[OTTD] Scenarios

Post your custom scenarios here. Saved games also welcome. All Transport Tycoon games acceptable (including TTDPatch and OpenTTD).
Saibot
Chairman
Chairman

Post by Saibot »

Both openttd.com and openttd.org are the same pages.
gigajum
Route Supervisor
Route Supervisor

Post by gigajum »

proudmoore wrote:no - thats http://www.openttd.com.
bobingabout wrote:i thought it was http://www.openttd.org
Both domains point to the same IP, and the same site, so both are right, if you don't mind about the right tld to the project.
MeusH
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by MeusH »

It is strongly recommended to use dot org adress (http://www.openttd.org)

About "downloadable" scenarios - there were plans to put some scenarios on the website, so people may download it. Nothing has been done yet, however. Maybye I'll do something? I don't know. Maybye.
Lordmwa
President
President

Post by Lordmwa »

right ive had no objections so ill start the topic tommorow
The TT forums trivia tournament! Come along and join in the fun
http://www.funtrivia.com/private/main.cfm?tid=90722
burty
Transport Coordinator
Transport Coordinator

Post by burty »

Observer wrote:I have played both scenario's ... I think delta is a bit too flat, but maybe thats just my opinion...

Personally I realy like ocean view, but if I can make a few suggestions..
You should flatten out the mountains in the red oval below.. because it would:

1. Make it more realistic, around the sea the land is more flat always.
2. Make the map more versatile.. it would be one half flat and one half mountains. That would be my ideal map.

Anyway, Im just making suggestions.. its your scenario ofcourse :D .

Keep it up!
The land by the sea isnt always flatter look at cliffs
andysine
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by andysine »

This is a scenario I am working on at the moment. Just need to add the final touches before I release it.

Red River Scenario

It is quite a small map, but the industries are spread out and there are many towns which makes the map resonably crowded.

Can this scenario be used on bog standard TTD, or can the file only be used by OTTD? I might release it in the TTD thread if it is possible.

EDIT: Scenario file now available, see down two posts.

Pictures attached:
Attachments
The Industries
The Industries
screenshot #3.png (35.11 KiB) Viewed 1965 times
The terrain map
The terrain map
screenshot #2.png (46.53 KiB) Viewed 2361 times
Last edited by andysine on 20 Jun 2006 22:05, edited 1 time in total.
Age of Industry Replacement Set
Themed industry set for OpenTTD

The Greenest Valley
A beautiful scenario featuring Cardiff and the south Wales valleys

Mountains and Prairies
Huge scenario based on Western Canada
MeusH
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by MeusH »

It looks nice. How about more variety of industries (seems these coal mines are so close, this spoils the fun IMO)?
andysine
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by andysine »

MeusH wrote:It looks nice. How about more variety of industries (seems these coal mines are so close, this spoils the fun IMO)?
I thought I'd try something a little different. The idea of this map is that similar industries such as forests, iron ore and coal mines are quite close, but they are a very long way from the sawmills, steel mills and power stations. If you want you can add your own extra industries to the map when I release it.

EDIT: Here is the scenario file:
Enjoy.
Attachments
Red River Scenario.zip
(119.9 KiB) Downloaded 732 times
Age of Industry Replacement Set
Themed industry set for OpenTTD

The Greenest Valley
A beautiful scenario featuring Cardiff and the south Wales valleys

Mountains and Prairies
Huge scenario based on Western Canada
Ben_Robbins_
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Ben_Robbins_ »

Heres England and Wales with all the Motorways and A roads on it. Ill stick a version with limited or no roads on at some point probly, cause differnet people like differnt things.

(I ran out of custom town names...)
Attachments
England and Wales.scn
(1.4 MiB) Downloaded 1255 times
England-Scotland Merge Small 002.jpg
England-Scotland Merge Small 002.jpg (432.49 KiB) Viewed 2384 times
Ben
Wolf01
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Wolf01 »

wow, really cool, how much time you spent on it?
Zimri
Engineer
Engineer

Post by Zimri »

In reply to the question about roads not being implemented on scenarios, i've never really felt the need to include a ready made transport network for a new player.

