What to do when you find a bug - READ

Got a problem with OpenTTD? Find some help here.

Moderator: OpenTTD Developers

orudge
Administrator
Administrator

What to do when you find a bug - READ

Post by orudge »

Please, if you find something that you think is a bug, and you can't find anything else about it, post it on the Bug Tracker, so that the developers can find it easily and hopefully fix it! It is okay to ask your questions here, but bugs need to go FlySpray so the developers don't miss it.

Make sure the bug is reproduceable, and always include a savegame and screenshot if possible. Also look in the bugtracker if someone else posted a bug just like yours. No need to add it then. You can maybe comment to it if you have more specific circumstances, etc. You do not need to login to submit a bug. You do need to log in to upload savegames/screenshots and files in general. If you do, don't forget to check the "Check to Upload and Attach a File:" checkbox.

Very important! Post bugs here!!
Psicho
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Psicho »

When the game crashes it sends the errors to the developers.
I would like to know if you get it as a bug/error or if I should write you anyway.
greetz,
Rasael
orudge
Administrator
Administrator

Post by orudge »

Yes, please do, as the bug reports aren't currently used, and it's useful to have an English version of what happened too. ;)
MYOB
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by MYOB »

I'd like to add that if you get a crash on BeOS:

GO TO THE DEBUGGER! Don't dismiss the crash dialog

do 'sc' and then 'regs'. They will help (although not much as the binaries are stripped) Give the entire output with the bug report

Say which binary you were using - ottd-ns or ottd-bone

Say what version of BeOS or Zeta you were using - and if its R5, wheter you have BONE installed

This is all important, as I think theres some weird Zeta only bugs in the code somewhere.
gkirilov
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by gkirilov »

my anti virus(mcafee Enterprise) warns me that this page has a Trojan http://bugs.openttd.org/ . It block a script or something.
It's probably a fake warning .. but please check it.
OTTDCoop NewGRF Pack|Different sets of GRFs for TTDPatch (some of them work in OTTD) - 1|- 2|GRF sets for OTTD|OTTD nightly
I hooked up my accelerator to my brake lights. I hit the gas, people behind me stop, and I'm gone.
Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car. Oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car. Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall. Torque is how far you take the wall with you. Spoilers and bodykits are how much of the wall you take with you. Rollcages and windownets are how much of a mess you leave on the wall.
Lamoot
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Lamoot »

I have encountered an error in the scenario editor and the program crashed. I have the crash log saved, but the "send report" button didn't work. Should I post the crash log here http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.ph ... tid=636365
? It seems like a similar bug.

I'm new into all this bug reporting system so some help would be welcome :)
CharlyHRO
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by CharlyHRO »

gkirilov wrote:...(mcafee Enterprise)... It block a script or something.
It's probably a fake warning .. but please check it.
If I only hear McAfee I'm sliding off of my chair and begin to cry "NOOOOO!!!!!". Same for Symantec...
moe moe pipebomb
Dan Racke
Engineer
Engineer

Reporting Bugs

Post by Dan Racke »

I guess I'm brain dead because I went to the bug posting site and could not find a way to post a bug. Would someone tell me how this is done so I can post what I think is a large bug in the latest nightly compile. :?
It's not what you know, but knowing how to apply it.
bobingabout
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by bobingabout »

you have to be registered and signed in to post a bug, then click on the "Add new task" button at the top of the page.
JPG SUX!!! USE PNG!!!
There are times when JPG is useful, TTD screenshots is not one of them. Please use PNG instead.

[/url]
Brianetta
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Brianetta »

It's the very definition of intuitive.
PGP fingerprint: E66A 9D58 AA10 E967 41A6 474E E41D 10AE 082C F3ED
Dan Racke
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Dan Racke »

I DID log in and there was NO 'New Task' button at the bottom of the screen. :evil:
It's not what you know, but knowing how to apply it.
bobingabout
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by bobingabout »

Dan Racke wrote:there was NO 'New Task' button at the bottom of the screen
bobingabout wrote:then click on the "Add new task" button at the top of the page.
JPG SUX!!! USE PNG!!!
There are times when JPG is useful, TTD screenshots is not one of them. Please use PNG instead.

[/url]
gkirilov
Chief Executive
Chief Executive

Post by gkirilov »

Is someone of the devs even reading the http://bugs.openttd.org/ ?
OTTDCoop NewGRF Pack|Different sets of GRFs for TTDPatch (some of them work in OTTD) - 1|- 2|GRF sets for OTTD|OTTD nightly
I hooked up my accelerator to my brake lights. I hit the gas, people behind me stop, and I'm gone.
Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car. Oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car. Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall. Torque is how far you take the wall with you. Spoilers and bodykits are how much of the wall you take with you. Rollcages and windownets are how much of a mess you leave on the wall.
bobingabout
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by bobingabout »

aparantly, (and this is from back when elrails was being made) if you want any but to be read it MUST be posted on the flyspray bughouse at bugs.openttd.org.
JPG SUX!!! USE PNG!!!

[/url]
snike0437
Engineer
Engineer

Post by snike0437 »

Is the MiniIN bugs should be posted on http://bugs.openttd.org/ ?
richk67
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by richk67 »

No, MiniIN bugs in the sticky thread only please. Many thanks.
OTTD NewGRF_ports. Add an airport design via newgrf.Superceded by Yexo's NewGrf Airports 2
Want to organise your trains? Try Routemarkers.
--- ==== --- === --- === ---
Firework Photography
Expresso
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Expresso »

I cannot register :( , registering results in the following php errors:

Code: Select all

Notice: Undefined variable: register_text in /www/openttd.org/bugs/scripts/modify.php on line 558
Notice: Undefined variable: register_text in /www/openttd.org/bugs/scripts/modify.php on line 559
I get this with both with jabber and email as contact methods. I filled in all fields.
I use konqueror 3.5.5 as browser and am behind a router (no, I'm not going to unplug it). I also tried this with mozilla, same error.
Can someone please fix this or provide a workaround? the bug is already there for a while.
Darkvater
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Darkvater »

I've bugged Mihamix about this for a while, he said he will look at it...
TrueLight: "Did you bother to read any of the replies, or you just pressed 'Reply' and started typing?"
<@[R-Dk]FoRbiDDeN> "HELP, this litte arrow thing keeps following my mouse, and I can't make it go away."
Connum
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Connum »

Expresso wrote:I cannot register :( , registering results in the following php errors:

Code: Select all

Notice: Undefined variable: register_text in /www/openttd.org/bugs/scripts/modify.php on line 558
Notice: Undefined variable: register_text in /www/openttd.org/bugs/scripts/modify.php on line 559
I get this with both with jabber and email as contact methods. I filled in all fields.
I use konqueror 3.5.5 as browser and am behind a router (no, I'm not going to unplug it). I also tried this with mozilla, same error.
Can someone please fix this or provide a workaround? the bug is already there for a while.
When I registered yesterday, I got that, too. But the confirmation mail arrived nevertheless and I was able to log in!
English is not my native language, so please excuse me if I sometimes might appear a bit harsh or if I make a spelling or grammar mistake!
TrueBrain
OpenTTD Developer
OpenTTD Developer

Post by TrueBrain »

For the record: those problems are now fixed.
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.

Return to “OpenTTD Problems”