Activated PBS, but what about the signal looks?

Get help, info, news and advice about the Transport Tycoon Deluxe patch.

Moderator: TTDPatch Moderators

Mr B
Engineer
Engineer

Activated PBS, but what about the signal looks?

Post by Mr B »

Not sure about this, but i belive i've seen some other signals (not the semaphores) that had different color lights. Are these pictures just older, or am i missing some grf? (Actully, i think i've seen an additional yellow light, and its not the presignal signs i'm thinking about)

Slightly confused, it works regardless... i think.
B!
aahz77
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by aahz77 »

You will need to get a new grf file. See http://wiki.ttdpatch.net/tiki-index.php?page=Signalling for further details.
Mr B
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Mr B »

Yeah, i figured i needed new graphics, i just couldent find em.
Thanks, linky did it.
B!
Mr B
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Mr B »

Might as well add it here, insted of making a new thread, who knows, i might get lucky.

From the wiki:
"You can disable this by enabling the "autoconvertpresig" setting off the switch, in which case you have to set one signal in each block manually by cycling the states with Ctrl."

No you cant... So, any idea how you actually CAN shut of the automatic pathbased signal placement? (Along with the conversion of presignal to pathbased signalworks, preferably)

Again, im assuming its just to simple, so obviues, that i havent clued in on it.
B!
Patchman
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Patchman »

Mr B wrote:No you cant...
Yes you can.
Josef Drexler

TTDPatch main | alpha/beta | nightly | manual | FAQ | tracker
No private messages please, you'll only get the answering machine there. Send email instead.
aahz77
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by aahz77 »

Patchman wrote:
Yes you can.
I could just say "RTFM" and move on, but the answer is quite simple:

If you play without autoconvertpresig, you have to switch manualpbssig on. Otherwise you won't be able to manually convert any signal.

And if you want the other way like I often do (turning an automatically converted pbs-block back into non-pbs), you have to do two things: 1. switch on manualpbssig and preservemanualpresig, 2. convert ALL signals leading in and out of the block you wish to convert back to non-pbs (otherwise the autoconvertpresig switch would convert the block back into pbs if at least one pbs-signal remains).
Mr B
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Mr B »

Patchman wrote:
Yes you can.
If you say so, i wont argue with you, but I sure cant.
TTDPatch V2.5 beta 8 (Windows) starting.
Warning: Invalid cfg line 'autoconvertpresig off'.
Press Escape to abort, or any other key to continue.
aahz77 wrote: If you play without autoconvertpresig, you have to switch manualpbssig on. Otherwise you won't be able to manually convert any signal.
Rather obviues, and exacly what i wanted in the first place.
aahz77 wrote: And if you want the other way like I often do (turning an automatically converted pbs-block back into non-pbs), you have to do two things: 1. switch on manualpbssig and preservemanualpresig, 2. convert ALL signals leading in and out of the block you wish to convert back to non-pbs (otherwise the autoconvertpresig switch would convert the block back into pbs if at least one pbs-signal remains).
Sounds even better, having the cake, and eating it. However...
TTDPatch V2.5 beta 8 (Windows) starting.
Warning: Invalid cfg line 'preservemanualpresig on'.
Press Escape to abort, or any other key to continue.
And... as far as im aware, i DID read the manual, hence im actually asking at all. Up untill now i've simply redesigned larg parts of the affected railroad when signas dident behave as i wanted them to, since i couldent get the pathbased signal system, without the autosetup crap.

The switches mentiond arent in the config file, and adding them manualy obviuesly dosent work, so now what?

(I do apreaceate you guys taking the time)
B!
Rob
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Rob »

The complete switchname is : "pathbasedsignalling.preservemanualpresig on" .
Without the "pathbasedsignalling" bit the patch won't recognise it as a valid switch.
(btw this is true for all the "pathbasedsignalling" switches)
Wie zich gelukkig voelt met het geluk van anderen, bezit een rijkdom zonder grenzen. (F.Daels)
Still the best OS around
Mr B
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Mr B »

That did it, thanks.
B!
aahz77
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by aahz77 »

Rob wrote:(btw this is true for all the "pathbasedsignalling" switches)
This is true for all bit-switches, like experimentalfeatures, miscmods, and many more!

@Mr B: Just try it like Rob wrote, I think all your problems should be swept away.

Return to “General TTDPatch”