Although adding roads perhaps gives a better impression of a country or similar, i'd like to see players develop their own transport links from the start.
Ben_Robbins_
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Ben_Robbins_ »

Wolf01: Took long time, i started in october...
Zimri: When i can be bothered to go back to the scenario editor, ill delete the roads and save that as well i think. Sometimes i like roads, sometimes i dont.
Ben
metalangel
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by metalangel »

Ben_Robbins_ wrote:Wolf01: Took long time, i started in october...
Zimri: When i can be bothered to go back to the scenario editor, ill delete the roads and save that as well i think. Sometimes i like roads, sometimes i dont.
Shout it from the rooftops! It's FINISHED!

Now I know what I'll be doing on my day off this monday :D
"(Locomotion is) one of the best-playing games of its type." -Chris Sawyer

Northeast Corridor - South Wales & the Southwest
Scia
Traffic Manager
Traffic Manager

Post by Scia »

Very nice scenario, it is so detailed that my pc already has difficulty to handle it... /me buys a new computer :) . Great scenario :!:

Regards,

Scia
graphics_master
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by graphics_master »

This scenrio is based on challenge. It's a 2048x2048 scenrio which is randomly generated. There is 4 factories on each corner and 1 farm by each one. It's not about money it's about the challenge
Attachments
The Dead Land.scn
(3.48 MiB) Downloaded 603 times
=SLJ=DownEast
Engineer
Engineer

Scenarios and Servers...

Post by =SLJ=DownEast »

I have an issue with scenarios and I'm wonder if it's something I'm doing wrong. I host a server and I created my own map for multiplayer game play, however when I run this map on my server it causes my clients to have connection problems (more so then usual). The map is 1024x1024, so it's pretty good size, but I run random maps at that size and my clients don't get the dsync errors as much. Is there something special I need to do to get my scenerio to run as smoothly as a random map?

Thanks
DownEast
metalangel
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by metalangel »

Ben_Robbins_ wrote:Wolf01: Took long time, i started in october...
Do you mind a bit of constructive crit on it? I spent about five hours yesterday playing it!

The Good:
-massively detailed, you can recreate practically any part of the UK transportation network you like.
-absolutely huge, your trains do travel a realistic distance between stations and so have time to reach top speed and will make you a LOT of money when they get to their destination!

The Bad:
-the roads! Don't get me wrong, it must have taken you forever to do all those roads, especially the way they zig-zag... but they're in the way. Especially when the local authority starts complaining about your tearing up a dual carriageway that you just cannot find a way around.
-too many needless little towns, just the large ones would have been nice, which would have freed up the valuable 'renaming' memory for things like your own company name, or Scotland
-the big cities! Where are we to build our stations? I've spent a fortune on trees as I gradually clear away buildings and roads to expand my stations in the major cities (heaven help me when I try and build my next station in London - Paddington has only halfway finished and it's been 20 game years) and it's really slowing my network down.

I realize this sounds really negative, but don't take it that way - I really like it, it was worth the wait, and well done on what must have been a really gruelling task! I'll submit some pictures later.

Ben_Robbins_
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by Ben_Robbins_ »

I thourhgt the same when playing it. If you want to change it in anyway feel free to repost it changed/improved. I made it with everything there cause deleteing bits then is easy.

<edit> If your up for adding the south part of scotland or the edge of the europe around the edge that would be cool. I was also considering having 'x' amount of very small islands, each with 1 town and 1 factory on, that are callled 'orange', or 'yellow'. These would be placed in the far far left of the map, and teams could use them to simbolize exports and imports from north america.
Attachments
EG.JPG
EG.JPG (112.86 KiB) Viewed 2024 times
Ben
metalangel
Tycoon
Tycoon

Post by metalangel »

Right now my plan (I'm in 1939) is to use the scenario editor to rewind the clock to 1920 and have another 20 years to try and get my network a bit further extended (as it is, it's just London to Cardiff because of the local authorities' arseyness) and then let time take over... I should reach Newcastle and Carlisle just in time to need to electrify them in the 60s :roll:

While I like the idea of the offshore islands (and scotland, and heck, bits of Ulster and Ireland and France could be crammed in too given the size of the map) I'd hate to have to start from scratch all over again.

T'would make an excellent combined-players map, though... just imagine, each player responsible for one of the old British Rail 'Regions'.

meowsqueak
Engineer
Engineer

Post by meowsqueak »

Observer wrote:You should flatten out the mountains in the red oval below.. because it would:

1. Make it more realistic, around the sea the land is more flat always.
Heh, you've obviously never been to New Zealand :)

Return to “Scenarios and Saved Games”