nippo wrote:Why not?
Because you can only fit one train into each tunnel at a time.
PGP fingerprint: E66A 9D58 AA10 E967 41A6 474E E41D 10AE 082C F3ED
Nippo
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Nippo »

At that station, there is no need for another one, if there will be, i'll build another one. There are two going to the station, so not to uphold the other trains in line. But the outgoing line is like that to withold a little traffic limiter.
That was just a side project.
Brianetta
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Brianetta »

Don't take it the wrong way. (-: You asked, and I gave a reason. My networks are normally very low capacity.

The following shots are from my company, bad Investment, on peter1138's nightly server.
Attachments
This is the furthest station which can be reached by local train from Trudingstone.  Express services don't stop here.  Its evolution is seen here.  During electrification, a tunnel was built to convey northbound express traffic.
This is the furthest station which can be reached by local train from Trudingstone. Express services don't stop here. Its evolution is seen here. During electrification, a tunnel was built to convey northbound express traffic.
BI_Farburg_Before_After.png (615.9 KiB) Viewed 872 times
The far west end of the network, seen here shortly after electrification of the mainline.  Local and express services both stop here.  Some local services share the mainline about half way, the rest go north on a branch.
The far west end of the network, seen here shortly after electrification of the mainline. Local and express services both stop here. Some local services share the mainline about half way, the rest go north on a branch.
BI_Trudingstone_Grand.png (149.32 KiB) Viewed 863 times
This is my network's only depot.  Flenley is the most easterly terminus of the mainline, and isn't busy.  The trains are here long enough to be turned around.  A new 10000 from English Electric can be seen here.
This is my network's only depot. Flenley is the most easterly terminus of the mainline, and isn't busy. The trains are here long enough to be turned around. A new 10000 from English Electric can be seen here.
BI_Flenley_Depot.png (64.4 KiB) Viewed 4473 times
bobingabout
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by bobingabout »

you're using my station layout! you get the idea from my stations when i played on your server, or did you just make them up?
JPG SUX!!! USE PNG!!!
There are times when JPG is useful, TTD screenshots is not one of them. Please use PNG instead.

[/url]
Saibot
Chairman
Chairman

Post by Saibot »

In the 1st picture, with the depots - Maybe you should use that .grf that makes them longer so it looks like they are only 1 depot?
Brianetta
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Brianetta »

bobingabout wrote:you're using my station layout! you get the idea from my stations when i played on your server, or did you just make them up?
Your layout? On which station? I did just make them all up. The terminus stations were derrived from some of my efforts to find PBS-style solutions witout PBS whilst having a lively debate with DaleStan and some others. Farburg began life as such a terminus, but was extended when the rest of the mainline was opened.

I didn't copy anybody's designs. I don't get any feeling of accomplishment from doing so, and you can find very similar stations from me in this very thread:

http://www.tt-forums.net/viewtopic.php?p=442798#442798

If I'm inspired by anybody, it's White Rabbit. His stations look real.
bobingabout
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by bobingabout »

http://www.tt-forums.net//files/bi_trud ... nd_119.png
this 1
i can't find the screenshot at the moment, but i can get 1 later maybe.

not that i mind if you based it on mine, it was just a question. IIRC it was from the game you linked to. just not any of my stations in the screen shots.
JPG SUX!!! USE PNG!!!
There are times when JPG is useful, TTD screenshots is not one of them. Please use PNG instead.

[/url]
Brianetta
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Brianetta »

Definitely not based on yours. I wasn't even aware that that you used stations along these lines - there certainly aren't any from you in my modest nightly server screenshot collection. I first used it for one of my own stations (as opposed to helping somebody else design theirs) in the Kenford game (see thread).

Just chalk it down to convergent design. There are few solutions to a given track problem which are even close to optimal .
bobingabout
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by bobingabout »

I'll have to start playing on your server again.
JPG SUX!!! USE PNG!!!

