[TTDX Configurator news topic]

Get help, info, news and advice about the Transport Tycoon Deluxe patch.

Moderator: TTDPatch Moderators

Redirect Left
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Redirect Left »

Yup, i eagerly await 2.8.5 :D
Need some good tested AI? - Unofficial AI Tester, list of good stuff & thread is here.
MJS
Director
Director

Post by MJS »

I believe it has been updated to 2.8.5, even though it still reads 2.8.0 - it now has filled ttdpatch.cfg with additional lines reading 'basic=off' and 'industriescargo=off', none of which are recognized by TTDpatch. Or is this a feature of the newest nightly?
Redirect Left
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Redirect Left »

oh, I wonder if he will release a fix for that reading error then..
Need some good tested AI? - Unofficial AI Tester, list of good stuff & thread is here.
lobster
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by lobster »

MJS: it's a bug (or at least something i can't place), sneaked in through a recent nightly. just tuck all those options out in the ttdpatch.cfg manually, and they'll be gone in the Configurator as well.
"Your mother was a lobster, and your father... was also a lobster" -- The rascal formerly known as astath -- Last.fm -- Official TT-Dave Worley Fan Club

<orudge> make love to me while I surf, dear lobster
DaleStan
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by DaleStan »

Under no circumstances follow asatath's advice!

If you edit your config manually, then you void all warranty that TTDXC will ever pretend to behave correctly on any computer that you come within three miles of. </Andrex>

Sorry, my sarcasm generator is firing on eight of four cylinders tonight. I presume it'll return to normal soon.
To get a good answer, ask a Smart Question. Similarly, if you want a bug fixed, write a Useful Bug Report. No TTDPatch crashlog? Then follow directions.
Projects: NFORenum (download) | PlaneSet (Website) | grfcodec (download) | grfdebug.log parser
Andrex
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Andrex »

Actually version 2.8.0 was the one being updated to... itself. I released 2.8.5 together with a major divxland.org site update, and I forgot to put the new 2.8.5 executable in there.

At least the version provided with the installer was always 2.8.5... now I uploaded the proper file and you can proceed to update to latest version automatically.

If you happen to view all switches in the "Other" category tab, either the ttpd version does not support categories, or the categories from the XML were translated to another language. TTDXC will include category info (bor stable switches only) on its own in next version to prevent this.
CPCNMAN007
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by CPCNMAN007 »

I found a problem with version of TTDXConfigurator.
Attachments
Problem.jpg
Problem.jpg (81.85 KiB) Viewed 20365 times
ImageImageImageImageImageImage
lobster
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by lobster »

Andrex wrote:Actually version 2.8.0 was the one being updated to... itself.
i knew it! :P

brilliant work though. as usual.
"Your mother was a lobster, and your father... was also a lobster" -- The rascal formerly known as astath -- Last.fm -- Official TT-Dave Worley Fan Club

DaleStan
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by DaleStan »

Andrex wrote:If you happen to view all switches in the "Other" category tab, either the ttpd version does not support categories
TTDPatch has never supported categories names as switches, and probably never will.

Free hint: The <category>, <special>, <range>, <bool>, and <bitswitch> tags are all different.
To get a good answer, ask a Smart Question. Similarly, if you want a bug fixed, write a Useful Bug Report. No TTDPatch crashlog? Then follow directions.
Projects: NFORenum (download) | PlaneSet (Website) | grfcodec (download) | grfdebug.log parser
lobster
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by lobster »

DaleStan, will you finally shut the bloody hell up? your supposedly allknowing criticism's more than annoying.

DaleStan
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by DaleStan »

astath wrote:DaleStan, will you finally shut the bloody hell up? your supposedly allknowing criticism
Catch me saying something incorrect, and I'll do one better. I'll apologize.
lobster
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by lobster »

DaleStan wrote:Catch me saying something incorrect, and I'll do one better. I'll apologize.
wow, must be hard for you. good luck.

DaleStan
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by DaleStan »

Andrex: Effective the nightly build of about 15 minutes ago, TTDPatch is no longer guaranteed to write bits for a bit switch in order. For an example of this, replace your ttdpatch.cfg with:

Code: Select all

miscmods.servintonlyhuman on
miscmods.gradualloadbywagon on
miscmods.dontfixtropicbanks on
miscmods.oldtownterrmodlimit on
miscmods.nodefaultoldtracktype on
miscmods.norescalecompanygraph on
miscmods.notimegiveaway on
miscmods.noworldedgeflooding on
miscmods.nonewspritesorter on
miscmods.noenhancedcomp on
miscmods.smallspritelimit on
miscmods.noextendstationrange on
miscmods.dontfixpaymentgraph on
miscmods.dontshowaltitude on
miscmods.dontchangesnow on
The result, after running "ttdpatch[w] -!T- -W ttdpatch.cfg", contains (comments elided):

