..,,;;:: Spain set ::;;,,.. 90% taster 1.24 available

Discuss, get help with, or post new graphics for TTDPatch and OpenTTD, using the NewGRF system, here. Graphics for plain TTD also acceptable here.

Moderator: Graphics Moderators

Death
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Death »

I have noticed that the road in the crossings is too bright.
Is it a mistake in the colour or maybe you're planning a new road style? (forgive me if I sound a bit rude, I couldn't write that in another words...)
Sanchimaru
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Sanchimaru »

Don't worry, it's fine like that! ;)

True, I didn't realize when in made some of the rails brighter that I was changing the roads too. Here is the corrected version (again)
Attachments
speedtrack.png
speedtrack.png (39.85 KiB) Viewed 18591 times
Death
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Death »

Here:
Attachments
speedrails.zip
(39.59 KiB) Downloaded 735 times
Last edited by Death on 22 Aug 2006 16:29, edited 1 time in total.
BobDendry
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by BobDendry »

I like the graphics, Sanchimaru
Formerly known as Lachie
Sanchimaru
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Sanchimaru »

Death: I downloaded and tested the file, but it seems that only the road crossings have been replaced. Actually, I should have specified it clearer:
latest changes that are not present in this GRF:
> All the loose tracks
> All the grass sprites
> All the slopes SE-NW

However, for future changes / releases:
To be sure that all the changes are introduced, I'd say to insert the whole sprite in the new GRF. However...
If it is too hard to replace the whole GRF with my sprites as they are, I can work directly on a version you can directly paste over the old file. You just have to ask for it, I'll gladly do it to save you work ;)
Death
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Death »

>>>>>>>>>>>CODING NEWS<<<<<<<<<<<<

New Version: 1.22v

Changes:
  • New wagons:
    • - "Short Hopper"
      - "Short Tanker"
      - "Short Flatcar"
  • disable the Alpine climate requirement (too much problems)
  • Fixing some bugs
Download:__________________________________________________________

Sanchimaru:
Sorry, about the rails. download it again.

Death
Sanchimaru
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Sanchimaru »

Oh, we can't use Alpine? well, I hope that can be fixed in some future version, but don't worry too much about it now.

I have been testing the file, and I found a really curious bug:
It's the short hoppers:
> the name is set to "short mineral hopper" but actually it should be "short hopper" (since it transports fruit, maize, grain and goods too)

> now this is the curious bug: in the iron ore livery, the brown colored cars have flashing pixels in the loaded iron ore. This time it's not our old friend 64,0,0 ; but his neighbors, the "magic brown" (76,24,8 and family) , the one that is besides the "fire red"
Why is this happening only to one of the cars, if all belong to the same file? ?(
Attachments
ironore.png
ironore.png (5.69 KiB) Viewed 18382 times
Death
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Death »

Sanchimaru wrote:Oh, we can't use Alpine? well, I hope that can be fixed in some future version, but don't worry too much about it now.
The problem is:
If Alpine set is enabled, the cars cannot transport food.
I didn't check it but maybe it possible to transport food if the new cargos are enabled too (and it makes the requirements of the spainset much longer). Anyway, new cargos required new cars, so you can transport fish and beer etc. I think it would be better if we make the spainset has its own landscape, as the japanset. It may take a lot of time, but I think it will be more comfortable to use with the spainset than the Alpine.
(the Alpine mounts are not in Spain at all!)
Sanchimaru wrote:I have been testing the file, and I found a really curious bug:
It's the short hoppers:
> the name is set to "short mineral hopper" but actually it should be "short hopper" (since it transports fruit, maize, grain and goods too)
It will be fixed in the next version
Sanchimaru wrote:> now this is the curious bug: in the iron ore livery, the brown colored cars have flashing pixels in the loaded iron ore. This time it's not our old friend 64,0,0 ; but his neighbors, the "magic brown" (76,24,8 and family) , the one that is besides the "fire red"
Why is this happening only to one of the cars, if all belong to the same file? ?(
I don't know but it will be fixed in the next version too,
Thanks for the announcement. :wink:
Death
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Death »