[/url]
Brianetta
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Brianetta »

bobingabout wrote:I'll have to start playing on your server again.
You'll have a job, since I discontinued it a few months ago.
Chrill

Post by Chrill »

A few screens from my game. Started as a multiplayer but I left the server after 10-15 minutes and started playing Singeplay.. I have not played this one for a long time, so there's not much to see.

Pic 1: My most busy station, where I drop all the coal.
Pic 2: One of the junctions
Pic 3: Iron Ore / Steel Station next to Mainline
Attachments
Chrill Transport, 6 jan 1988.png
(314.24 KiB) Downloaded 241 times
Chrill Transport, 4 jan 1988.png
(269.74 KiB) Downloaded 212 times
Chrill Transport, 31 dec 1987.png
(250.83 KiB) Downloaded 307 times
My Scenarios:
Archipiélago Hermoso (Latest Release: Version 3.2)
Turnpike Falls (Latest Release: Version 0.91)
bobingabout
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by bobingabout »

Brianetta wrote:
bobingabout wrote:I'll have to start playing on your server again.
You'll have a job, since I discontinued it a few months ago.
why?
JPG SUX!!! USE PNG!!!

[/url]
DaleStan
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by DaleStan »

Go visit the nightly page and read.
To get a good answer, ask a Smart Question. Similarly, if you want a bug fixed, write a Useful Bug Report. No TTDPatch crashlog? Then follow directions.
Projects: NFORenum (download) | PlaneSet (Website) | grfcodec (download) | grfdebug.log parser
bobingabout
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by bobingabout »

eerrr, i lost my favorites, what is it?
JPG SUX!!! USE PNG!!!

[/url]
DaleStan
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by DaleStan »

To get a good answer, ask a Smart Question. Similarly, if you want a bug fixed, write a Useful Bug Report. No TTDPatch crashlog? Then follow directions.
Projects: NFORenum (download) | PlaneSet (Website) | grfcodec (download) | grfdebug.log parser
Nippo
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Nippo »

How does the "coverage area" work. As you can see in the picture posted below, I've spread the station somewhat and wonder if each Food processing plant (blue-/red-box) picks up from all stations connected to that Plant?.
The red stations are one and the blues another one.
Ex, the Red 1 and 2 is the station "Nippo food AB 2", is the Red 2 contributing to the Red Food Plant?
Attachments
Nippo AB, 10th Feb 2018.png
(144.26 KiB) Downloaded 307 times
uzusan
Engineer
Engineer

Post by uzusan »

I was trying to see what i could do in the last 1/2 an hour / 45 mins of my shift at work.

Just 2 small towns. Everything is connected (in a way). there are inter station busses and mail trucks that move everything around.
Attachments
Brinnway Transport, 16th Oct 1953.png
(282.21 KiB) Downloaded 856 times
Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away. - PKD
Brianetta
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Brianetta »

uzusan, I find that layout to be very pleasing. Thank you.
SerriaRomeo
Engineer
Engineer

my new mainline style test,

Post by SerriaRomeo »

Here's another shot and the save game from my mainline test, I need a little help with the signals at the busiest junction in the game, I'm trying to get the trains to move to the empty line with out slowing down, but every once in a while they come to a complete stop when there are already 2 trains in the junction.

Main thing i'm looking for is a way to increase the speed of either the trains moving clear of the junction or a better way to make the junction so it will clear it self quicker so that the trains will not have to stop.

Also the save is from minin 6500 with this list of newgrfs.
http://openttdcoop.ppcis.org/sandbox.php
Attachments
Wrinburg Transport, 7th Jan 2100.sav
(788.97 KiB) Downloaded 568 times
Wrinburg Transport, 9th Jul 2099.png
(111.9 KiB) Downloaded 716 times
Brianetta
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Brianetta »

Shouldn't this thread be more about showcasing than debugging?

Return to “Screenshots”