Code: Select all

miscmods.servintonlyhuman on
miscmods.gradualloadbywagon on
miscmods.dontfixtropicbanks on
miscmods.oldtownterrmodlimit on
miscmods.nodefaultoldtracktype on
miscmods.norescalecompanygraph on
miscmods.notimegiveaway on
miscmods.noworldedgeflooding on
miscmods.nonewspritesorter on
miscmods.noenhancedcomp on
miscmods.smallspritelimit on
miscmods.noextendstationrange on
miscmods.dontfixpaymentgraph on
miscmods.dontshowaltitude on
miscmods.dontchangesnow on
// **** New bits ****
miscmods.nobuildonbanks off
miscmods.noroadtakeover off
miscmods.dontfixlitres off
miscmods.dontfixhousesprites off
miscmods.nozeppelinonlargeap off
miscmods.usevehnnumbernotname off
miscmods.noyearlyfinances off
miscmods.nodesynchwarning off
miscmods.doshowintro off
miscmods.nodiagonalflooding off
miscmods.breakdownatsignal off
miscmods.displaytownsize off
miscmods.nooldvehiclenews off
miscmods.loaduntilgreen off
miscmods.nogrfidsinscreenshots off
miscmods.notransparentdepots off
TTDXC thinks this says that the first fourteen bits are set, while in actuality, only the even numbered bits are set.

BTW, TTDPC reads this correctly (which should surprise no one except robotboy).
Andrex
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Andrex »

Coming on next TTDXC 2.8.6, the error that was disabling single-bit bitswitches is fixed (it was 'something stupid', like Robbie Williams & Nicole Kidman used to say).

Also, to avoid going crazy -like Gnarls Barkley 8)- locating switches, a search switch feature was added. This function behaves just like FireFox's find feature, and searches in both switch internal and translated/visible names for easier switch location. This version will be out as soon as I get some translations (or not), sometime this week.
Attachments
ttdxc286.gif
ttdxc286.gif (38.86 KiB) Viewed 19987 times
Andrex
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Andrex »

Since I don't have time to thoroughly test it, here I attach a TTDXC 2.8.6 preview version, with the changelog is inside. It supports the reading/writing of bit names for those TTDP versions which provide an XML file.

Please post here if any problems are encountered on it.

Note that allowing this version to update itselft will return it to current 2.8.5 version. The next public version will be 2.8.7.

Edit: download replaced with 2.8.6 preview 2.
Last edited by Andrex on 25 Oct 2006 18:40, edited 1 time in total.
Dr_Quin
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Dr_Quin »

CPCNMAN007 wrote:I found a problem with version of TTDXConfigurator.
Hi!
I have simillar problem with this version of The configurator
MJS
Director
Director

Post by MJS »

New update looks very promising. I like the idea of a search function. Will it be able to search in the more buried categories as well (especially 'experimental features')?

Or would it rather be an idea to bring those hidden categories out into the open and show them (possibly indented) in the regular list?
lobster
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by lobster »

i´m using the new one, it works like a treat. looking forward to 2.8.7

Andrex
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Andrex »

Dr_Quin, your screenshot is from version 2.8.5, not latest 2.8.6 I posted earlier. That error should be fixed on it.
MJS wrote:New update looks very promising. I like the idea of a search function. Will it be able to search in the more buried categories as well (especially 'experimental features')?

Or would it rather be an idea to bring those hidden categories out into the open and show them (possibly indented) in the regular list?
The search function does not search within bits of bitswitches, I don't consider that much useful. And if you are proposing showing all bits on the main GUI, I don't consider it a good idea either because the list would be really long, and those bits have very long descripctions in some cases.
DaleStan
TTDPatch Developer
TTDPatch Developer

Post by DaleStan »

Andrex wrote:I don't consider that much useful.
/me wonders how much of NFORenum he doesn't consider useful.

A quick glance through the readme and the -h message finds: @@PRESERVEMESSAGES, most of @@BEAUTIFY (especially the configurability), @@LET and its associated RPN expression evaluator, @@USEOLDSPRITENUMS, --comment, --data, and --no-replace.

Any idea why they're in there, since I don't consider them useful? Because someone else thought they would be useful, and asked that I implement them.

And on a different subject:
I went to test TTDXC 2.8.6 -- I put it in my TTD folder, and ran it, and it quite helpfully said "Unable to create switches.xml info file. TTDXC will download the info file for TTDPatch 2.0 rev 1 now."

I'm not quite sure what it's smoking there, because it didn't even *try* to start ttdpatchw.exe (I know this because my firewall allerts me when unknown programs try to start other programs.) Had it done so, TTDPatch would have done as TTDXC requested, and generated a proper XML file. (This was verified by running ttdpatchw -!S- from a command line.)

If I manually generate switches.xml, TTDXC deletes it and then reports that switches.xml couldn't be generated, as above.

The ttdpatchw.exe in my folder, as reported by -!T-, is "TTDPatch V2.6 alpha 0 r1141mod (Windows)".

The same basic problem is exhibited with my local 2.5 build. (version "TTDPatch V2.5 beta 8 r1135mod (Windows)")

EDIT: Fix there/they're, and a copy&paste error in the 2.5 version number.
Last edited by DaleStan on 23 Oct 2006 22:49, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “General TTDPatch”