Here, the new version: 1.23v

Changes:
  • New wagons:
    • "Livestock Van"
    • "Big Livestock Van"
    • "Flatcar"
    • "Hopper"
  • Fixed default capacity for wagons in the tropic climate
  • Fixed colour (No Blinks)
  • More fixing work
Download:-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sanchimaru:
  • Only 2 trains and 6 wagons and the main work is done! now, I have to know about the 120 EMU, is it have only 4 wagons? and how should the wagons go?
  • I've noticed that there are no wagons for Valuables/Gold/Diamonds and paper, did I miss something?
Sanchimaru
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Sanchimaru »

downloaded and tested!

So far I could find the following:

> more blinking pixels :) this time courtesy brought to you from myself (the original sprites were in the incorrect color) Please, check out attachments for updating: electric engines 269 and 250

> livestock cars: while loading at station, the ones that are already full should close the door, so that the player can know at first glance it without having to check out the train window.

That's all!

About your questions for the next release:
Thanks a lot for the hard work! we are really near now! let's see if I can arrange a good prices list soon...
> 120 EMU: yes, it is a 4 cars formation, the same as the 104, 464 and 450. The symmetric car is for passengers; the uneven car is for mail.
> valuables/gold/diamonds: make the mail car be refittable to these items.
> paper: actually the Spain set should not run in arctic; only temperate and tropical, so we don't need a paper livery.
Attachments
250.png
250.png (3.14 KiB) Viewed 18193 times
269.png
269.png (8 KiB) Viewed 18178 times
Purno
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Purno »

Nice graphics Sanchimaru. :!:

I definately should try out this set some time, looks promising. Keep up the good work all.
Contributor to the The 2cc Set and Dutch Trainset. Inventor of the Metro concept. Retired Graphics Artist.
Image Image
Download TT | Latest TTDPatch | OpenTTD | OpenTTDCoop | BaNaNaS: OpenTTD content system | 2048² OTTD scenario of the Netherlands
GRF Codec | GRF Crawler | GRF Maker | Usefull graphics & tools sites | NML Documentation Wiki | NFO Documentation Wiki
All my graphics are licensed under GPL. "Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else."
krtaylor
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by krtaylor »

Website updated.
Development Projects Site:
http://www.as-st.com/ttd
Japan, American Transition, Planeset, and Project Generic Stations available there
Death
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Death »

Here we go:

Version: 1.24v

Changes:
  • New locomotives:
    • 120 EMU
    • TRAVCA L9202 Talgo
  • New wagons:
    • Big Hopper
    • Closed Hopper
    • Tarp-sided Car
    • Boxcar
    • Long boxcar
    • Container Carrier
    • Open Autorack
  • fixed blinks for 269 japonesa and 250
  • some wagons have the corrected load amount
  • some alignment work
Download: *three notes:
  • The TRAVCA L9202 Talgo have 4096 HP, since we don't know its correct power.
  • I made the Autorack have the same colour for the whole train it attatched to, because I cannot make the two parts of the wagons have the same colour and chosen randomaly.
    But I have an idea :idea: :
    decided randomaly 12 colours by you, and making it appear every 12 wagons. then do the same 3 or more times and make the 4 sets random for each train. example:
    let say I code it like this:

1. <red><red><blue><yellow><Blue>...
    2. <Blue><yellow><CC><red><CC>...

and each chain appears every 12 wagons.
    then you make it random, so one train will get the 1st chain, and another tain will get the 2nd chain and so on.
    I believe it will works fine, since it's rare that someone will buy more than 12 wagons...
    what do you think?
  • This day is my last summer day, it means that tomorrow I'll be buck to school (Damn! :evil: ) and I'll be busier. I'm glad to see we finished the main work before tomorrow.
Scautura
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Scautura »

r879 nightly: I'm not sure if these bugs are SpainSetor nightly related, I'll come back to you when I test with b8 as well:

I'm sure the autorack isn't supposed to hold a random number amount of goods. What happens is as soon as it starts loading, the value keeps rising until it rolls over (to -32,000ish) and then keeps rising... Never stops. Sometimes half of the autorack ends up a random colour/icon that is completely unrelated. (autorack.png)

Number 2: The contagious power of EMUs/DMUs doesn't seem to work - checked using DBSetXL to make sure this wasn't a TTDP problem. The Talguillo ends up with 205HP, and the next DMU (Railcar?) and EMU (Suiza?) don't add the power that is stated in the blurb at *any* point. (contagious.png)

Third: The Retales appears as both a High Speed and a normal train. Is this right? Different specs for both. (retales.png)

Scautura
Attachments
Retales.png
Retales.png (20.61 KiB) Viewed 17827 times
Contagious.png
Contagious.png (19.75 KiB) Viewed 17830 times
Autorack.png
Autorack.png (7.5 KiB) Viewed 17807 times
Duct tape is like the Force - it has a Dark side, a Light side, and it holds the universe together.
Scautura
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Scautura »

Also adding configs below:

Edit: b8 solves the autorack problem, but the other problems remain. In addition, I checked with other EMUs and DMUs with contagious power, no luck. There was also another duplicated engine on the high speed tracks, and engines with 0 value for maintenance.

Scautura
Attachments
Config.zip
(10.67 KiB) Downloaded 630 times
Duct tape is like the Force - it has a Dark side, a Light side, and it holds the universe together.
Dave

Post by Dave »

This occurred elsewhere (just for the record)... I can't remember if it was fixed or not.
Official TT-Dave Fan Club

Dave's Screenshot Thread! - Albion: A fictional Britain
Flickr

Why be a song when you can be a symphony? r is a...
Scautura
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Scautura »

Which "this"? :)

With the fact that the autorack works in b8, it seems like a break in the handling of articulated wagons - I didn't check the way it worked in older nightlies, when the artics worked in the UKRS... I should probably check and see if they're broken.

And after doing a very quick test, it's broken in UKRS as well... Patch bug!

Scautura
WWTBAM

Post by WWTBAM »

I think it might be the new articulated vehicles system.
Formerly known as r0b0t_b0y2003, robotboy, roboboy and beclawat. The best place to get the most recent nightly builds of TTDPatch is: http://roboboy.users.tt-forums.net/TTDPatch/nightlies/
Death
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Death »

• Scautura wrote:Third: The Retales appears as both a High Speed and a normal train. Is this right? Different specs for both. (retales.png)
    Yes, it sould be so, the retales can ride on the both tracks, as the 269 "japonesa".
  • Scautura wrote:and engines with 0 value for maintenance.
    The set hasn't finished yet. some of these detiles (the HP, Tractive Effort, prices, runnuig costs etc.) are still missing. had you noticed that this is a taster version before you downloaded it?
Scautura
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Scautura »

Death wrote:
  • Scautura wrote:Third: The Retales appears as both a High Speed and a normal train. Is this right? Different specs for both. (retales.png)
    Yes, it sould be so, the retales can ride on the both tracks, as the 269 "japonesa".
  • Scautura wrote:and engines with 0 value for maintenance.
    The set hasn't finished yet. some of these detiles (the HP, Tractive Effort, prices, runnuig costs etc.) are still missing. had you noticed that this is a taster version before you downloaded it?
What threw me most was that although they're the same train (right/wrong?) they have different details - yes, I realise this is a taster, but I assumed that was along the same lines as a beta, in as much as I thought I was trying to help point out bugs in an attempt to help. My apologies if it sounded like it was a complaint, as I understand there is a lot of work going into making this set.

Return to “Graphics Development”